Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Treat Forum and Facebook equally

I think the reason for TownshipMobile FB to start this TS Facebook group of their own is based on the prohibition to advertise for all other much longer existing Facebook groups started by players.
    So it is not intended as a competition from our Forum but for all those fun, connected groups of which it is not clear what is shared and discussed in.

They want that cozyness too!!!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 112/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrook View Post
    There is a post from an admin asking people to post friend requests there and saying individual add me posts will be deleted...

But there are also about 50 individual add me posts.

But I use the Township mobile FB page as I know you do...having seen what goes on with that page not sure 4 admins will be enough.
    Yes and I think that this new, vollenteer Moderator will have quite a job then since the only one visible working on the group

She also posted about the why of this group.
    Multiple requested for;
    Official Forum to hard to navigate for SOME;
    MOST smartphone has the FB app on it.
    Not ment to be a replacement for the Forum
    Just an additional platform.

Let's keep an eye on it
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 09-01-2019 at 01:35 AM.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 112/Android

As Ruud said, the moderator of the new group posted "The group was created following multiple requests to give players an alternative platform because it's not easy for some to navigate the official Playrix forum"

Have to say I'd agree with this. I've seen enough posts from players who have a hard time finding their way around here, that is if they manage to join in the first place. It's a real shame that seemingly nothing can be done to make this forum easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    As Ruud said, the moderator of the new group posted "The group was created following multiple requests to give players an alternative platform because it's not easy for some to navigate the official Playrix forum"

Have to say I'd agree with this. I've seen enough posts from players who have a hard time finding their way around here, that is if they manage to join in the first place. It's a real shame that seemingly nothing can be done to make this forum easier to use.
    I have to say I didn't feel like it took me long to become familiar with the layout of the forum. I have seen posts from people saying they do though. I guess if you are a FB user you are already used to how that works. Therefore the forum is a new thing to learn. I can't compare ease of use personally as I don't do FB. I have learnt how to do a lot of things through using this site and feel any small challenges I faced in the beginning were well worth it. I understand those who use social media however will feel instantly comfortable in that environment.

I am on a couple of Tropical fish forums as well and don't find this one anymore difficult than them.

Thank You for the acknowledgment and reply! I THINK I WOULD HAVE TO HUG FOR GETTING THE TOPIC OUT THERE & HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL GET TO TALKING ABOUT THIS!

Hi everyone, I’m the moderator of Township Facebook group. I hope that Anna will also comment here eventually with her vision. As for myself, so far I’m trying to do my best to navigate the first few days before things settle down a bit and keep things reasonably tidy. I’m asking for your patience because I’m just as new to the group as all others. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa31 View Post
    Hi everyone, I’m the moderator of Township Facebook group. I hope that Anna will also comment here eventually with her vision. As for myself, so far I’m trying to do my best to navigate the first few days before things settle down a bit and keep things reasonably tidy. I’m asking for your patience because I’m just as new to the group as all others. Thanks!
    Congrats on becoming moderator on the new Township FB group Marisa . For the obvious reason you won't see me there, but I'm sure you will do a fantastic job. Hope we will continue see you here as well .

Already said it on FB but congratulations Marisa, good luck with the new group, I'm sure you will do great. (And I promise to keep my habitual FB sarcasm to a minimum in your group. )

Hi everyone, I’m the moderator of Township Facebook group. I hope that Anna will also comment here eventually with her vision........
    I very much hope to see some comment regarding the new FB group from Anna soon. It would be nice to have a statement from Playrix as to what their vision is. I find it very disappointing that so far no thought has been given to keep this official forum updated with any info regarding new ventures Playrix have obviously been planning for some time.

All this talk of Township Family, what are we? The relatives no one wants at their party?

I knew I remembered something about "an official FB group" -- it was mentioned first when the Forum rules here were updated, followed by a discussion which linking would be allowed.
    Read on from Marisa's post here:

I wish that instead of discouraging the use of FB groups, which I personally find more user friendly than the forum, Playrix instead created the official Facebook group for Township. There is one for Homescapes, although seem to be poorly moderated and full of rubbish, so why not have one for Township. I’m sure there would be players willing to deducted their time to helping run and moderate it
    (click on the white/blue arrows next to her name to go to the post and thread)

I understood it at that time as a sort of concentration point for the FB stuff / inofficial groups,
    not as replacement or rival of this forum.
    Not sure yet what it is (meant for) now.

Thanks for the info in this thread, Marisa!
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-01-2019 at 06:35 PM.