Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Treat Forum and Facebook equally

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    I would be very disappointed, if they closed down the forum, but I think Anna‘s wording is auspicious, too
    There was a time we would have had a more personal reply from Anna, along the lines of 'Don't worry guys I'm not going anywhere, nor is the forum'. Now all we get (If we get a reply at all) is copy and paste responses. Everything is all so carefully worded. I really don't understand why Playrix find interacting with their customers so hard. I find more and more the real answers to our questions are found by looking at what they avoid saying.

AlwaysKimmie
    I read up on the owners of playrix and they are two brothers from Russia, I think right now they're just all about making more money than actually caring what players have to say. If they do make a deal with Facebook then I will no longer be on this game. The owner of Facebook has been snooping his way into everything and anyting and I hope the brothers who created playrix and Township and all them we'll look at the popularity of Pires then what Facebook wants or their pockets last I see when I read up on them they're worth millions of dollars

We still haven't heard an answer about the core of this thread which was equality. The forum only gets the announcement about an update once it's rolling out. Again thank you moderators & please keep the sneak peek coming! But Anna where are our contests? 3.1K comments on the latest FB contest & half of them aren't even about the contest but about "give me back my flags" and they are still griping about the zoo change too. Angry, nasty people! I don't want to repeat what others have mentioned but it is much nicer & better organized over here.

Hello everyone, I’m not here to argue whether they should keep or remove the forums.

I do want to say something about Facebook and the privacy issues that everyone seem to be afraid of if they join Facebook.

First, all you need to join Facebook is a valid email address, a first name and last name, and a birthday. Now of course Facebook would want you to give your real personal info. However, many create email addresses just for social media, it’s not fake per se, it’s still a real email account just that it has a different username and password and I don’t have my real friends and bank or whatever email to that account. So if that email is ever compromised it doesn’t get any of my real personal info. Your first and last name should be your real name on Facebook but really no one can do much with your name if they don’t have anything else. You will put your birthdate and there is a setting on your profile to make that only visible to yourself, and you can even put a fake birthday, Facebook doesn’t have a mechanism to verify what’s real what’s not.

You don’t need to provide any ID to sign up to have an account. This is what Anna was trying to say, not trying to advise people to open a “fake” account.

You don’t need to put your pics on it either, you can upload a Township pic or an animal pic or whatever it is. There is no rule on Facebook you must use a selfie as your profile pic. So if Facebook really get compromised, what you really will lose is what you put on it. So the onus is on you if you wish to protect your personal info online. The more you share the more risky it is. And many people have a Facebook account using a secondary email for junk mails or gaming or contests in case they get hacked.

I’ve been a Facebook user for many many years and I had no problem whatsoever because I select what I put on it.

I’m writing this not to say Facebook is better, but I hope to ease some of the concerns people have regarding Facebook.

And if you still don’t agree and don’t want to try, it’s all good. I’m only trying to bring some information to those that are interested and not knowing how to protect themselves on Facebook that’s all

Cheers!
    Town name: grumpBAE or bee, it depends lol
    Coop: Snowflake (#SNHMNF)
    Level: 200

Quote Originally Posted by Bee22 View Post
    ...You don’t need to provide any ID to sign up to have an account. ...
    I'm not certain, but I believe, as _DD_ pointed out above, that FB, in some countries, does require ID.

Either way I won't join FB for any reason - even just for a game account.

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    I'm not certain, but I believe, as _DD_ pointed out above, that FB, in some countries, does require ID.

Either way I won't join FB for any reason - even just for a game account.
    I can’t speak for all countries, but if you are in North America and in Asia except China, you don’t need ID

But since you are pretty much set on not getting it then it’s fine. Hopefully in the future you will give it a try!
    Town name: grumpBAE or bee, it depends lol
    Coop: Snowflake (#SNHMNF)
    Level: 200

Bee, I was referring to post #63, where _DD_ specifically referenced Germany. Since most of the world is not "North America and in Asia except China", I would bet there are other countries that require ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee22 View Post
    I can’t speak for all countries, but if you are in North America and in Asia except China, you don’t need ID

But since you are pretty much set on not getting it then it’s fine. Hopefully in the future you will give it a try!
    I'm in the UK. I did try to create an account with FB just to link my game to Android as I am on kindle. After a few hours I got a message saying I needed to verify who I was by providing ID. I didn't do this and my account was disabled. I was going to close it as soon as I had linked my game anyway, but it was disabled before I could even do that.

ETA I am not disappointed not to have FB, if anything I am annoyed with myself for trying to create something I didn't want for the sake of a game.

Also Bee Anna was suggesting a second account just for the game which IS against FB rules.

BTW The fact you use FB makes it pretty obvious you would have a different point of view regarding opening an account with them and subsequent feelings regarding privacy.
    Last edited by Downton; 09-18-2019 at 03:37 AM.

Downton, I don't use Facebook for a personal account, I have just one totally anonymous Facebook account set up as Bee has described, I'm in the UK and the only verification I was asked for was to verify either an email or a mobile phone number by typing in a code sent to it. I had a second Hotmail account, which isn't against their rules, and had the code sent there. Just curious, what were you asked for in terms of ID? Mine was set up around four years ago, so just wondering if things have changed since.

Bee, about what Anna posted, I'll just repeat my issue with Anna's post is the suggestion to set up a "separate account" for the game, which is definitely not ok with Facebook in the UK.

Hi Nightrook I got a code sent to my phone which I entered. Then I was asked to take a picture of myself and send it which I did. After that they disabled the account and I would need to send a copy of my passport or birth certificate (can't remember what else) to them to have the decision reconsidered.

ETA I did read up on it and it is fairly recently that FB have increased their verification process.
    Last edited by Downton; 09-18-2019 at 03:52 AM.