Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unable to log into game. As it is saying the game is running on another device

My town now looks like this after this intruder appeared.

Cash gone, most buildings and collectables gone.

Town size now 7240

1.jpg

2.jpg

I doubt this recoverable. And I doubt I have the will or interest to continue the fight.

IF Playrix Support actually existed as a proper functioning entity, they could have isolated my game 5 days ago, with no damage done.

The real damage occurred in the past two days. Obviously this hacker read my support conversations, the real damage came after the last Playrix Support message, which acknowledged that there was an issue.

This hacker also attempted to join the new coop in past 12 hours, fortunately members were wise to block it.
    Last edited by leo1200; 08-21-2019 at 10:34 PM.

ETA: The screenshots are there now, thanks!

====
    The "afterwards"-images are not visible, leo (invalid attachment).
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-21-2019 at 11:22 PM.

I can't see the pictures of how your town looks now Leo, it comes up invalid. However what you describe is complete destruction. This must be absolutely devastating for you. The pictures of how your town looked before the intruder are beautiful.

There are some very cruel people in the world. To take pleasure from tearing someone else's creation, built over a number of years to shreds!

Playrix really need to listen and act over this issue. This problem is not going to resolve itself....AND it's not the players/victims fault.

The "after" pics weren't visible to me either, but they seem to have miraculously reappeared now.

Does the hacker change the town name or leave any clue as to their language or nationality? (Don't give the name here as it will possibly/probably be edited out)

I would be tempted to clear a large area of land and write something like "UR A SAD LOSER" in sand or snow!!

Just a note - Playrix does very occasionally admit that something went wrong (though they stop a long way short of admitting their security is rubbish) as in the final post in this thread :

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ghlight=Miller

I don't know what happened to Míc's town in the end, but I have seen it since then on a couple of event leaderboards so it seems he continued playing and got rid of the hacker. Whether Playrix helped do that and restored some of his town, or whether he did it himself just through sheer persistence I have no idea.

JJay. I believe it to a Russian, only because the flags are changed to Russian each time he enters (as I check changing it back), but who knows? Early in the piece they were Israeli. I suspect it could well be a disgruntled Playrix developer that has knowledge of how to hack in. Also suspect there are far more victims than me at the current time, but don't have the means to communicate to a forum like this one.

The only time "we chatted" was when the hacker a created a new coop and called it "Destroying this Co-Op" and posted See Ya. Then closed the coop down again.

I opened a coop to attempt to "chat" but next check of game found he had deleted that coop.

My barn was shy of 7000. wouldn't some players love that

I was leading the Tropical Fruit event by 100, but I have given up on that, as I suspect this peanut of a hacker will simply make a miss and restart the consecutive sequence from scratch just before the event ends.

Anyway in this day and age, i would be surprised that any organisation cannot roll back to a back up from a previous point in time. Whether Playrix wants to do this for one individual player is yet to be seen. But I am certainly not holding my breath, based on their past track record.
    Last edited by leo1200; 08-22-2019 at 12:43 AM.

Hi Leo
    Glad to see that you have the opportunity to share your struggles with us and in this way get some support from the members of this Forum.
    Your situation (and everyone else's that got an uninvited guest in their Town) ensures isolation and an unequal battle against not only the intruder.
    Even if the full-name and Nationality of the intruder is known it has been impossible so far to block this intruder's access to the game.

In a recent case the victim has taken a month off in the battle for his two-year-old Town and started a baby Town.
    The hacker of his Town has adopted a female avatar and player name. What is he up to?
    At the moment I can't follow the hacked Town because of the FB connection that switched to the Baby Town this week.
    That made it vanish from my Friendslist.
    From time to time I try to share this process with the interested people overhere so fingers crossed this thread is still open when I got any news in near future...

For what it's worth: hold on!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 109/Android

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    The "after" pics weren't visible to me either, but they seem to have miraculously reappeared now.

Does the hacker change the town name or leave any clue as to their language or nationality? (Don't give the name here as it will possibly/probably be edited out)

I would be tempted to clear a large area of land and write something like "UR A SAD LOSER" in sand or snow!!

Just a note - Playrix does very occasionally admit that something went wrong (though they stop a long way short of admitting their security is rubbish) as in the final post in this thread :

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ghlight=Miller

I don't know what happened to Míc's town in the end, but I have seen it since then on a couple of event leaderboards so it seems he continued playing and got rid of the hacker. Whether Playrix helped do that and restored some of his town, or whether he did it himself just through sheer persistence I have no idea.
    Hey JJay,

Playrix did a "fix" and I have been playing contently. I am a survivor of my gremlin. I wish the same for all those victimized by hackers and Playrix' security hole(s). Bit of advice: "Screenshoot early and often." You never know when you will need a map to find your way back home.

Míc
    Míc Miller, ZAJDC4, t235:192+4, z196, iPad.
    Optimal Prime of The Beeline II co-op ~ the original "ultimate rules" township.

Quote Originally Posted by Míc Miller View Post
    Hey JJay,

Playrix did a "fix" and I have been playing contently. I am a survivor of my gremlin. I wish the same for all those victimized by hackers and Playrix' security hole(s). Bit of advice: "Screenshoot early and often." You never know when you will need a map to find your way back home.

Míc
    Mic, I read your story. How did they fix it? Did they roll back you to a previous time before the intruder arrived?

Hi Leo,

Very sorry to hear about your township. I do not know what Playrix had to do to lock out my gremlin. Since I had time to screenshoot everything before "godzilla" went thermonuclear, I was able to rebuild except for the decos he sold (still missing the Giant Watermelon). Like you, I lost my co-op and friends, but I have started again and almost all of my friends have returned. Now it is better than ever with new and old friends.

It is a terrible happening when your township is invaded, unfriended, teased, taunted, altered, spent, and wiped clean. I chose to fight my cyberbully. I hope you will do the same and rebuild after you get Playrix to lock them out.

Good luck!

Míc
    Míc Miller, ZAJDC4, t235:192+4, z196, iPad.
    Optimal Prime of The Beeline II co-op ~ the original "ultimate rules" township.

Quote Originally Posted by Míc Miller View Post
    Hi Leo,

Very sorry to hear about your township. I do not know what Playrix had to do to lock out my gremlin. Since I had time to screenshoot everything before "godzilla" went thermonuclear, I was able to rebuild except for the decos he sold (still missing the Giant Watermelon). Like you, I lost my co-op and friends, but I have started again and almost all of my friends have returned. Now it is better than ever with new and old friends.

It is a terrible happening when your township is invaded, unfriended, teased, taunted, altered, spent, and wiped clean. I chose to fight my cyberbully. I hope you will do the same and rebuild after you get Playrix to lock them out.

Good luck!

Míc
    Did Playrix compensate your tcash? As I have lost 4518 to this knucklehead.

I will not rebuild, too much damage to my town and any trust of Playrix. This could have been avoided if they had proper support. Even if they reacted 72 hours later and acted upon isolating my town by kicking all connections off.

Either they restore my town or simply shut it down, if they cannot be bothered in doing that. No organisation with significant IT infrastructure operate without fail safe back up. However the longer they take, the harder it be to achieve my wish.
    Last edited by leo1200; 08-22-2019 at 05:28 AM.