Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: August 2019 Update [Android/iOS/Kindle]

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndie View Post
    Can anyone tell me - if someone hasn't done the update - are they still able to take part in the regatta with other members who have?
    Going off kindle being really late in the July update I assume you can still do the regatta. Here is what Anna said regarding it then:

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    .........As for participating in the Regatta Season, you will be able to race as usual, but please keep in mind that some tasks (like event tasks or those that require new products) won't be available on the Amazon platform till the update is out.

We appreciate your understanding.

Regards,
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndie View Post
    Can anyone tell me - if someone hasn't done the update - are they still able to take part in the regatta with other members who have?
    Yes. I updated my Android tablet this evening only, and dumped all day, and my Coop partner had the update already earlier today (either Android or IOS, not sure). We didn't have problems with the tasks either.
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-28-2019 at 07:12 AM. Reason: most welcome, Lyndie :)

Thanks both. xx
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSookie View Post
    And the bubbles are now absurdly huge!
    Also, what's with the added "glitter" when you pick up produce from the garden, what was that for?
    One thing I like is that we can now freely edit our text while chatting, they have enabled the free positionig of the cursor.
    Some were complaining about how small they were, no prob seeing what's in the barn now!

Kindle player here.

Got the update yesterday.

Dare I say that I am happy with the update? I bought the pool hall, and I'm just waiting for construction to finish. I'll buy the houses after it does. I already started earning animal cards towards the anteaters by filling zoo orders.

I don't mind the extra glittery effects.

I like the improved chat with moveable cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by Me Me Big Boy View Post
    Kindle player here.

Got the update yesterday.

Dare I say that I am happy with the update? I bought the pool hall, and I'm just waiting for construction to finish. I'll buy the houses after it does. I already started earning animal cards towards the anteaters by filling zoo orders.

I don't mind the extra glittery effects.

I like the improved chat with moveable cursor.
    Have you noticed a difference in the game's reaction time? (I am on a kindle too). I am noticing my game is much slower. I really have to specifically tap to clear factory shelves. Before I could just quickly swipe. And I often have a long black screen lag going from town to town (several seconds long). I don't care about the glittery effects one way or the other ... as long as they don't make my game run slower.

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Update is fine, I don't like the countdown at the event calendar & the delay when collecting at factory is annoying. The sparkles are fun & the inappropriate break dancer getting a character is funny after we talked about him!

I have noticed the lag! I thought maybe it was just my game. And I did especially note that I have to individually tap each product to collect from factory shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    Update is fine, I don't like the countdown at the event calendar & the delay when collecting at factory is annoying. The sparkles are fun & the inappropriate break dancer getting a character is funny after we talked about him!
    I don't care for the sparkles either. Pointless animations just eat more memory and make it harder for our devices to handle the game.

I also don't like how quickly the previous event results are disappearing now. We used to be able to see those by tapping on the event area almost until the start of the next event. I can see them wanting to give us the advance info on how the next event will work, but they could wait another day or two and still be well ahead of the next event. Honestly though, these little event graphics are always so vague as to be meaningless, so really, they are pretty pointless.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 08-29-2019 at 02:00 AM.

Ugh, why are the trees on undeveloped land yellow after the update? I was strategic with my expansions so some areas could stay natural and blend in but they’re ugly now!