Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Treat Forum and Facebook equally

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I knew I remembered something about "an official FB group" -- it was mentioned first when the Forum rules here were updated, followed by a discussion which linking would be allowed.
    Read on from Marisa's post here:
    (click on the white/blue arrows next to her name to go to the post and thread)
    I understood it at that time as a sort of concentration point for the FB stuff / inofficial groups,
    not as replacement or rival of this forum.
    Not sure yet what it is (meant for) now.

Thanks for the info in this thread, Marisa!
    Good investigation work DD Holmes!
    In this light, it looks a lot like someone has created its own career within the Township's communication team.

With this knowledge I am not sure congratulating Marisa is a good thing.
    Certainly if this development seems to threaten the future of our educational and especially fun and cozy platform.

And Downton, no worries, that family feeling I have here keeps me far away from joining the new FB group.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    In this light, it looks a lot like someone has created its own career within the Township's communication team.
    I still don't see it as necessarily negative. FB is there, and if it becomes less chaotic, all the better.
    Wouldn't see what one person (or even a group) can have - as "career"? - from such a place except work.
    anyway, Marisa is here and you can ask her anything you want.
    I mainly posted this to show where that new "official" group came from, and that it wasn't totally out of nowhere "yesterday".
    I didn't and don't agree with the opinion that FB is more handy than fora like this one, but that's just opinions.

At that time, I even thought: if they're clever, they will ask Marisa to moderate. Now look...

That Playrix doesn't tell us anything here, seems to be their new habit.

[QUOTE=Rocky_Ruud;1543512]

Ruud dear,
    I know you didn't mean to be rude. People are not generally referred to as 'it'-for gender-neutral we mostly use the plural 'they'.
    The Mods here are volunteers, they don't get paid AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    The Mods here are volunteers, they don't get paid AFAIK.
    career doesn't mean necessarily payment, and not sure, whether FB Mods and Forum Mods are treated identically, and I seem to recall a former forum Mod mentioning they get let's say some ingame goodies (they're our heroes anyway, but well, just saying).
    But to be sure, we should ask one, no?

(and grammar hints can also be given by PM )

Well google advice me to use 'their' and that didn't sound in my ears eather
    Anyway I started this thread to get more value on this platform not to get more FB platforms (and certainly not advertising to join one) so with that thought in mind I am not happy with this development.
    Nothing personal and certainly not ment to hurt anyone.

I am pleased to hear you will stay with us here on the forum Ruud .

Jays you are right, Ruud most certainly would never be rude to anyone. It is a very tricky thing to get every word correct in another language. In fact I quite often struggle in my own . You are correct mods don't get paid on the forum, I don't think this is what was meant. However I wouldn't have a clue about any differences between FB and forum anyway.
    Last edited by Downton; 09-01-2019 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Speaking of getting my own language wrong...typo ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    ...You are correct mods don't get paid on the forum, I don't think this is what was meant. ..
    see also my reply here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Good investigation work DD Holmes!

With this knowledge I am not sure congratulating Marisa is a good thing.
    Certainly if this development seems to threaten the future of our educational and especially fun and cozy platform.

And Downton, no worries, that family feeling I have here keeps me far away from joining the new FB group.
    I find your comment disrespectful and upsetting. I have not created a career within the communication team. I am just a player, I am NOT a Playrix employee, and I’m not getting paid in neither money nor goodies for anything that I am doing.

Before the Township Family group was even launched, I’ve been administrating two biggest Russian Township groups, and I continue to do so simply because I enjoy doing it, I enjoy playing Township, and I like to think that I’m knowledgeable enough to help others.

I have always been an advocate for the official Facebook group, and I don’t hide it. I use Facebook and Facebook groups extensively, and I find forums in general as an out-dated and old school tool of communication in this modern age. I have always thought that Playrix is missing out a lot by not embracing their massive Facebook audience, and I’m glad they are turning towards it.

It is not my intention to compete with the forum. It would be silly, wouldn’t it, considering we are playing the same game and trying to help other players.

I do hope that more mods will be added to the group soon, and I won’t be the only one “making a career” out of moderating. Have a good day!
    Last edited by Marisa31; 09-01-2019 at 11:50 PM.

It is a beast to moderate the Facebook group, so thanks maria for being so brave to take this on and spend your own time on it.

I think Facebook group and forum are separate platforms for fans and players to share their experiences and tips on the game, there is no conflict of interest here. I’ve also seen the mods post sneak peeks and announcements about the game here too, if you feel there’s not enough maybe the mods here can help provide this feedback to the admin of the forum instead.

As an admin to a few Facebook groups myself, it is a very tedious job when there’s thousands and thousands of Facebook users posting and commenting everyday, whereas I see little traffic on the forums. I think that is why playrix has decided to open a Facebook group to connect to the players and provide something more convenient to the majority only.

I’m sure everyone is trying to make things better and give their opinions, so I will also keep checking the forums in addition to Facebook as well

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa31 View Post
    I find your comment disrespectful and upsetting. I have not created a career within the communication team. I am just a player, I am NOT a Playrix employee, and I’m not getting paid in neither money nor goodies for anything that I am doing.

Before the Township Family group was even launched, I’ve been administrating two biggest Russian Township groups, and I continue to do so simply because I enjoy doing it, I enjoy playing Township, and I like to think that I’m knowledgeable enough to help others.

I have always been an advocate for the official Facebook group, and I don’t hide it. I use Facebook and Facebook groups extensively, and I find forums in general as an out-dated and old school tool of communication in this modern age. I have always thought that Playrix is missing out a lot by not embracing their massive Facebook audience, and I’m glad they are turning towards it.

It is not my intention to compete with the forum. It would be silly, wouldn’t it, considering we are playing the same game and trying to help other players.

I do hope that more mods will be added to the group soon, and I won’t be the only one “making a career” out of moderating. Have a good day!
    Dear Marisa,
    It was certainly not my intention to offend you personally by writing down the first thought that occurred to me.
    So here I sincerely apologize for that. If having and managing an FB group was always a big wish of you, I am naturally happy for you that this has now been realized!
    And respect for the heavy work you started there to steer the infinite flow of messages in the right direction.

We have a big difference of opinion when it comes to FB and Forum. Since the beginning of playing this game my preference has been with me for the Forum.
    Perhaps this is caused by a generation difference. But also the fact that in my country in November last year thousands of people left Facebook because of distrust and fake news
    So therefore the existence of a good alternative to Facebook is and remains important IMO

Have a nice Play