Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Treat Forum and Facebook equally

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Same for Homescapes and Gardenscapes, with the important distinction that only the match-3 forums are closing, and not the Township Forum.
    Yes, but with the above reply stating "currently no plans on closing it down"....not greatly reassuring. Especially considering FB groups have been created for all four games. I would expect Township to be the last forum they closed.

ETA I mean if they intended to keep this forum open, I can see no reason why they would not just leave Fishdom, Gardenscapes and Homescapes as they are.
    Last edited by Downton; 09-17-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Yes, but with the above reply stating "currently no plans on closing it down"....not greatly reassuring. Especially considering FB groups have been created for all four games. I would expect Township to be the last forum they closed.

ETA I mean if they intended to keep this forum open, I can see no reason why they would not just leave Fishdom, Gardenscapes and Homescapes as they are.
    IWas has happened is just like closing two-thirds of the shops in a shopping center because there is not enough enthusiasm for it. Nothing else to expect than that the large stores will disappear in the end too.

While my wish is to make the Forum as a whole more attractive ...
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 112/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Please note that if you don’t feel like sharing private info on Facebook, you may create a separate account for the game only,....
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    In many countries FB insist on proof of ID as part of terms of service.
    Many people do not want to have anything to do with FB at all.
    As you seem to be advocating setting up a fake FB account to participate in Township Family, some instructions here on how to legally do so would be useful
    Thanks for keeping us alive a little longer, Anna. And Jay, thanks for your post.

Anna, I have also heard that Facebook allows only one account per person. Just like Playrix for their forum here (rule nr 11). So, how should that work?

Additionally, I don't want an FB account and don't have one. I know quite a few Data Protection Supervisors (Datenschutzbeauftragte) from German companies, and they advise against it in general, because it's not safe in their view - also "without" private data, i.e. when set up "correctly".
    A group of them, volunteers, travels through Germany's schools to explain to pupils (between 10 and 15 YO) what they might risk for their later life with giving out (too) much info (and sometimes pictures). Your private info can be much faster "out there" with the setup already than you can say "oops".
    (and weren't all hacked towns connected to FB...?)

Note please:
    This is a summary of much more (and in a foreign language); and I won't discuss opinions on FB or try to "prove" anything of what I just tried to describe. It is an attempt to make you at Playrix understand, that this request of yours, to join FB, is much more than asking for yet another account; it is a real intervention in our decisions.

So, re what you wrote in your official announcement, Anna: no, I don't have an FB account by the game anyway.
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-18-2019 at 05:01 AM.

My experience with FB groups is that unless they have heavy moderation, they become useless. As others have noted, people do not follow rules and post stuff that is specifically restricted from being posted.

Let's just say I've been on the internet long enough that forums like this are my preference. Much easier to do a search (if needed) and important information can be pinned so it is always at the top... and you can pin more than one item!

I prefer not to connect my game to my FB account at all and I also will not break FB TOS and make a second account.

I like the community I have found here and will be sad if it does go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    IWas has happened is just like closing two-thirds of the shops in a shopping center because there is not enough enthusiasm for it. Nothing else to expect than that the large stores will disappear in the end too.
    Exactly Ruud

While my wish is to make the Forum as a whole more attractive ...
    Me too. Just a shame Playrix don't share this wish. I believe with a little more enthusiasm and co-operation from them, this would have been an achievable goal. Unfortunately it seems the forum is intentionally being excluded from updates, sneak peaks etc. Thus slowly making it redundant before pulling the plug IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    ...I would expect Township to be the last forum they closed.

I share your concerns, Downton. BTW, there is no corresponding post for Gardenscapes today/yet that I have seen, only Fishdom and Homescapes - and TS, with that one paragraph differently.

There might be a reason, though, why they could treat the fora differently: TS has Anna and our 2 Mods. Homescapes (and Gardenscapes) has dread as Mod, while the "Admins" have vanished for months. Last I checked there wasn't someone left for Fishdom.
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-17-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I share your concerns, Downton. BTW, there is no corresponding post for Gardenscapes today/yet that I have seen, only Fishdom and Homescapes - and TS, with that one paragraph differently.

There might be a reason, though, why they could treat the fora differently: TS has Anna and our 2 Mods. Homescapes (and Gardenscapes) has dread as Mod, while the "Admins" have vanished for months. Last I checked there wasn't someone left for Fishdom.
    If I interpret your information, and nothing more than that, the disappearance of Fishdom and Homescapes Fora is mainly more related to management of the different platforms than to visitor numbers or number of posts per day or something similar.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 112/Android

If I interpret your information, and nothing more than that, the disappearance of Fishdom and Homescapes Fora is mainly more related to management of the different platforms than to visitor numbers or number of posts per day or something similar.
    I don't know WHY the Playrix Admins hadn't been here for so long; I just had noticed it.
    What they use their time for, or what they didn't like here, or whether the posts here were suddenly too much for them, no idea.

In the past, it looked like they let some of their CS (or other admin) folks work here, to get a feeling for players' wishes and for the communication with them (although that has been replaced quite a bit with CS-boilerplates, it seems). It's a common practice here, too.
    Might be that they declared - for them - that experiment as failed.

(or they are very young and find FB more fun & more 'in'. *g* )
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-17-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hi, guys,

As I’ve explained here, our Township Forum is supported as before, currently we have no plans on closing it down. If there are any changes in the future, we’ll definitely give you a heads up.

Please note that if you don’t feel like sharing private info on Facebook, you may create a separate account for the game only, and use it to participate in our contests and polls, gain access to sneak peeks and announcements, join our Township Family group, etc.

Regards,
    Anna
    I have a few issues with all this. First having two accounts on Facebook is very definitely against their rules in the UK and I assume most other places,so Playrix encouraging their players to set up a second account would not be popular with Facebook. Seriously Anna this is something you really need to look into.

Then there is the behaviour of people on Facebook, I know Maria and Estelle are doing their best, but there is so much pointless posting in the group it is hard to find any useful or interesting posts. Then people are so rude and disrespectful a lot of subjects just have to be removed.

And the Township Mobile page has no moderation at all...the behaviour on there is horrendous and it really isn't a nice page to read.

Then you have the forum, polite (usually), helpful, well moderated...easy to find the information you want, easy to actually share opinions and discuss things...and currently over 300 users online...

I don‘t have a FB account and don’t plan to open one. And when I read all these stories of hacked cities, where Playrix always blames the users that they let in the destroyer via FB ... thanks, but, no, thanks ...

I would be very disappointed, if they closed down the forum, but I think Anna‘s wording is auspicious, too