Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15.08.19 Tropical Blends Event

15.08.19 Tropical Blends Event

The Tropical Blends Event has begun again!

The most fun way to get your 5 a day! Mind your fingers of those knives, folks
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-19-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Tropical Blends event scoring

Not sure if this post in the correct area, but please move if not.

I like the event, it’s pretty easy for me, but I wish they wouldn’t have changed on how we compete against others. Meaning, I wish they would have left the scoring the same as last time we had this event.

I liked it a lot better when the score you earn is what counted for competing against others. It was more of a challenge that way.
    The more fruit you sliced at once gives you more points.
    Now it’s just “make as many smoothies as you can”

I’m not complaining, just wishing they wouldn’t have changed it.

I thought about putting post in wish. But still wasn’t sure.
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-16-2019 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Added more specific title ;)

In any case it would be good, if you mentioned in the title and the intro sentence which event you are talking about.
    (not all OS/platforms have the same) It will also be better for when someone reads this thread later only.
    At the moment, I have to go to the 3rd paragraph in the OP, before it becomes clear(er).

i don't remember whether the scoring was differently last time... I just thought earlier today that I
    find the event fine, cos it isn't so stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    In any case it would be good, if you mentioned in the title and the intro sentence which event you are talking about.
    (not all OS/platforms have the same) It will also be better for when someone reads this thread later only.
    At the moment, I have to go to the 3rd paragraph in the OP, before it becomes clear(er).

i don't remember whether the scoring was differently last time... I just thought earlier today that I
    Frosty‘s right, last time your score for the personal goals was also your score in the tournament. This time the scored points are only for the personal goals, whereas for the tournament the smoothies are added up.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

Cool, cool.

Next time I will post more info about what I’m talking about. I kinda forgot that the different servers are not playing the same thing.

Thanks for the reply thou.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyGhost View Post
    Cool, cool.

Next time I will post more info about what I’m talking about. I kinda forgot that the different servers are not playing the same thing.

Thanks for the reply thou.
    I've edited the thread title to be a bit more specific for you, Frosty. It's not just about the various platforms having different event timetables, though, as DD says - in general, informative thread titles help people scanning the New Posts or Activity Stream decide what they're interested in reading up front, but more crucially they mean future searches of similar topics will see your thread pop up as a result. That means readers find the info they came in seeking immediately, rather than them posting and then waiting for replies. That makes unnecessary duplicate threads less likely, too - duplicates mean readers get a gazillion search hits on the same topic and Mods have to notice/merge/redirect/edit them all as well. So that's not ideal.

In other words, it's a good habit to get into, but you're allowed to take a minute to develop it
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-16-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Frosty‘s right, last time your score for the personal goals was also your score in the tournament. This time the scored points are only for the personal goals, whereas for the tournament the smoothies are added up.
    Thanks Z I seldom pay attention to that. But the scoring for the personal goals (getting stars or so) is always* different from what I need for the competition (here smoothies), no?
    * or rather "usually" then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    ..interested in reading up front, but more crucially they mean future searches of similar topics will see your thread pop up as a result. ...
    Exactly. Excellent explanation (the whole post), and thanks also for the title change, Bess!

In other words, it's a good habit to get into, but you're allowed to take a minute to develop it
    LOL

you're welcome, FrostyGhost, JIC that thanks was serious.
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-16-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Playrix's new event scoring methods really are depressing. They have managed to suck the fun and skill out of events once again!

If you don't pay tcash to continue, you don't receive credit for all smoothies completed.

Guess, someone needed to fund the development for new game...
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 173
    Castaway Co op
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

Scorekeeper, I got credit for the smoothies I finished if i used all my knives before finishing the five. So if I died at 3 finished, I got credit for those three. Haven't put out 1 Tc yet and am in 1st so far . . . .