Thread: Regatta Permission

Regatta Permission

What I wanted to suggest is to allowing leader and co-leader to choose which member(elder, member, co-leader) can delete task in regatta, and make the permission separately from from reservation

Hello Tony This has been submitted several times here in the forum.

First question: Do you mean dumping of a task before it has been taken or while someone has the task?
    Second question: Are you asking for it to be set to where leaders and co-leaders can pick and choose different individuals within the team regardless of level?

Dumping of tasks:
    That is already in place, you can view that here.

Then of course reservations can been viewed here.

Another helpful place full information on regattas can be seen here.

And if those didn't help...please post again and someone much wiser than myself will respond.

Happy gaming!
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Sorry for not being clear about it, what I mean it for allowing leader or co-leader to be able to manage more on what Elders and Members can do.
    For example:
    - Add/Accept/Deny join request
    -Dumping tasks in Regatta
    -Manage chat
    -Making reservation (which in Coop, we allow only elders to do that, but we dont want elders to be able to dumping tasks)
    -Maybe who can see the Regatta statistic

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wolf View Post
    Sorry for not being clear about it, what I mean it for allowing leader or co-leader to be able to manage more on what Elders and Members can do. ...
    hi Tony,

I would still like to know your reasons (for each). Cos the role of Elder is exactly for being able to dump tasks from the board, which members can't.
    (Elders can't delete *in Interseasonal* chests that have been started, either, just for completion.)
    So, don't give them Elder status -?

Co-leaders can do everything as the leader, except kicking the leader. So they can already do most of what you listed as examples, if not all.
    Questions are still:
    • what is "managing Chat"?
    • pls, no filigree differences for seeing the stats - or give a VERY good reason. Hey, that's a TEAM! why restrict anyone from INFO?

There are option for elders and above to make reservation, which is why we want elder can make reservation but not dumoing task
    About managing chat, u should read the article about roles in coop yourself
    Reasonning for wanting to hide info or not depend on the Coop policy, if you dont like people give out problem to be solving, u shouldn't be in this forum

There are option for elders and above to make reservation, which is why we want elder can make reservation but not dumoing task
    About managing chat, u should read the article about roles in coop yourself
    Reasonning for wanting to hide info or not depend on the Coop policy, if you dont like people give out problem to be solving, u shouldn't be in this forum
    oh good grief, LOL - if you can't stand explaining your ideas, you shouldn't put them out in the open in a forum, where other players are allowed to ask questions.

I think the op makes a good point. We promoted coop members to co leader mainly so they can dump partial chests during IS regattas.

I was somewhat alarmed to see this also gave me authority to boot a member or change someone's racing status. I can see the need for at least one co-leader for the group management functions, but maybe the task management authorities would be better separated from the member management for a lot of coops. Currently there is no way to give one without the other.

Maybe they could add more task and chest management abilities to elders or maybe there is a need for a new, intermediate level.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 08-23-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Sorry for not being clear about it, what I mean it for allowing leader or co-leader to be able to manage more on what Elders and Members can do.
    For example:
    - Add/Accept/Deny join request
    -Dumping tasks in Regatta
    -Manage chat
    -Making reservation (which in Coop, we allow only elders to do that, but we dont want elders to be able to dumping tasks)
    -Maybe who can see the Regatta statistic
    Ok...think I understand what you are trying to convey. So something like when you tap on a member's name and an options menu pops up whereby you can select what permissions that individual could be allowed: such as is in your list there.

I can see that as an option. Be a bit of work on the developers side to come up with that...but they did add restrict from regatta! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Maybe they could add more task and chest management abilities to elders or maybe there is a need for a new, intermediate level.
    I know I suggested that somewhere...just can't remember where...lol

Think this is what I had:

- Member: can do nothing
    - Elder: can dump/reserve
    - Senior: can dump/reserve, invite
    - Co-Leader: same
    - Leader: same

Something like that...
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 08-23-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton