Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing Not To Join A Co-op

Choosing Not To Join A Co-op

Has anyone else gone this route? I've had bad experiences with other in-game versions of a co-op, so when I started Township, I made a conscious decision not to join one. I've been happily playing for several months now and don't seem to be missing out; am I incorrect? Do the regattas and co-op help add that much to the game or do the in-group dynamics reduce the benefit?

Hello BJK14

Well...that really is up to the individual. I was a solo racer for a while and now have a co-op and I like it. I have a wonderful team (no...not bias...at all...), that are helpful and fun. We can be chatty or in stealth mode.

If your not too social or just don't want to be...solo is a nice option. Benefit of being in a co-op is the in-game chat help.

Tasks...well...solo...you get to pick and choose at your heart's content. Team...you may be limited on what tasks you can can snag.

Solo: you da boss!
    Team: you can be the leader and set the rules or join a co-op and follow their guidelines.

Yacht Club: You earn tokens by completing tasks for this area. Some people love the decorations and save for those or others might buy the occasional wanted/needed booster. There can also be building materials and smelted ore bricks.
    A lot of different items offered in each regatta season, some are decent others can do without.

Final weekly rewards: this is where regatta can come in handy. Sometimes the rewards are decent and other times not so much.

So...again...just falls back to what you want out of a co-op and how you want to race.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 08-23-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    ... I've been happily playing for several months now and don't seem to be missing out; ..
    just to clarify: you don't even have a solo coop? so you don't race and can't get the deco from the Yacht Club?
    or did you mean just not joining someone else's?
    and if you have a Coop, it is closed and you didn't think about finding rules / agreements for anyone to join yours?

Too many variables in the Coop set up and possibilities to answer your question, IMO - f.e. how many players you'd have/find /meet, and which rules are there (for the race, the language, the chat per se, etc) - the less for "everyone".

I played 55 levels solo, no co-op, no requesting help.
    It is quite possible to play this way if you so choose.

Since joining a co-op I have learnt more about the game, some of the knowledge shared in the forums, other tips not shared.

Ultimately it's your game and your choice on how you play.
    Snow's Town
    Snowland
    #SN6NW4

I'm at level 40 and I've not joined a co-op, either.

I am not a very social person, and, frankly, I would feel stressed if others were depending on me producing something. If I spend a day or two away from the game, it's no one's problem but my own.

That said, you mentioned "not even a solo" co-op? What are the advantages to have a solo one - besides decorations, in which I have no interest? Is the only benefit the ability to participate in the regatta?

TIA,

Phillyloo

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyloo View Post
    [...]

That said, you mentioned "not even a solo" co-op? What are the advantages to have a solo one - besides decorations, in which I have no interest? Is the only benefit the ability to participate in the regatta?
    The items you can buy in the Yacht Club - not only decorations, but also other items, such as boosters you can't normally get in the lab with gems, tools, ingots, etc - are not the only benefit of participating in the regatta. If you do race, you get additional rewards such as t-cash, ingots, barn tools, mining tools, etc.
    In all fairness, the rewards are not that amazing, but you can try racing solo just to see how it is, maybe you'll find that the regatta in itself it's something you enjoy.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

I can't see any down side to forming your own solo coop vs just playing with no coop. Does it cost something?

Until getting your responses here I didn't know a solo co-op was an option. Thanks to all who suggested/mentioned it.

ETA: I did just form a solo co-op, it did cost me 1000 in coins but I considered worth it.
    Last edited by BJK14; 08-23-2019 at 02:36 AM.

I am not a very social person, and, frankly, I would feel stressed if others were depending on me producing something. If I spend a day or two away from the game, it's no one's problem but my own.
    It doesn't have to be anyone's problem, just to mention it, if you find a fitting Coop (if you looked for one). If you look in the Coop ads, you'll find some that ask f.e. for only 1 login per week, or no chats or no thank-you's, just a number of helps, some are competitive - or the contrary and emphasize "relaxed". Also, one can formulate one's expectations in the Player ads and see what happens.
    Also, no one is really "dependant" on you, not your products nor your help. In a regatta, they will lose points and positions, IF you claim to race, but don't (both easily remedied, soon <slightly evil grin>), but it is more a matter of attitude - maybe: teamwork instead of deciding everything alone, yes. So, if you don't feel like talking with strangers n/p either. Just stay open to your wishes changing, maybe, sometime

That said, you mentioned "not even a solo" co-op? What are the advantages to have a solo one - besides decorations, in which I have no interest? Is the only benefit the ability to participate in the regatta? ...
    dread has given you an excellent and full overview of the advantages. Frankly, it didn't even occur to me, when the Coops and then Regattas were released, NOT to test them. am too curious!
    I was in 2 big Coops and then built one solo. I wanted to see what I can do as leader, play around with the settings and the icons etc. When you know that, you also understand every leader better, should you decide to join somewhere.

Also, I noticed, due to timezones and ppl not always being considerate or thoughtful, I didn't sometimes/often/always get the tasks I wanted or could do, so I wanted to try that out with more calmness "around". In my solo coop, I then noticed indeed, I get rewards for doing "tasks" I do anyway! I also could try out, whether I could or wanted to do tasks I thought I didn't like or couldn't do. Some I still don't like, lol, but: All freedom

The racing, the competition, and whether you want to raise in leagues from wooden to golden is an added entertainment then, IMO. I like the silver league, task-amount- and time-wise, but often get competitive then just because, lol.
    I - or you - choose to participate in that, or not.

Besides, I was lucky to find a Coop partner, who is an excellent fit to my way of playing (which I didn't even think about; it just turned out that way), and with whom I can hardly ever lose *g* This is what I meant above with: the Coop experience changes with the amount of members. 2 or 5 or 10 or 20 OR 30 (which I only know from the ads and their expectations) does make a difference.
    (as mentioned there also: also the timezones and f.e. the agreements about amount of chat, your role in it! etc)

I am a deco fan, so I want to have the choices of the Yacht Club. Plus what dread said about the extras there - hey, the two B: boosters & (a little) barn mats even!

Disadvantages:
    • It costs 1k coins every time you build a Coop. (workaround = have someone babysit your Coop - or pay the coins. There's worse in this game)
    • I doubt you would look after this, but the solo Coop's history is lost, when you leave, cos it vanishes. (workaround = have someone babysit your Coop)
    • In a solo Coop, you can't profit from the coop request feature. No workaround for that.
    • For some deco and stuff in the YC, you have to be in leagues higher than wooden. (workaround = visit a neighbour in a GL Coop on a Monday - while someone babysits your Coop you can f.e. switch with a trusted friend from that Gold League Coop) (or get to Gold League! lol)
    • In a solo coop, or with less than 4 members, you can't get all final reward chests (9 in golden) in the Seasonal regatta. I lived with what I got

H

Hope this helps I would welcome everything that brings variety and the possibility of entertainment to the game.
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-23-2019 at 10:05 AM. Reason: almost forgot one minus :)

I am creating a co-op for those who want to play solo, but with the benefit of having group members to help them with filling their trains and planes and help with zoo.
    If interested then let me know via Facebook, if you are on there, or leave a message on here.

I will be naming it. Soloplayersinagroup

My ID on Township is LenisePage New Town