Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team levels

Thanks so much for your reply Bessville,
    I totally agree with you on the part of being a higher level just to get beat by lower levels, that I think would get to me too! lol.
    So in that respect I agree. And I have seen the coin task you are talking about, it has gone up in coins as I level up.
    I guess we are just going to have to wait it out a little a see what happens when we all get closer to level 100, which is going to be a long time for two of our members, lol.
    I’ve been playing way less then one of my friends, and I have caught up and past her in leveling, she has been playing for over a year, I think I’ve been playing for about 8-9 months, maybe less. Can’t really remember when I started. Smh
    It’s just a little heart breaking to go from first to sixth, lol. But I deal with it.

The teams are often grouped by playing style as well. Eg teams who finish in 3 days or less together, or plod along teams together. This week 6 teams were playing out for top 3 with 12 hours to go.
    Each week is different, each co-op is different, having different expectations. It is possible to find your "Happy level " and incorporate challenges within your co-op rather than just aiming for winning each regatta.
    Snow's Town
    Snowland
    #SN6NW4

Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    FrostyGhost I know your frustration. My team was very frustrated with teams speeding past us to win every regatta. There are strategies we have learned that help us finish faster and therefore place in top three more often. You have to depend on your team to work together, dump tasks that take a long time to do like planes, trains, and zoo. Get factory shelves loaded with one good so you are ready to do factory tasks, use boosters.
    We also start 6-10 hours after the race officially begins and usually avoid being paired with the team's that spend cash to finish in one day. This doesn't always work but most of the time it does.
    There are many strategies posted on this forum and several Facebook forums you can try to improve your chances of winning.
    We have tried starting at an odd time, e.g. 1:05 delay start. But it really does seem to be luck of the draw who we are paired with

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post

You can also try blocking...we block the zoo and planes in our co-op. To block, let's say the zoo, leave three zoo tasks on the board that are under 135 points. This blocks any more zoo tasks from coming back on the board.

Being that we are a smaller co-op we can block two different types of tasks as only a max of 3-4 135 point tasks will show on the board at any given time. Larger co-ops may be only able to block one task

Hi Guys,
    I found that you can block relay tasks by leaving them on the board..as a solo racer they're unfortunately useless for me.

We waited until 4pm to start racing. I told them to not even go in and look at the task. I think it was hard for all of us to not even look, lol
    But it seemed like it did help a little. We are still racing against teams that are quite higher then us, but not across the whole board. I think about 1/3 of them are higher then us in levels.

Next time I think we are going to wait until 9pm to start.

Thanks again for all the reply’s, it seems to help.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyGhost View Post
    We waited until 4pm to start racing. I told them to not even go in and look at the task. I think it was hard for all of us to not even look, lol
    Most Coops use such a waiting time for preparing the board with dumping tasks and possibly also getting their low blockers, as described earlier here Needs some communication, too, though.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Most Coops use such a waiting time for preparing the board with dumping tasks and possibly also getting their low blockers, as described earlier here Needs some communication, too, though.
    So does it matter if you even go in and look at the task? I thought that if you just click on the dock to look at the tasks, the game would stick you in a race. Or do you have to just take a task for the game to place you? I told my co-op to not even look at them.
    I wasn’t sure if that would matter or not, so I just told them to not even look just in case.

So does it matter if you even go in and look at the task? I thought that if you just click on the dock to look at the tasks, the game would stick you in a race. Or do you have to just take a task for the game to place you? I told my co-op to not even look at them.
    I wasn’t sure if that would matter or not, so I just told them to not even look just in case.
    Nope, you can look all you like. You're allocated a racing group when one of you takes a task, not before.

So does it matter if you even go in and look at the task?
    No.

I thought that if you just click on the dock to look at the tasks, the game would stick you in a race.
    No. It's actually described somewhere, I believe in the help -
    the race starts at 8 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time, you must find out your time difference yourself), this might be important in case of a tie in points,
    and the grouping is "executed", when one member takes the first task.

Or do you have to just take a task for the game to place you?
    Yes.

I told my co-op to not even look at them.
    That's why I replied *g* and gave you two things y'all can do instead of waiting and not looking.
    If you prepare the board this way, ppl can even start preparing for longer tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow's town View Post
    The teams are often grouped by playing style as well. Eg teams who finish in 3 days or less together, or plod along teams together. This week 6 teams were playing out for top 3 with 12 hours to go.
    I think this is it. They first group coops by number of racers, but they also seem to look at how the coop scored and placed in the previous race or races. My coop races in gold league and usually finishes in the 4 thru 12 group. Sometimes we place top 3 and other times as low as 10 or 11, even though we are racing basically the same way. We've noticed that after finishing lower, the competition the next week usually seems less fierce. Some of that could just be chance, but happens consistently enough that I think it must be part of their algorithm.