Thread: Accepting members into our co-op. Weird.

Accepting members into our co-op. Weird.

10 of us left our other co-op because the leader quit playing. I posted here inviting new members. Today I was so pleased to see that 2 players had asked to join us. Our co-op is set to request. I accepted them, but they aren't showing in our co-op list. They haven't replied to the welcome in chat. Can players make several requests to different co-ops and then cherry pick the ones who accept them?

Yes a player can request to join several co-ops and which ever co-op accepts them first overrides all the other requests. Unless there was a server sync delay/issue or you accepted them just as another co-op was accepting them, you should have got a message stating something like 'they could not be added to the co-op'.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Splendor View Post
    10 of us left our other co-op because the leader quit playing. I posted here inviting new members. Today I was so pleased to see that 2 players had asked to join us. Our co-op is set to request. I accepted them, but they aren't showing in our co-op list. They haven't replied to the welcome in chat. Can players make several requests to different co-ops and then cherry pick the ones who accept them?
    Yes, the can make many request but they don't get to cherry pick, the first to accept them gets them. Of course they are welcome to leave immediately but why put out the request in the first place.

If you try to accept them but they are already in another co-op, you should see a message saying so but it is a temporary message in white letters floating up the screen, nothing permanent in the chat. If the request simply disappears from your chat when you hit accept it is most likely they were in another co-op.

We call this spraying of join requests "The Shotgun Approach"

Jinx: Note Collision

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Yes, the can make many request but they don't get to cherry pick, the first to accept them gets them. Of course they are welcome to leave immediately but why put out the request in the first place.

If you try to accept them but they are already in another co-op, you should see a message saying so but it is a temporary message in white letters floating up the screen, nothing permanent in the chat. If the request simply disappears from your chat when you hit accept it is most likely they were in another co-op.

We call this spraying of join requests "The Shotgun Approach"

Jinx: Note Collision
    I clicked accept and no floating message came up for either one. I looked back at the chat and went to their town and neither is in a co-op. If I clicked accept wouldn't they have to leave? No message saying that either. Strange!!

Thanks. I clicked accept and no floating message came up for either one. They still aren't in a co-op.

I clicked accept and no floating message came up for either one. I looked back at the chat and went to their town and neither is in a co-op. If I clicked accept wouldn't they have to leave? No message saying that either. Strange!!
    What I described is the only circumstances that I've seen where the join request simply disappears from the chat with no traces. Anything else is outside my experiences. Sorry I cannot be more help, maybe others have more / different cases.

Thanks. I clicked accept and no floating message came up for either one. They still aren't in a co-op.
    Not sure but I think the other player is not online to join your co-op. He will see your acceptance next time he open his game. Accepting a player do not "bring" him into your co-op. The player has still to click on "join". I have seen situation where it took hours for the player to finally join our co-op.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 204, Zoo 194 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Not sure but I think the other player is not online to join your co-op. He will see your acceptance next time he open his game. Accepting a player do not "bring" him into your co-op. The player has still to click on "join". I have seen situation where it took hours for the player to finally join our co-op.
    Well, if they are not in any co-op to begin with and you click accept, then the chat message should at least say it was accepted (or rejected) by whom. So the original chat slot should still be there, modified to reflect the fact that somebody clicked on one of the buttons. I don't know what happens if you immediately visit their town though. I wasn't aware that they might have to hit "join" twice, once to issue the original request and once after accepted, that seems overly clicky to me.

The only case I know of where the join request completely vanishes is what I outlined above, they were in another co-op when you hit accept. And no, accepting someone who's already in another co-op does not magically switch them to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Well, if they are not in any co-op to begin with and you click accept, then the chat message should at least say it was accepted (or rejected) by whom. So the original chat slot should still be there, modified to reflect the fact that somebody clicked on one of the buttons. I don't know what happens if you immediately visit their town though. I wasn't aware that they might have to hit "join" twice, once to issue the original request and once after accepted, that seems overly clicky to me.

The only case I know of where the join request completely vanishes is what I outlined above, they were in another co-op when you hit accept. And no, accepting someone who's already in another co-op does not magically switch them to yours.
    I could be totally wrong too. That is how I understood things but I haven't investigate it either.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 204, Zoo 194 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    I could be totally wrong too. That is how I understood things but I haven't investigate it either.
    I too could be wrong, it's been over 3 years since I last joined a co-op. I barely remember my breakfast