Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improving Request For Help!

Improving Request For Help!

It would be extremely help for all in a co-op if when a member request help that in the chat request it would show an icon with what it is that they are requesting and maybe a quantity but i would be happy with an icon.

I spend a lot of time bouncing in and out of others towns to determine what I can help with only to find that after visiting a few I forget what it is they are asking for. This proves to be more often true when checking my market place to see if I can buy what they need.

That's confused me (easy, I know) I race solo, but if I remember correctly...when a member requests help, isn't there a picture of the item next to the quantity bar?

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    That's confused me (easy, I know) I race solo, but if I remember correctly...when a member requests help, isn't there a picture of the item next to the quantity bar?
    We don't get a picture in the chat notice when a coop member requests help. It just shows the player and a green box saying "My town needs help." We have to go to their town to see what they want. I guess a coop could ask its members to also post their need in words, but adding a graphic to the notice box would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Yes when requesting products with the 'begging button'. Not when needing help with plane/train/zoo

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    .... It just shows the player and a green box saying "My town needs help." ...
    oh IC - another wording thing. Like hbv, I understood the OP as "requesting help in chat" (literally - i.e. from the Coop only). That is possible, different from flagging something in the town (for getting help there), which is with a different display in the Coop Chat window than the help request in/for the Coop "alone", lol - and it shows indeed what I am asking for and how much.

so the OP seems to ask, when a Coop member is flagging sthg in town, that it is shown with more info in the Coop chat (than f.e. on the request help tab)? Sounds rather "filigree" to me, as in not easy to program (amount of change wise).
    It has been asked before already, that the Request Help tab shows more info about requested items and their amount. It has also been asked that we see immediately (by colo(u)r or numbers) whether we have these items.
    In barn. or on the fields. or on the factory shelves...
    No reaction to that yet. The rule of thumb seems to be: nothing is added that makes the game "easier" or faster for us. They want us to be and stay in the game, go from A to B repeatedly, forget what we wanted there by distracting us with other tasks, so we stay in the game... and then, maybe, buy what we wanted, to get it out of the way. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-16-2019 at 11:01 AM. Reason: or, in short, what Jay said. lol

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    The rule of thumb seems to be: nothing is added that makes the game "easier" or faster for us. They want us to be and stay in the game, go from A to B repeatedly, forget what we wanted there by distracting us with other tasks, so we stay in the game... and then, maybe, buy what we wanted, to get it out of the way. Just my opinion.
    I believe you're thinking about this in the wrong way. This isn't an add to make the game easier in the sense that it changes game play. It would be an improvement to the flow of game play. The way I see it the would be keep people playing longer. Let me brake it down. As the leader in my co-op I'm constintly removing people that request for help but don't reciprocate. I have asked several of these people why they don't help others when they ask for help and the most common answer is that it's a pain in the rear. Thats what got me to think about this. You see if it's more convenient to help others they wouldn't be bouncing from co-op to co-op as most active co-op leaders will do the same thing. Eventually loosing interest in the game and quitting.

Some of the best co-ops are those who have a high count of active members who participate in all functions of the co-op. In my experience these co-ops have members that play the game longer and more frequently leading to more micro purchases etc..

The idea that it would involve a lot of coding seems unreasonable at best being that the code all ready exists when a member requests items in chat where it does show the item and quantity. Now I know this is not the same but the base code for the idea exists.

I'm new at this whole game playing thing - this is my first ever on line game - I joined a coop and was more than happy to help but not knowing what they want seemed kinda counterproductive. I was message them back and ask what they wanted but get no reply - so - I never was able to help. I did'n know there was a way to look at their town and find out. Anyway - i am at this time coopless but if I ever get to join another one - knowing what to give them at the time of the request would just make sense - at least to me.
    As a side note - I sometimes sent messages telling people I had overstock on an item and ask if anybody wanted to trade. Is that a good idea and is it even possible? Selling off extra stuff is great for the bank but sometimes trading seems like a win-win too. Or, maybe I still have a lot to learn and don't have a clue what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
    I believe you're thinking about this in the wrong way. ...
    and I believe you're not aware that you can't tell someone their opinion is "wrong", the less to open a discussion, or to convince someone? lol - Mine comes from experience, too, btw. But I will not try further to describe it for you. Good luck!

As the leader in my co-op I'm constintly removing people that request for help but don't reciprocate. I have asked several of these people why they don't help others when they ask for help and the most common answer is that it's a pain in the rear.
    Sorry but if players find it too bothersome to visit a town to see if they can help a fellow co-op member maybe kicking them is best for everyone. And maybe the reason players like this bounce from co-op to co-op is that nobody wants players in their co-op who can't be bothered to go to someone else's town to see what they need help with.

Also on the surface this does sound like it would make things easier but would it really help that much? in my co-op if a request comes up in chat, if I stop to look in my barn before I go to the town someone else would have filled the request anyway. So if I did have the item in stock I would probably miss the chance to help and waste more time anyway.

.. As the leader in my co-op I'm constintly removing people that request for help but don't reciprocate. I have asked several of these people why they don't help others when they ask for help and the most common answer is that it's a pain in the rear...
    Hmm, that might be what they're saying to you, but I don't believe it's the true reason, since most of us are managing to help each other just fine as things stand. I also don't believe helping is the main reason people bounce between coops - in my experience that's more usually a question of regatta style and/or social compatibility. That perspective is backed-up by the majority of coop ads emphasising those things, with far less weight (if any at all) given to help stats.

You're free to wish for whatever you like, obviously, but forums are for discussion with other players so if you post here folks will assume you're open to conversation. If you're not, and you just want Playrix to hear your opinion, it's probably best to send your ideas in to CS from within your game instead.