Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubblegum Event August 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Unfortunately, that is the way the last several events have been when it comes to losing bonus points. Forgot which update it was when they changed all of that...think it was about 3 updates ago.
    Actually this is the first event with this setup. In other events you have kept points already showing as being won, you just don't get a bonus for completing the run.

In this one you earn points for passing more than one platform at a time, if you fail and don't pay to complete the run those points already showing on your score are removed.

It's a small difference, but I find it very discouraging and it seems to be set up to encourage you to pay to continue. If you don't pay you lose points you already have instead of losing the chance for a bonus, it's a sneaky psychological trick and to be honest I don't like it.

I kept going to reward 3, which was nails for me which I always need, now I've stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Actually this is the first event with this setup. In other events you have kept points already showing as being won, you just don't get a bonus for completing the run.

I think I understand what you are saying...
    sketch-1564860445936.jpg

Instead of a set bonus amount for making it to the bottom without splatting...it seems that they have tied the bonus directly into each event point earned.

Looking at a few others players points when splatted - as well as mine - Seems like the "bonus points" are about 3-4 extra points per event point. But don't quote me on that though...lol...it is based on only a few other players and their scores!

So our score looks great as the ball falls...until we splat...not nice...

I'm really not impressed by just how greedy Playrix is being with the ratio of points earned if you decide not to, or can't afford, to choose a T-cash revive. It seems between 2/3 to 3/4 of the points are 'bonus' that can only be earned by completing the level. Quite disheartening to get to the bottom 3 levels only to get caught by an unavoidable red section, then get told you're going to lose 84 'bonus' points if you don't buy a revive. Also stacks the odd against you for completing personal reward levels 4 and 5 when you're inching forward 10 - 20 points at a time. That's assuming you're lucky enough to get enough ticket helicopter orders and the right mix of ticket colors. Fairer options would be to either give you 3 lives or increase the amount of points the player gets to keep if they don't buy a revive.

Am I the only one who doesn't get enough BLUE tickets? I've got many of reds and greens, but BLUE ones are really rear for me to get.

Quote Originally Posted by fishuh1004 View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't get enough BLUE tickets? I've got many of reds and greens, but BLUE ones are really rear for me to get.
    We should work together ... I‘m drowning in blue tickets, always missing reds, though ...

Same. I have 60 red tickets, 22 green, and no blue tickets. And the token machine almost always needs blue tickets. Clearly something out of whack with the way playrix generates the colour tickets. Not only do they reduce the probability of getting blue tokens from the helicopter, they increase the chance of the token machine requiring blue. And they consume room in the barn. Come off it playrix. Totally frustrating. These games used to be fun....having said that, i actually like the bubblegum game itself, but playrix is really smothering the fun with strategies to maximise t cash spend. Dont kill the golden goose playrix ! (U get too greedy, u lose the fun....and the player base.....thats why i left farmville And this is heading the same way.)

I’m officially done with this event... and by “done” I don’t mean that I’ve competed the personal goals. I hit reward 4 for the zoo deck and I’m washing my hands of this (bad) event.

I had three boosters running up until I hit reward 4, and I had the dealer running. All that bonus time shaved off of four areas was not enough for me to progress at a rate I felt was “fair.”

The majority of the heli orders did not give out tickets, the fact that for me blue tickets were seriously shorted AND that, despite having the factory booster and market refresh booster running, I still could not keep up.

Why? The rigged point structure.

I’m not sure how players could finish without using all those boosters and the dealer.

That, to me, is pathetic.

Which why I’m done. No more gems thrown at boosters for this event.

They need to change it so that all heli orders give tickets for these events. And they need to tell players to sell the tickets if they don’t intend to participate.

Seriously... it’s punishing the players who want to engage and participate in the event. Why cater to those who don’t “wish” to participate? Let them sell the tickets. Poor setup for this event’s launch in my opinion.

Saving my barn goods for helping friends. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle.One View Post
    ... Why cater to those who don’t “wish” to participate? Let them sell the tickets. Poor setup for this event’s launch in my opinion.
    Because those who don't want to participate in events for whichever reason are the ones who have posted their dissatisfaction in the past. Just like we see the complaints now that not all heli orders deliver tickets.
    And it seems Playrix tried to find a compromise.
    (I'm not feeling too friendly towards P currently because of their unhelpful behaviour towards hacked players, but this seems a case of "doomed if they do, and doomed if they don't")

At first I thought, selling the tickets would be a good alternative. But on 2nd thought, I can guess instead what would be coming then:
    complaints from the event playing players that "the others" certainly earn a fortune by selling their tickets - which they get additionally to the coins they get for selling their stuff at the heli station! woah, and "WE" must use them to play the event!
    and if not that, then another similar reason for feeling disadvantaged.

so, wouldn't be surprised, if that won't be implemented either.

I'm not happy with this event & now new events have been announced! Repeat of the jungle quest & new Need for Seeds, wondering about that one. Hate driving off the cliff! Tropical Blends may be the last game I play for awhile! Bring back fishing!!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Because those who don't want to participate in events for whichever reason are the ones who have posted their dissatisfaction in the past. Just like we see the complaints now that not all heli orders deliver tickets.
    And it seems Playrix tried to find a compromise.
    (I'm not feeling too friendly towards P currently because of their unhelpful behaviour towards hacked players, but this seems a case of "doomed if they do, and doomed if they don't")

At first I thought, selling the tickets would be a good alternative. But on 2nd thought, I can guess instead what would be coming then:
    complaints from the event playing players that "the others" certainly earn a fortune by selling their tickets - which they get additionally to the coins they get for selling their stuff at the heli station! woah, and "WE" must use them to play the event!
    and if not that, then another similar reason for feeling disadvantaged.

so, wouldn't be surprised, if that won't be implemented either.
    Maybe this could easily be fixed by the ability to totally opt out of a particular event. Like being able to opt out of the regatta. Then people who opt out don't get any helis with tickets. They don't win stuff in the HOL that they can't use. And people who opt in can get tickets on all of their helis (like before).