Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Likes or not to like

Likes or not to like

At the risk of sounding needy; I have 48 friends - I don't do Facebook or any other social media sites - but I only have 12 likes. Could somebody please check out my town - Townshipplains - friend code PQR675 -using Windows - and give me feedback as to why very few people like what I have done? This is the first on-line game I have ever played. I am 60+ years old and generally not considered tech savvy. Not playing the "poor me" card; just stating the obvious. It's taken me days to get to the point where I was able to write this message Thanks!
    Last edited by Oma13; 08-16-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Hi Oma!

Tap/click this link for a discussion on the same subject that you might find interesting

You'll need to give us your platform (windows or mac or iOS/Android/Amazon), plus your coop code (found in your coop building) and your town name for us to be able to find you to visit and drop you a like.

For a simple guide on how to edit your original post to include that info, follow this link.

Quote Originally Posted by Oma13 View Post
    At the risk of sounding needy; I have 48 friends - I don't do Facebook or any other social media sites - but I only have 12 likes. Could somebody please check out my town - Townshipplains - and give me feedback as to why very few people like what I have done?
    It will be easier to find your town, if you provide your Coop tag. It's in the Coop window, there top right, and starts with a # (to differentiate it from friend codes).Cos we can't find you by town name alone, and
    just to mention it also: with your friend code only, if we can still add friends. And if the friends list is full, with the only 50 ingame friends and no Facebook, a visit via friends code is not possible anymore.

Pls, also mention which operating system your device uses (IOS, Android, Kindle, Mac, Windows). We can only visit towns with "the same" OS as our device.

Also - how do people have hundreds of likes when from what I can see there are not hundreds of people playing?
    am curious, where does your impression come from? (not hundreds of ppl)
    The assumption I saw before is that millions of people play it. This game and every other game like this.

btw, did you see my reply to your other post in the Introduce yourself-thread?
    just asking to make sure you know to look for such things
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-16-2019 at 08:09 PM. Reason: fastie again, Bess, eh ;)

I do not have or belong to a coop - so - no tag there. I joined one for a while but all I got were requests and nobody would ever respond to my help requests. Then I started one of my own but nobody joined, so, I deleted it. I sent requests to join others but did not receive any replies.
    I use Windows and my friend code is PQR675. The town name is Townshipplains.

As for thinking that the number of players is rather low - this is my first and only on line game ever. I was getting my assumption from things like leader boards and how many coops I found and things like that. Limited knowledge mixed with limited information lead to an incorrect assumption.

My ability to navigate programs, and lack of experience with on-line groups, limits my understanding - so - searching for information on this forum is a chalange. I'll figure it out eventually.

Thanks again for your help.

Oma,

I'm sure you have a lovely town. I can't visit as I'm on Android. I think a lot of people just don't think to 'like' towns. When they do 'like' them, it isn't necessarily because they like the way they are decorated but perhaps because they are friends or are thanking them for helping.

Not all co-ops are un-helpful but some are. Keep trying different co-ops or try the co-op ad section of this forum to see if any of them sound interesting that you would like to join.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Hi,

I liked your town, it's young but it's shaping up great!

If you're looking for an active co-op, you can either check this thread - Co-op Ads - and contact the people that listed Windows under "Platform" (those are the only co-ops you can join while playing on Windows), or post an ad for yourself in this thread - Player Ads - where you can describe what you're looking for in a co-op.

I hope you don't mind, i'll post some screenshots from your town, so the other forum members (which are not on Windows) can have a look too if they're interested (let me know if i should remove them).

IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Oma, I can't visit (different platforms) but I like the long water basin you've placed in the field, parallel to the airport. I can imagine the pilot ready to land and saying, "Oh, there's the basin, right behind the barn. I'll just line up the plane alongside it, and we'll be on the ground in a jiffy."

And all the people living in the yellow and red apartments across the bridge are probably pretty happy with their views of the woods. Some of them even get the advantage of river views as well.

Thanks, Dreadnought, for posting the pics.

My ability to navigate programs, and lack of experience with on-line groups, limits my understanding - so - searching for information on this forum is a chalange. I'll figure it out eventually. ...
    You're doing fine, Marian I see f.e. that you have edited your OP (original post) here, as Bess suggested - good. And I think the great descriptive replies here might bring you even better feedback than Likes ingame
    although I understand wanting to get them - after all, there's an achievement for them. Ingame.

So, one first important difference to learn is: this forum is about the game. But it is not connected to it
    - friends here are not ingame friends. Links here will send you to somewhere in the forum or on the Internet, nothing else (game-related). So - not to scare you! but just saying - you are learning about TWO new and different worlds.

To help you further, I have sent you a friend request HERE in the forum - as I play on Android, I can't meet you ingame, alas. Your town looks nice, from the pics dread posted (thx, dread! beautiful idea); I would have liked to give you a like

on with your forum tutorial The friends request HERE shows up as a number next to your name, somewhere top right of this window. Click on it and it should lead you to your inbox (I believe) for an "incoming friend request" - for.the.forum.
    Afterwards, if you accept it, you will be able to see your own posts in your profile under your name, as dreadnought described here, just read the post, not the whole thread (not forbidden, but not necessary)
    (click on link and open in new tab, to be able to return here):

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1381763

and my posts under "Friends" and for both of us under "All", there in your profile.

Also, I replied to your other post in the Introduction-thread with some more links for learning the ropes here. It might be more helpful there for you and for other newcomers, too, than here.
    HTH - hope this helps, and here is the thread about the abbreviations, lol.

As for thinking that the number of players is rather low - this is my first and only on line game ever. I was getting my assumption from things like leader boards and how many coops I found and things like that. Limited knowledge mixed with limited information lead to an incorrect assumption.
    n/p, and thx for the explanation that's understandable. But many such lists only go to 100 or 200; reason might be server space for such data OR the dev's assumption that we (the readers/players) might get bored at that point anyway. They'd be probably right *g*
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-17-2019 at 11:44 AM. Reason: added link to Introduction thread

I'm glad you like that. I did it to take up space - I'm a bit OCD and can't just not do something with something and I also thought " would'nt it be a great idea to have an irrigation pond", so , there it is. That you would mention it as being a good thing for a pilot - there must have been a latent thought hiding in my brain when I did this - I was married to a non-commercial pilot for 31 years - whic is why I did purposely set the airport like I did. I tried as best as I could to clear the mountains and keep the air space away from large housing areas. I also put the wild flowers there to mark the beginning and end of the runway. I'm trying for a "real" town but tailored to how I would want to live. I keep moving things around for better function as I am growing.

So - anyway - thanks for your encouragement and kind words.