Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: director gone missing?

director gone missing?

2 days ago I reported an ad that had no exit, except to close the game. I got a reply saying the ad had been removed. I have not seen the director since which is very unusual as he appears numerous times a day. Has anyone seen the director in the copter orders since yesterday afternoon?

Hi stewart, yes I am still getting the director with the adverts regularly. I have just watched a few adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by stewartstown View Post
    2 days ago I reported an ad that had no exit, except to close the game. I got a reply saying the ad had been removed. I have not seen the director since ...
    If you can still reply in that conversation, tell them there what you wrote here - that you didn't mean to have ALL ads removed, but just that one. (They might have taken you out of one of these groups for getting adverts)
    Good luck!

My game might be over. They replied that it was random and they could not restore my ads! So it was just an unbelievable coincidence that after seeing the ads every day since I've been playing, that they disappeared when I complained. I don't see how the game would be playable without the $ from the director. What a crappy way to treat a user.

My game might be over. They replied that it was random and they could not restore my ads! So it was just an unbelievable coincidence that after seeing the ads every day since I've been playing, that they disappeared when I complained. I don't see how the game would be playable without the $ from the director. What a crappy way to treat a user.
    Stewart, I get offered one heli ad to watch every 4-6 weeks or so, and I've heard many other players say similar. We manage ok with Tcash from other sources, much as we might wish we had the same opportunity as those who get lots. But the point is, the game is perfectly playable without that 'perk'.

Some people say they lose the ads for a short while after cancelling one. As far as I know, their ads return to whatever 'normal' is for them not long after. That seems a far more plausible explanation than that Support would take away a person's ads as a punishment for the favour of reporting a dud to them (if that's really what you're supposing).

That's exactly what I am "supposing". I got ads AT LEAST 10 times a days, every day, as long as I've played. The original reply was that they had removed the offending ad, and I should "restart my device". What was that about if it is just random? I made level 50 in less than 60 days, without the director $ that would have taken a year. I guess the game can be played much slower, but what fun is it to load 200 trains to upgrade the stinkin barn? I play on windows 10, different platforms may have a different experience.

That's exactly what I am "supposing". I got ads AT LEAST 10 times a days, every day, as long as I've played. The original reply was that they had removed the offending ad, and I should "restart my device". What was that about if it is just random? I made level 50 in less than 60 days, without the director $ that would have taken a year. I guess the game can be played much slower, but what fun is it to load 200 trains to upgrade the stinkin barn? I play on windows 10, different platforms may have a different experience.
    Other places to get TC, other than purchasing:
    In the mine (not my favourite as my trains bring one crate every 18 trains on average)
    From HoL ( seems to come on batches, currently only giving me products)
    From events ( hard to resist the temptation to spend more on them than earned)
    Send lots of planes while piggy bank active
    Occasionally zoo orders. Complete enclosures and animal families
    Achievement in town hall
    Collection in museum

After purchasing a special offer event decor TC bundle of took c.6 weeks before my helivideo guy got back to his normal routine, long enough for me to feel empathy for those who never or rarely see him.

Edited to add: just noticed you play on windows so the zoo bits probably irrelevant

I never spent any real money to purchase tcash. the director $ give me enough to keep raja on permanent hire, and upgrade my barn and community buildings when I get close. I do have the zoo available on win10 but I have not opened it. Big mistake to divert building materials from the town. I also have not purchased the 4 latest factories offered. If I was to start over I wouldn't buy ANY factories, or explore the islands!!! I would miss some planes,and copter orders (which I mostly ignore anyway). The majority of building goodies come by train. The train never asks for anything I cant produce unlike the plane and copter. With raja on duty I can buy anything i need for the planes. I mostly can just click out trains instantly with stock in the barn. If I only has a few factories and only had to stock those items I would have progressed even faster.

I asked Playrix support about this about a year ago. The answer I received was basically that the director will not show up for everyone all the time.
    Screenshot 2019-08-16 at 11.58.22 AM - Edited.jpg

Which can also be found here.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

I agree with you stewart, that it would be quite a coincidence to lose your ads straight after reporting a problem ad. I don't think it has been done as a punishment or intentionally though. Rather I think it has happened as an unintentional side effect when fixing the issue for you.

I wouldn't despair completely stewart, as Jay mentions (and many others) player's lose ads for various reasons and a lot of the time they return after a little while .

ETA You will never receive an answer from Playrix, other than adverts are random.
    Last edited by Downton; 08-16-2019 at 06:02 PM.