Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using ores to make products

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    I don't mine, because I get less mining tools from trains this way and more barn and expansion tools. At least it feels like it...
    This hasn't been my experience, I usually don't mine until I get a task for the regatta to do it, and usually by then I have well over 100 picks and plenty of dynamite and tnt, unless for some reason it knows I don't need mining tools as often and that's why it sends me what I don't need? Kinda like when all you need is 2 more bricks and you suddenly start getting all glass and slabs... 😂

I don't mine, because I get less mining tools from trains this way and more barn and expansion tools. At least it feels like it...
    It is not my experience either. I only mine when it is a regatta task and I still receive my fair share of mining tools. As I have around 4500 in stock, I do not buy them with Rajah anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    It is not my experience either. I only mine when it is a regatta task and I still receive my fair share of mining tools. As I have around 4500 in stock, I do not buy them with Rajah anymore.
    4500??!? How long have you been saving them? I thought I was in good shape with 400 lol

Quote Originally Posted by mselikeshockey View Post
    4500??!? How long have you been saving them? I thought I was in good shape with 400 lol
    For a long time, whenever I was below 2000, I was buying some with Rajah LOL. I need tools for the regatta or when we get a new factory as everything else is level 27 or higher. I am just upgrading XP right now so no rush at all..

So it's possible I would get them at the same rate as now, even if I would use them all up? The trains like to bring stuff we don't need, so i don't know how that's possible If i remember correclty I used to get at least one crate/3 trains, but usually 2/3, now I am getting like 1 crate/6-9 trains. Might be a coincidence, I guess I test it right now, but there is something I noticed with the materials. Even if I am not building a community building and I sell all the building materials right away, I am barely getting any barn tools. As soon as I start to stockpile some building materials, I start getting twice as much barn tools. That can't be a coincidence. It should affect your trains if you run out of something, at least a little bit.

So it's possible I would get them at the same rate as now, even if I would use them all up? The trains like to bring stuff we don't need, so i don't know how that's possible If i remember correclty I used to get at least one crate/3 trains, but usually 2/3, now I am getting like 1 crate/6-9 trains. Might be a coincidence, I guess I test it right now, but there is something I noticed with the materials. Even if I am not building a community building and I sell all the building materials right away, I am barely getting any barn tools. As soon as I start to stockpile some building materials, I start getting twice as much barn tools. That can't be a coincidence. It should affect your trains if you run out of something, at least a little bit.
    I never saw any sure way to influence what we get from our trains. The fact that we need a type of tools/materials or not doesn't change a thing. Sometimes we get more of one type and less of another, sometimes it is the other way around...

I never saw any sure way to influence what we get from our trains. The fact that we need a type of tools/materials or not doesn't change a thing. Sometimes we get more of one type and less of another, sometimes it is the other way around...
    Well, maybe I am wrong about the mine, but building a community building or storing building materials vs selling them does affect my trains. I play on windows, not sure if that's relevant.

I use ore mostly to make ingots for upgrading and use Raja mostly for buying ore (I only mine for regatta and interseason tasks).

I sometimes make pans and lamps which I keep on my shelves and usually only use for regatta tasks. For these and saxophones etc, usually what I can buy off my market shelves is enough for filling crates.

After three years, both island and trains are at 50% time. Twelve factories are fully upgraded to level 53 with the rest at level 27, so this seems to work for me, albeit time consuming 😂

Upgrading is all about finding your happy place. I have trains returning every 3 hours, ships approx 4 1/2 hours. Sugar at 50%. This works for me, but for others it would mean the trains and ships are sitting waiting too long.

Only you know your life, only you control how much time you spend in the game.

As for products requiring ore, my friend Raja always has them in storage for me when I am in need.

I use Raja for mining tools, mainly picks. I prefer this to getting ore as there is so much more to get from the mine. Even after getting all the museum artifacts, there's gems, coins, tcash, building materials and ingots. I love mining . As a result I have a healthy amount of clay most of the time so make mugs and teapots. I tend to get most things requiring ore from the market, I usually manage this just buying up the boxes and rarely need to use Raja for them. I do make a little bit of jewellery also.

My trains and islands are at 50% reduced time, as are my main factories: sugar, bakery, dairy, snack factory, fast food etc. I still have lots more upgrades to do, but I just find mining much more fun than getting ore from Raja .