Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Treat Forum and Facebook equally

Ruud, I am with you on the contests, yes the ones where there is just a right answer everyone just copies everyone else, I think that is to be expected.

The issue is when there is a different type of contest, the recent colouring one is a good example, lots of examples of people stealing other people's work and passing it off as their own. That was disgusting.

Just one thing though, don't be fooled by the Top Fan label, this is given based on quantity of your interactions with the site, not the quality of them. Yes some people with this label are very helpful, but there are also examples of people just posting every day with the same complaints being recognised as Top Fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrook View Post
    Ruud, I am with you on the contests, yes the ones where there is just a right answer everyone just copies everyone else, I think that is to be expected.

The issue is when there is a different type of contest, the recent colouring one is a good example, lots of examples of people stealing other people's work and passing it off as their own. That was disgusting.

Just one thing though, don't be fooled by the Top Fan label, this is given based on quantity of your interactions with the site, not the quality of them. Yes some people with this label are very helpful, but there are also examples of people just posting every day with the same complaints being recognised as Top Fans.
    I remember that colouring contest very well.
    A very special experience to notice in less than a minute someone else was posting MY hand-colored drawing as if it was her own creation with the only text added 'I love coloring'. And it should be seen as a compliment that her 'post' received 162 likes. What people do when Tcash can be won!

In addition to hunting for more Copy pasters and supporting other victims, that day I started giving others tips on how they could make their own creation.
    And actually that was the best part of that competition!

By the way, I found out some time ago that in order to become a 'Topfan', you only have to press a button that probably appears by itself if you visit their page a lot.
    So far the 'value' of that 'achievement'.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

Now they are creating contests for instagram?! The chaos on Facebook isn't enough?