Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duck feeder: Please undo recent changes for down feather and blue feather amounts

Duck feeder: Please undo recent changes for ducks, down feather, blue feather amounts

TL;DR:

Playrix, please put the drop rates for ducks and duck feathers (both down and blue feathers) back the way it was before you changed it.

Longer version:

Ever since the recent duck feeder changes, I am only receiving --at best-- two mallard (green headed) ducks (and no other ducks) at the duck feeder. This means two blue feathers and two down feathers only, when often train cars will request multiple crates of down feathers.

I had a Regatta task pop up for duck down feathers (not the blue feathers but the duck down), and for the first time ever, I was forced to remove it from my board. I couldn't wait a probable two ducks every 30 minutes x 11 rounds of ducks or 5 1/2 hours and 11 banana bread to do 21 ducks.

The new changes have negatively impacted all tasks and items related to duck feathers and down feathers. If a friend has a plane crate needing 9 down feathers, I am unable to help. If I have tasks requiring too many down feathers, I cannot do them. Train crates requiring down feathers or blue duck feathers are a problem unless I can purchase them in the market.

The new algorithm for the number of ducks, down and blue feathers is not working for players. Playrix, please switch it back to the old algorithm. Thank you.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 12:21 AM.

I agree..it totally stinks...I think the formulas could go something like this...

Bread: 1-2 ducks (1x-2x reg down, 1x blue feather)
    Bagels: 2-3 ducks (2x-3x reg down, 1x-2x blue feather)
    Banana Bread: 3-4 ducks (3x-4x reg down, 3x-4x blue feather)

Ok...reminder...that is just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    I agree..it totally stinks...I think the formulas could go something like this...

Bread: 1-2 ducks (1x-2x reg down, 1x blue feather)
    Bagels: 2-3 ducks (2x-3x reg down, 1x-2x blue feather)
    Banana Bread: 3-4 ducks (3x-4x reg down, 3x-4x blue feather)

Ok...reminder...that is just an example.
    I would be fine with it going back to the way it was, although I do like the 3-4 ducks for Banana Bread.

One of the problems is not enough ducks. I hardly ever see 3 much less 4 ducks with Banana Bread. In fact, can't remember the last time I had more than two ducks.

I seem to be getting three more often with banana bread just recently, so now is closer to 50-50 between two feathers or three. Also, for the first time since they reduced the feather drop rate, I got four ducks the other day. So apparently four is still possible even if the drop rate us about one in a million chance.

I agree tho that banana bread is way too costly and time consuming to make to yield only 2 ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by missy. View Post
    The new algorithm for the number of ducks, down and blue feathers is not working for players. Playrix, please switch it back to the old algorithm. Thank you.

I second that.
    Even if ducks sometimes still come up with 3 or even 4 (much too rarely), it's a bad change.
    Please, for once, UNDO this change, as it's for the worse for us players.

I’ve not noticed till the last few days but the most ducks I’m getting is 2, even though I’m feeding them banana bread. I need them now for my airplane and since the dealer only sells a few I’m making them in the 2 duck feeders I have, but I’m having to constantly do it every 30 mins to get enough blue feathers

I agree 100%. This change is a bad-faith move on Playrix's part. It was difficult enough before the change to build up down, but now it's so much worse.

Did the Devs change something back, or am I just lucky?

That is what I just got (with banana bread), just before that I also got four ducks

65EED05F-F945-4064-BC60-255B4694D263.jpg F00F9B72-E2F2-47E1-BEFC-03BAC83913F5.jpg

I noticed today that I am getting 3 and 4 ducks again at the feeders, maybe our cries were heard! Perhaps we should start pleading for better tasks in the regatta and less materials to build zoo enclosures again? 😀

Yes please! The amounts we are now getting is awful, sadly.