Hello,
    I can’t get my houses in reserve

The "save" button does not change to green to save the changes

Can you help me?

Thank you
    :confused:
    townchou
    I’m not on facebook
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-15-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Hi Townchou, you can't save your changes while houses are in storage in edit mode.

One of the major issues with edit mode you have to move everything back out, except decorations, before you can save meaning you have to do your whole redesign in one go.

Hi Ashdust,
    thank you
    I’m trying right now

Cannot put Houses or Community buildings in storage

Hello, I have a mess of buildings and have wanted to start making my town pretty for a bit now. However, I cannot get any buildings, especially Houses, in storage so I can work on it. I have followed the in game tutorial, but it never gives me the option to Save. Always if grayed out. Any help?

Yes, you can only put decos in storage with saving. When I re-arranged my town, I did the following: put everything in storage, leave deco there, but get CBs and houses out again, put "somewhere" in blocks to get free space in your town. Then save.

Then start working with CBs OR houses - put them where you want them. For example, I wanted to put my CBs in theme-oriented groups/blocks, not in the order I originally built them.
    When BOTH groups are re-arranged to your liking (more or less at least), you can start adding roads and deco - slowly and always checking. Is fun

so, you need to make room, is the first, by putting away (only) the deco. And then, rather don't try to re-arrange all in one go (is not possible). Another exercise in patience

p.s.: some of my CBs are still "somewhere" - one big pool or dark corner in the mountains. *g*
    I just knew I wasn't interested in them.
    I needed the middle room of my town for my 3D hill ;-D

p.p.s: if you have area(s) in your town, you don't want to give up, either leave them there or make screenshots first, or both! In my experience, though, re-building later is easier for the process, and besides, gives you some incentive, cos you're definitely arranging something you'll like.
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-14-2019 at 06:59 PM.

_DD_, thank you so much! Yes, I see a lot of patience practice in my future, lol.

you're very welcome, Tinkrtoy! and yes, lol, that's why I also mentioned the fun. It IS there, you must just work (actually, it's "play"! who'd have thought it!) with the "right attitude"

Saving progress while editing town

I have tried 2 edit my town several times (at least 5) and my tablet will shut off or I accidentally exit and lose all my progress and starting over every time is a pain. Can it be set up to allow you 2 save your progress periodically as you are editing? At what point does the save button light up - do you have 2 have all your buildings in place b4 u can save your progress?

I am at level 52
    Playing on an Android

This last time I tried 2 edit it moved alot of my stuff 2 different area - it's like it saved some of it and just put the rest wherever not even where I originally had it b4 i statred editing and my tablet decided to shut itself off.

Quote Originally Posted by StephieC863 View Post
    Playing on an Android

This last time I tried 2 edit it moved alot of my stuff 2 different area - it's like it saved some of it and just put the rest wherever not even where I originally had it b4 i statred editing and my tablet decided to shut itself off.
    hi Stephie,

I can't help you with your tablet, but maybe my description in post #5 above
    how I did the re-arranging - and how the prog works - can help you.

Re the "moving around / on its own" is the only idea I have, that the prog continues to give you your stuff back from the temp boxes, once you started it - like it offers you more of the same item, when you start buying something. Maybe that happened here, and you moved (your cursor, finger, whatever)..?
    Or it just moved the CBs and houses back from storage.
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-15-2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: adapted reference; thanks, Bess :)!