Thread: Zoo Transition

Zoo Transition

I play on windows and we still have the old zoo, but eventually (I am guessing January 2020) we will get the new one. Can someone tell me if we get anything for the purple gems? I know they disappear, but I thought maybe we are getting something for them. You know, like at the end of an event we are getting coins for the temporary items. Both goods and tools (like painted blocks, lures, fuel).

But what I would really like to know is what happens if I build a bunch of enclosures and don't buy a single animal. Then the update rolls out and we get the new zoo. Does the game consider those enclosures completed? Cause I know you need materials AND cards to complete an enclosure in the new zoo, but now I can just build them and not spend any gems and maybe get away with it? Or if I only buy the adults? I am not even sure if this happened to anyone...

Purple gems: I feel like we got their equivalent in other gems, and maybe some cash?

Enclosures: in the new zoo, you can build whatever enclosure you like, and just let it sit there. It costs coin to buy, and construction materials (bricks, glass, slabs) to complete.
    To get the animals, you collect animal cards (30 each per parent, 15 for one baby, 10 for the other). As soon as any animal has all the required cards, you can place it in its enclosure (assuming you’ve built it). There is no more breeding, no more gem costs (unless you want to buy the card offered in the zoo shop for that day), and you can acquire babies before parents.

Whatever you have in your zoo at the time of updating will remain in your zoo. So, if you want to build all your enclosures now, and get as many animals as you can, that’s up to you, they’ll all transfer over.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Purple gems: I feel like we got their equivalent in other gems, and maybe some cash?

Enclosures: in the new zoo, you can build whatever enclosure you like, and just let it sit there. It costs coin to buy, and construction materials (bricks, glass, slabs) to complete.
    To get the animals, you collect animal cards (30 each per parent, 15 for one baby, 10 for the other). As soon as any animal has all the required cards, you can place it in its enclosure (assuming you’ve built it). There is no more breeding, no more gem costs (unless you want to buy the card offered in the zoo shop for that day), and you can acquire babies before parents.

Whatever you have in your zoo at the time of updating will remain in your zoo. So, if you want to build all your enclosures now, and get as many animals as you can, that’s up to you, they’ll all transfer over.
    Thank you!

That's good news about the amethyst.

So that means I can build as many enclosures as I want now and when the new zoo comes, I just collect the cards. For some reason i thought you can't build enclosures without having all the cards for the whole family. I know the quantities are outrageous, but I would rather collect cards later, so I can spend my gems for something else. I would run "efficient smelting" for weeks if I would have that many gems.