Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using ores to make products

Using ores to make products

I just reached level 80 and gonna get the first product that requires ores (frying pan) and is requested by planes. I constantly use Raja to buy ores, but that's just enough to keep my foundries running, because I use the smelting booster quite often. I leveled up my factories quite fast, but I also reached level 80 quicker, than most. Less, than 8 months. It's no record, but is faster, than any of my friends. It's mostly because I used vibrant market + generous customer for days and grinded like crazy.

Anyway, I still want to upgrade every factory to at least level 27 and I am gonna need a lot of bronze and silver ingots for months. Jewellery store is ok, because only the don asks for them, but 6 bronze ores for a single saxophone seems a bit too much to me. Is anyone else bothered by this, ignore these products? Sure, I can buy them from the market, but I am really curious if someone is actually using ores to make these. At first clay will be a problem too, but at least I can buy them directly from the market and I do check for them every 6 hours + I always ask for help, when a plane asks for clay and I rarely make products that require clay. I don't mine, because I get less mining tools from trains this way and more barn and expansion tools. At least it feels like it...

I also use a lot of ore for the factory upgrades. I usually just end up buying the frying pans and cutlery from the dealer. I do the same with the guitars and saxophones in the music factory. They haven't asked too often for these items, so buying them once or twice a month is okay with me.

There are two regatta tasks using the Kitchenware factory, one for Frying Pans (copper ore) and one for Teapots (clay). I have 8 of one or the other in case the task shows up.

There is a regatta task for the Music Factory making Ukuleles which require copper ore.

There is a regatta task for the Plastics Factory making Modeling Clay which requires clay (duh )

So if you are interested in doing regatta tasks, then using ore and clay for those products is a must. Otherwise you can buy the products in the Market and use the ore -> ingots -> upgrades gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    There are two regatta tasks using the Kitchenware factory, one for Frying Pans (copper ore) and one for Teapots (clay). I have 8 of one or the other in case the task shows up.

There is a regatta task for the Music Factory making Ukuleles which require copper ore.

There is a regatta task for the Plastics Factory making Modeling Clay which requires clay (duh )

So if you are interested in doing regatta tasks, then using ore and clay for those products is a must. Otherwise you can buy the products in the Market and use the ore -> ingots -> upgrades gambit.
    Yeah, but I guess since you are a veteran, you don't really need bronze and silver ingots anymore. I just ignore those tasks, which are highly unlikely to appear anyway, since as of right now only one of the clan members can actually produce them. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    Yeah, but I guess since you are a veteran, you don't really need bronze and silver ingots anymore. I just ignore those tasks, which are highly unlikely to appear anyway, since as of right now only one of the clan members can actually produce them. Thanks for the info.
    Well, I wasn't going to burst your bubble in your earlier post. But after *years* of upgrading, I still don't have all the factories up to level 27. Yes, a few are (11 of them) but the majority are much lower. My current goal is to get every one to level 15 (-30% time).

Just to put things in perspective, here's my current factories below 27 and the number of ingots needed just to upgrade each one more level.

Factory Upgrades.jpg

Ingots just to do 1 level each, 319 Bronze, 93 Silver, 66 Gold, and 8 Platinum. Not saying you should give up trying to upgrade to 27, I haven't. But just that your estimate of "months" may be a bit off.

I have 2 towns one is level 148 & I have tried to upgrade all factories, except jewelry store, to 30% time. I have worked for years to get where I'm at. The last few months I've been working on upgrading trains & ships to get those to half time
    For my other newer town I completely focused on trains because that is where I get building materials & mining supplies from & I just got them to 25%. So my advice is pick something & upgrade to the level you're comfortable with. Level 27 is pretty ambitious, good luck! Don't waste your ore making items, just request from dealer!

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Well, I wasn't going to burst your bubble in your earlier post. But after *years* of upgrading, I still don't have all the factories up to level 27. Yes, a few are (11 of them) but the majority are much lower. My current goal is to get every one to level 15 (-30% time).

Just to put things in perspective, here's my current factories below 27 and the number of ingots needed just to upgrade each one more level.

Factory Upgrades.jpg

Ingots just to do 1 level each, 319 Bronze, 93 Silver, 66 Gold, and 8 Platinum. Not saying you should give up trying to upgrade to 27, I haven't. But just that your estimate of "months" may be a bit off.
    I have bakery, dairy, sugar, snack, candy, ice cream at 27, trains are at 21, islands at 15, 17, 17, 19, rest are at 12 until doll, which I am doing right now. Yeah, I may be a "bit" off, i know it takes much more to upgrade the newer ones and even the islands need more, than 1 day for 1 upgrade around level 20. This just shows though, that this is too much, cause noone has factories at level 53, unless they spent a copule thousand dollars on tcash or have been playing for 5 years and smelting non-stop every day. That is actually what I do, every hour I check on foundries and use Raja for ore and even like this you need years XD and even doing it like that takes years... To be honest I am only afraid, because I am pretty sure they shut down the servers, before I can finish upgrading everything I want. I started playing too late.

Don't forget lamps!

I never make products that require ore...I just haggle with Raja and stockpile 5-10 of those types of items.

Then all my ore goes to making ignots and straight on to upgrades. Finally, after 2yrs, I have all my trains at 50% and am currently working on my islands...starting with Tropica as it is the longest time.

As far as my factories...welll...we just won't discuss those...
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 08-12-2019 at 01:45 AM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Don't forget lamps!

I never make products that require ore...I just haggle with Raja and stockpile 5-10 of those types of items.

Then all my ore goes to making ignots and straight on to upgrades. Finally, after 2yrs, I have all my trains at 50% and am currently working on my islands...starting with Tropica as it is the longest time.

As far as my factories...welll...we just won't discuss those...
    Good point, I have those already, but no request yet luckily.... Sadly, I am still building community buildings and I leveled up a bunch recently, so can't stockpile yet, but I will definetely do that. You are gonna like the upgraded islands, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    Good point, I have those already, but no request yet luckily.... Sadly, I am still building community buildings and I leveled up a bunch recently, so can't stockpile yet, but I will definetely do that. You are gonna like the upgraded islands, that's for sure.
    Oh gosh...those island upgrades can't come soon enough...lol

Aaaah...the cbs...I have 8 more to go and only do those once in a blue moon. Also have 6 factories left to build. Currently concentrating on barn upgrade...so I dump all extra building supplies. Yes...I sell the building supplies...(breaks out smelling salts for those that just fainted...)
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton