Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team levels

Team levels

Hi, not sure if anyone here knows the answer to my question, and I have looked through the forums hoping to find my answer.

But I’m vary curious on how the teams are match up. Is it just by how many participants are in the co-op? Or is there any team level average that the game goes by?

Cause at this point my team and I are a little frustrated on the teams we are being matched up with. Almost all of the teams we are competing against, their team level average is quite higher then ours.
    Leader and members actively doing task, most of them are over level 100. I seen a team where all the active players were over level 120.
    Yes I know we all have the same time to finish, but players at that level are able to complete task faster and more efficiently.
    I read in the rules that the team that get the highest score first, wins the race. Which is fine, but it’s not fair to teams with such a different in levels.

Our highest level player is 67, and we are playing against teams where all the team members are higher then the highest member in our co-op.

Thanks for any info on this.

AlwaysKimmie
    From my understanding is is number of player's we are team of 6 in gold and top team has 6 players all over 100 lvl in towns it is frustrating but nothing ya can do.
    I am the highest lvl in my co-op lvlv70 then my co leaders elders lvl very.

Hi,

The co-ops are matched according to the number of players set as racing. The average level of the co-ops can differ, but so do the tasks. The higher the level, the harder the tasks become. For example, someone at level 100 will not get a "harvest wheat" task, while someone at level 30 can get one, and so on.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Thanks you for your reply, and that makes sense on the task that higher levels do, I never thought about that.

It’s just a little frustrating when we are in the lead for the first 36 hours and now we are in 5th, and all the teams ahead of us are quite a bit higher.
    I just looked again, and every team is way higher then us, one team their highest is 146, and their lowest is 96.
    Our highest is 67 or 68.

Thanks again for the info thou, that does make a little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Hi,

The co-ops are matched according to the number of players set as racing. The average level of the co-ops can differ, but so do the tasks. The higher the level, the harder the tasks become. For example, someone at level 100 will not get a "harvest wheat" task, while someone at level 30 can get one, and so on.

FrostyGhost I know your frustration. My team was very frustrated with teams speeding past us to win every regatta. There are strategies we have learned that help us finish faster and therefore place in top three more often. You have to depend on your team to work together, dump tasks that take a long time to do like planes, trains, and zoo. Get factory shelves loaded with one good so you are ready to do factory tasks, use boosters.
    We also start 6-10 hours after the race officially begins and usually avoid being paired with the team's that spend cash to finish in one day. This doesn't always work but most of the time it does.
    There are many strategies posted on this forum and several Facebook forums you can try to improve your chances of winning.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Thanks Katville! I will relay the info on to my co-op.
    The only thing, not very many goods task this round. We’ve only had wool and bacon. For fast task. I did the wool in four hours last night. I used to have cheesecake filled to the max before the regatta started. Not a single one in the last three weeks.
    The only couple I’ve seen is tacos, and jelly sandwiches, and both were only worth 110-115.
    We are a four and five member co-op, and one problem is, one member is not keen on dumping all task under 130.
    But I am definitely going to see if they want to start later.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyGhost View Post
    Thanks you for your reply, and that makes sense on the task that higher levels do, I never thought about that.

It’s just a little frustrating when we are in the lead for the first 36 hours and now we are in 5th, and all the teams ahead of us are quite a bit higher.
    I just looked again, and every team is way higher then us, one team their highest is 146, and their lowest is 96.
    Our highest is 67 or 68.

Thanks again for the info thou, that does make a little sense. ������������
    Some good tips on this page.
    You could look on it that you're punching above your weight if holding your own against higher level teams. We accidentally came first a few weeks back. Raced a bit harder and quicker than usual as all the other boats were thousands of places above us so feared a tough race and demotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    ..., dump tasks that take a long time to do like planes, trains, and zoo.
    To go hand-in-hand with this, depending on your co-op size...

You can also try blocking...we block the zoo and planes in our co-op. To block, let's say the zoo, leave three zoo tasks on the board that are under 135 points. This blocks any more zoo tasks from coming back on the board.

Being that we are a smaller co-op we can block two different types of tasks as only a max of 3-4 135 point tasks will show on the board at any given time. Larger co-ops may be only able to block one task.

It also has helped lower the amount of tasks we dumped. We went from dumping 600-800 a week to maybe 100-200.

"If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

I appreciate all the great responses!!
    But I still have a question, cause last night I did four task with in 7 hours, and two other members of my team also completed 2 task, we were 100 points away from fourth, and fifth was over a 1200 behind us.
    I get up this morning, the team that was in fifth is now ahead of us by 200 points, so that means they had to do tasks worth at least 1400 points.
    (And every team member on that team is over 130.)
    I expected the team in fourth to move away from us again, we do task, they do task, that’s a given. But fifth to catch us and move ahead of us??
    My question is, is there a list of regatta task and what has to be done for higher levels. Cause the one response I got in the beginning of the thread kind of makes sense, but at the same time it doesn’t. Only cause as I’ve climbed the ladder in levels, my personal task have only gotten easier, not harder as I get higher in levels. I still get the same task with the same amount of difficulty.

I don't know of a list of all the tasks by level, Frosty, but here's an example:- coin tasks demand 28300 coins at level 63. That increases as you level up, until it tops out at level 99, by which stage the same task demands want 83500 instead. Most of the advantages to levelling up are actually about upgrading at the Academy of Industry (which not every high level player will have done, and not every low level player won't have) but its definitely not all one way traffic. A team of your level can certainly beat teams of much higher level if you make the most of the advantages you do have and work as an effective team.

I look at it this way - those higher level teams have earned their advantages, and you can too. Once you get to the point where you have a fully developed and upgraded town, you're back on an equal footing with those who used to be ahead of you. So you can and will 'catch up'. But imagine having spent all that effort to reach level 100 (or whatever) and then routinely being beaten by teams full of people who hadn't. Not much motivation to carry on there, right? And the only alternative would be to match for every variable until the outcome became effectively random, and that would be a bore too
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-10-2019 at 01:13 PM.