Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Bubblegum Event August 2019

On the one hand I like this new game and I really appreciate that the devs try to find new challenges for us players and keeping township alive. I think this is not self evident for a free game.
    On the other hand this time it is really, really very hard to reach the personal goals and sadly I find this very discouraging and think about quitting to play this event.
    Dear devs please consider, who is playing township. I think the most of us play township because it's peaceful, teaches us patience, gives us nice little events with also nice little rewards, gives us the possibility to design a dreamland.
    So please let the events be as they were before, challenges for the ambitious players who always want to become first but also worthwile for all the others who only like a bit of variety, and win a few rewards.
    Last edited by Monaco; 08-04-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    Dear devs please consider, who is playing township. I think the most of us play township because it's peaceful, teaches us patience, gives us nice little events with also nice little rewards, gives us the possibility to design a dreamland.
    So please let the events be as they were before, challenges for the ambitious players who always want to become first but also worthwile for all the others who only like a bit of variety, and win a few rewards.
    Beautifully stated. I like challenges and don't mind a bit of a learning curve. But in this game losing the majority of EARNED POINTS when you splat before the end is just too discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    Maybe this could easily be fixed by the ability to totally opt out of a particular event. Like being able to opt out of the regatta. Then people who opt out don't get any helis with tickets. They don't win stuff in the HOL that they can't use. And people who opt in can get tickets on all of their helis (like before).
    Maybe. But I could imagine it might not be done that "easily" at least. It depends on how good or consistent their program is programmed, from the beginning (and how well documented), to find all that needs to be changed for such changes. We know of the helis, the HOL and the friends balloons. But there may be more in the background.
    Also, there's a difference between true random and building two "parties", consistently.

And then, of course, as this would be possible, comes another idea:
    I want to finish my participation after I reached my personal goals. Or cos I lost interest in between. Or I want to change my decision the other way round, cos I suddenly do want that final reward... So, it must be available all the time to change, not just at the start. No idea what that might do to data space.

But yes, maybe they just didn't think of it yet.
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-05-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    And then, of course, as this would be possible, comes another idea:
    I want to finish my participation after I reached my personal goals. Or cos I lost interest in between. Or I want to change my decision the other way round, cos I suddenly do want that final reward... So, it must be available all the time to change, not just at the start. No idea what that might do to data space.
    I wouldn't consider opting out mid-event. It would be all or nothing (like the regatta.) But if you know you dislike the cooking events, or driving off cliffs, or dropping gumballs, it would be nice to be able to avoid those events all together (and not just by not playing them).

I wouldn't consider opting out mid-event....
    It wasn't about you nor me. The several examples should just show how an idea can develop, and as we have seen here often, most probably will, so that there's always discontent.
    It just seems shortly that a solution which is "better than nothing" helps.

If i didn’t keep losing my earned points (as opposed to not getting a bonus for completing a level) i would have been finished long ago. As it is, i am about 2/3 through the last reward and i will persevere!!!......because i am stubborn!!!
    Sure not playing any further than that lol!

Turns out that this event is worse than I thought. Ended up using some T-cash to revive a couple of times on one particularly hard level that had red sections on every platform. After the 3rd revive (about the 5th platform) I was given some kind of booster that pratically made all the platforms retract. Ended up reaching the bottom in mere seconds and got a 'bonus' score of 190. Talk about pay to win. Absolutely disgusting tactic by Playrix to put that kind of mechanic in the game. As a result, I think I'll be leaving the game after this season.

I wouldn't consider opting out mid-event. It would be all or nothing (like the regatta.) But if you know you dislike the cooking events, or driving off cliffs, or dropping gumballs, it would be nice to be able to avoid those events all together (and not just by not playing them).
    I agree! There should be an "Opt Out" button for events! Especially in those that effect game play, i.e. Heli orders! Just ignoring events shouldn't be the only option!

And I have to admit, once I started...there was no turning back or stopping, lol. I finally finished my personal goals and got my town sign...and yes, I did spend some tcash .

Takes a lot of eye hand coordination and concentration, and I must admit am easily distracted,,lol. So not my favorite but was easier as I progressed.

While I generally view new strategies for events as a good thing, I really don't like this Bubblegum event. For one thing, I have all the decorations already except for the sign. For another, there's so much red in this game, it's nearly impossible for me to make it though all the levels. And yet another, tickets go into my barn and clog it up. The only thing I like about it is that it doesn't drain my resources for no good reason like so many other events do. I just have to do heli orders.
    Last edited by Bethany Clarke; 08-06-2019 at 07:29 AM.

I've ignored this event entirely, after having a few tries and establishing that a) I'm terrible at it, b) I don't care for the town sign anyway, and c) events come too often thesedays for me to compete in every one. That's all fine by me, though I would've liked to opt out of it officially so my game wouldn't be impacted by its existence at all.