Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Treat Forum and Facebook equally

Treat Forum and Facebook equally

An interesting video appeared on Facebook yesterday about what our mountain climber is discovering behind the mountains of our Towns.
    Unfortunately, Forummers without FB have to miss this.
    The video is also temporarily on the front page of the Wiki, but I doubt whether people without FB can watch this video there.
    FBvsForum.jpg
    At the Forum we don't see the Sneak Peaks of upcoming updates.
    The number of contests here is also considerably lower than on Facebook.
    If the Forum is treated equally with regard to these matters, this can increase the involvement with the Forum of players without Facebook IMO.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Thanks Ruud
    I too wish announcements were made here first.
    Do we dare hope that more land is soon to be available the other side of 'them thar hills'?
    Last edited by JayS; 08-11-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Even if we are not member of Facebook, we can see the video. I just did and we see a land with many different dinosaurs.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    ... I just did and we see a land with many different dinosaurs.
    eex, our dinos escaped?!? will we go hunting or will we visit Jurassic Park? *G*

and btw, I would support the idea of treating this forum as equal for Playrix' announcements etc also.
    I noticed for a while already that ingame in the News only the FB link is called "our official community".
    If there is a button for the forum link at all, it just says "Forum".
    ​(I'm quoting from memory only, so it might slightly differ in wording, but am sure about the use of "official community". Thanks, Playrix makes us feel really appreciated here! )

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    eex, our dinos escaped?!? will we go hunting or will we visit Jurassic Park? *G*

and btw, I would support the idea of treating this forum as equal for Playrix' announcements etc also.
    I noticed for a while already that ingame in the News only the FB link is called "our official community".
    If there is a button for the forum link at all, it just says "Forum".
    ​(I'm quoting from memory only, so it might slightly differ in wording, but am sure about the use of "official community". Thanks, Playrix makes us feel really appreciated here! )
    Let's hope the creatures of Jurassic Valley are Herbivores and don't want to visit our Town

And about the contents on FB and Forum: sometimes we do have the same contest with a small difference so the FB'rs have no profit above the ones w / o. In such cases I prefer the contest over here.
    There could be a chance that participating on both platforms can mean disqualification of the competition. That would be fair IMO.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 08-11-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Let's hope the creatures of Jurassic Valley are only Herbivores and don't want to visit our Town
    well, I had hoped for a new world to visit with my JP-remark, but yours makes me think now of a new game genre added, something with weapons and fighting...

wouldn't be surprised, if something "new" was added rather than the existing stuff be repaired.

Exactly!!! I Feel Like I'm Being Discriminated Against & KNOW THAT I AM MISSING OUT ON A HUGE AMOUNT OF A
    practically all things!!! Just Because I Don't Have Facebook! It's not RIGHT!!!
    Here in TS They love to tell you that the game is "Well Balanced" ........ Hmmmmmm... NO IT'S NOT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BKNBLK13 View Post
    Exactly!!! I Feel Like I'm Being Discriminated Against & KNOW THAT I AM MISSING OUT ON A HUGE AMOUNT OF A
    practically all things!!! Just Because I Don't Have Facebook! It's not RIGHT!!!
    Here in TS They love to tell you that the game is "Well Balanced" ........ Hmmmmmm... NO IT'S NOT!!!!
    Hi BKNBLK13,
    Not having a Facebook account has both advantages and disadvantages. And you are right that it seems that more has been shared on Facebook.
    That has also been the reason for me to start on this topic.

The big difference between TS Facebook and this TS forum is that the Modurators of TS FB only publish topics and that's it. FB users often only react on the new topic on the day of publication. Discussions are there to but not always easy to follow. And the topic looses it's interesting part after a day, when new Topic is published.

At the Forum the Modurators and Admin are doing their best to make this platform a nice place to stay.
    The Mods do this job as volunteering players of the Township game. They are much more present in discussions than those who 'manage' the FB page.
    A good example of this management is how the discussion about the recently changed flags is handled.
    This discussion is well supervised here.
    There is no guidance on this topic on FB so the frustrated people overthere still don't feel heard.

Of course I still hope that Playrix will also share something more often overhere or organize a contest more often.
    So in that regard this thread still has value.

Happy Towning

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Of course I still hope that Playrix will also share something more often overhere or organize a contest more often.
    So in that regard this thread still has value.

Happy Towning
    Not sure I would be very hopeful...Township have launched a FB group today with staff mods and everything. It appears there focus is definitely more on FB than on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrook View Post
    Not sure I would be very hopeful...Township have launched a FB group today with staff mods and everything.....
    wowzers. yes, that is a clear sign.