Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions about kicking

Opinions about kicking

Ok I got a player who KNOWS how to play the game knows the rules. Last race she cost the team almost 300 points by her own choices to start 2 tasks then delete them cause she changed her mind. Now I was annoyed cause she knows. Now I give chance's I didn't kick her. Now I got on this morning and she put up a message
    " DONT DYMP OR TAKE COINS OR PINES"
    NOW I looked she is doing coconuts x 10 at 9 hrs each time, she has coins reserved and said trees. I told her your first long task then you got one on reserved gonna take about 18 hrs for the first one NO you don't need to say trees I am doing it won't take me long.
    Then she questioned me why I dumped it. Said I explained it to you in your long task ppl can get it done fast.
    I can't believe she questioned me after I explained it. I should kick her out but I am giving her a chance. It is not fair to reserve 2 tasks when your doing a long one.
    She use to be on alot now she been slacking off makes up excuses cause her kids but they in school when they are home she has a maid who deals with them. Now I think I been very nice to her but I think if she keeps it up gonna kick her. Before I do what are your opinions? I talked to co leaders but they are to sweet don't see the long run with me.
    Cost us points in last race now acting like she the boss.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-13-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Do you have specific coop rules regarding dumping tasks in progress, number of tasks required or what types of tasks can be reserved?
    Many coops limit reserves to tasks that can be prepped ahead and finished instantly or at least quickly—crops, manufacturing, island goods (as opposed to sending ships).

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    Do you have specific coop rules regarding dumping tasks in progress, number of tasks required or what types of tasks can be reserved?
    Many coops limit reserves to tasks that can be prepped ahead and finished instantly or at least quickly—crops, manufacturing, island goods (as opposed to sending ships).
    Yes they know to reserve a task when doing one. They know not to dump task cause it will cost us. Yes they know long task dump cause you can get 2-4 done over one long one

Sorry how my rules go

Do all tasks extra is optional
    Reserve task for prepping either making or crops boats.
    But my thing is how many times can you keep telling someone? I mean it is a game for fun but not babysitting with repeatedly saying rules? When she been with me for 2 months????

Kimmie here's my opinion. If a player understands how the regatta works and knows the rules, but does what they want anyway and then tries to monopolize the board. This is disrespectful to the leader and the rest of the team. Being busy also happens to everyone, which is why we have the option to opt out of regatta for such times. If this player is spoiling the fun for the rest of the co-op and causing you stress I would remove them. Having a selfish member ruins it for other teammates.
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Kimmie here's my opinion. If a player understands how the regatta works and knows the rules, but does what they want anyway and then tries to monopolize the board. This is disrespectful to the leader and the rest of the team. Being busy also happens to everyone, which is why we have the option to opt out of regatta for such times. If this player is spoiling the fun for the rest of the co-op and causing you stress I would remove them. Having a selfish member ruins it for other teammates.
    Thank you for you input.
    And I agree the more I think about it. I try to be fair and give chances but the more think about it yeah no more ms nice girl in that factor.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysKimmie View Post
    Thank you for you input.
    And I agree the more I think about it. I try to be fair and give chances but the more think about it yeah no more ms nice girl in that factor.
    You're welcome. I can see you like to be fair and it's not pleasant having to remove a player from your co-op. Unfortunately, sometimes we come across players who don't appreciate the chances given to them and abuse any goodwill handed to them. Being fair has to go both ways to work.

Good luck. I am sure your team will be pleased you made the difficult decision before any bigger problems arose from the situation .
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I agree with Downton.

This clearly is a player that needs to have their own co-op so they can do things their own way. (because, let's face it, they already are)

I like to try and be fair as well. In the past, though, it was too much at the expense of my team and I have learned from that mistake. Personally, now, I would kick them now. Take the loss and come back strong the next season.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 08-14-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

just an advocatus diaboli thought, when all are sooo in agreement here:

one is, Kimmie, you came here saying "I talked to co leaders but they are to sweet don't see the long run with me" -- so for one, I would NOT assume the "team" (to which you did not talk?) will be totally in agreement, not necessarily when they weren't involved. Do you know their opinion in the discussion?
    We've already read of "afterwards-surprises" here.

I would also question whether the Co leaders are excited that their opinion was not heard. Besides, what were their ideas (precisely) how to go on? just wait and sleep, or kick next time or what?

Are you aware that she will lose her rewards, if you kick her NOW? If so, is that necessary?

And as an aside, which might be obvious to you: is she a native English speaker? cos, sorry, but "Reserve task for prepping either making or crops boats" is NOT an understandable sentence (rule) for me.
    (If she didn't understand it, should have asked, of course. But from what you described, it could even be interpreted that she did.)

So, I certainly would talk it over with the gang first, before any actions.

Re coconuts.
    It took a long, long time for me to realise that 3 island products could be instant if sat waiting in port, even after good team-mates explained. In general if someone is asking questions after an explanation, then the explanation wasn't fully understood and may need phrasing differently.
    That said, dumping a taken task is such a big no-no ...(except perhaps on Sunday to do 2+ fast tasks instead)