Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Suggestions in Town Edit Mode

  1. #1

    Suggestions in Town Edit Mode

    I would like to suggest that if possible, to have a draft mode in town edit mode. It's kind of hard to re-arrange the town, specially when you're in higher level and the town becomes bigger (it is somehow time consuming). For me, I think it would help if we have a 'draft mode', where you can come back later to continue your town re-arrangements and review your design, and change it before saving it as final. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataleya View Post
    ... it would help if we have a 'draft mode', where you can come back later to continue your town re-arrangements and review your design, and change it before saving it as final. ...
    For the program, it would need saving in that case already, when you leave (even only Edit-mode) and want to come back later. And that for millions of players, possibly. That alone lets me doubt they can change that.

    Plus, they have decided they rather not let us put CBs and houses in storage, not even temporarily, cos that wouldn't work later (when saving) either. So, you arrange "temporarily" and put tons of stuff away, and then can't save that.... and then we'd have the complaints "but it worked earlier!" Actually, we have that thread already

  3. #3
    Would it help to take a screen shot in invisible mode for reference...

  4. #4
    Even more, I'd like to see a cancel without saving option. I'm always getting bright ideas and rearranging things only to decide I liked it better the way it was.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Even more, I'd like to see a cancel without saving option. I'm always getting bright ideas and rearranging things only to decide I liked it better the way it was.
    lol, I know that, too - but there is a red Cancel button right below the green Save button -? does that not put everything back as before?

  6. #6
    How hard would it be to be able to spin the buildings 360? I am slightly OCD and having the buildings not being able to face the street they are placed on kinda bugs me.

  7. #7
    Yes, the two rotations are limiting. Even more annoying, they don't actually even rotate sometimes. Square decos and zoo enclosures mostly just flip to mirror image.

    I'm thinking 4 rotations would require a lot more code and a lot more device resources. Haven't checked but I'd guess it's on the never gonna happen list.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    ... Haven't checked but I'd guess it's on the never gonna happen list.
    It is.

    How about an answer to my question to you above, M?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    lol, I know that, too - but there is a red Cancel button right below the green Save button -? does that not put everything back as before?
    There are the save and cancel buttons if we are working in the mode with the storage box graphic. If we are working in the mode using the button just left of the storage box where we just see building footprints (also labeled Edit Mode), those buttons aren't there. The changes seem to save as we make them.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 08-16-2019 at 08:04 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    There are the save and cancel buttons if we are working in the mode with the storage box graphic. If we are working in the mode using the button just left of the storage box where we just see building footprints (also labeled Edit Mode), ...
    ah I see - confusing then, the labelling - and I thought for such re-arranging you would also use the "big edit"- button; it seems more comfortable, exactly for the Cancel-possibility, and of course, the grouping of things.
    But it may also be, cos I use the other button - building footprints, yes, lol - for other things only, like looking for lost "things", or to position single things more precisely.

    Thanks for the clarification

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •