Thread: Penalty for trashing tasks in Regatta??

Penalty for trashing tasks in Regatta??

Is anyone aware if there are penalties in the gold league and up for trashing tasks in the Regatta?? I have heard that there is. I have looked in the FAQ but could not find an answer. Any help is appreciated!

Hello Dannielle

There are plenty of posts in the forum on this very subject and most have the answer you seek.

This post here has a good answer by cdsor, #5 in the list.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 08-14-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Lqqked

Bookworm, I have read all the forums I could find on the Regatta but none answered my question directly. Any forum recommendations?

Best regards,

Danni

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Hello Dannielle

There are plenty of forum post in the forum on this very subject and most have the answer you seek.

This post here has a good answer by cdsor, #5 in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannielle Powers View Post
    Is anyone aware if there are penalties in the gold league and up for trashing tasks in the Regatta?? I have heard that there is. I have looked in the FAQ but could not find an answer.
    There is no set number, but it is calculated as described here:
    https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...ta-leaderboard

The penalty for dumped tasks is based on the number of tasks dumped from the common task board in the previous seasonal regatta divided by the number of co-op participants in that race.

The Wiki uses the same "definition":
    https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Reg...d_Calculations

The penalty doesn't change your regatta results. It counts for the Leaderboard only and thus, only when in gold league.

The link Twilight gave you explains in post nr 5 the difference between "trashing" in regatta (too general) and dumping from the board, which not everyone can.
    If you are asking what you lose, if a member doesn't finish a task that is taken, that's a whole different topic.

"in the gold league and up" -
    There is no league higher than golden.
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-14-2019 at 03:54 AM. Reason: added Wiki link

Bookworm, I have read all the forums I could find on the Regatta but none answered my question directly. Any forum recommendations?

Best regards,

Danni

"Penalty" points are always a hard thing to understand at first. Took me a year to finally get the gist and it was the the following that helped:

Those additional links provided by _DD_ are the only other topics on this subject that will give the information you seek. They are also the ones that are continually referenced in most posts on this subject.

Read the formulas in the posts _DD_ provided, they are informative links, as is the one I provided.

Penalties for general task dumping with a blue trash can (dumped before it has been taken) only affects teams in Global League. Have to be Gold to be Global.

Dumping tasks that have been taken and have a red trash can affects the overall points of all teams in any league.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 08-15-2019 at 11:51 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Is anyone aware if there are penalties in the gold league and up for trashing tasks in the Regatta?? I have heard that there is. I have looked in the FAQ but could not find an answer. Any help is appreciated!
    All that formula stuff is only relevant to the Global Leaderboard. If your coop does not care about global leader board and is just interested in this week's race placement, the answer is no, dumping unstarted tasks from the board has no penalty.

Your standing in this week's race is not affected by how many unstarted tasks your coop dumped from the board. Your score is simply the sum of the point value of tasks completed by your racers. Among teams with the same points, placement is determined by order of finish.

If you are asking about dumping a task after a player has taken it, the penalty is that the player loses a task and will be one short at the end.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 08-14-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Hi Dannielle,
    Sorry I can't provide 'links' yet.
    You can 'dump' (tasks not started) as many tasks as you want. The total amount of 'dumps' is deducted from the total points scored in that weeks regatta.
    If you 'trash' (start a task but don't finish, or run out of time) you lose that task and it's deducted from the total available to the 'trasher'.
    I hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Hi Dannielle,

You can 'dump' (tasks not started) as many tasks as you want. The total amount of 'dumps' is deducted from the total points scored in that weeks regatta.
    No it isn't, unless you are only looking at global leaderboard points (the numbers under the "Season" tab). Frankly, how many coops actually care about those?

My coop dumps hundreds of tasks every week and our coop total score for that race that we see in the Race graphic and that determines race results remains the total points for all our tasks.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 08-15-2019 at 09:57 PM.

... and somehow I still find I answered all that already two days ago, lol.
    =>
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    The penalty doesn't change your regatta results. It counts for the Leaderboard only and thus, only when in gold league.
    now it would be great, of course, if the OP returned to read her replies *G*