Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubblegum Event August 2019

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do and die (then spend TC to be revived)

gawd... the motto of this event!?

Having just done 8 coin tasks in regatta using double heli orders I have very little left anyway.

Just tried going very slowly and made it most of the way until the only alternative was to land on a red bit and go splat.

Meh! Not impressed.

AND, I just read this is a barn-store game with tickets clogging up the barn. Good grief! This can go the way of the moneygrubbing snowboarding and candysplashing.
    Last edited by Catsalive; 08-01-2019 at 11:22 AM.

The tickets earned from Heli orders are stored in the barn until transformed into tokens at the event kitchen/fac.
    Just had noticed this as well and find it NOT funny at all, Playrix.

Now, thinking to find SOMEthing positive... the new avi pic? nope, hate pics with these bubbles and even more, when they break and are all over the place and face. How many kids work in your development department, Playrix, who seem to find that funny?

The otter avi I would have liked. Just cos it's cute and not doing silly things.

And speaking of bubbles, I don't find it a good idea either, to sell special stickers for the Coop chat in the current sale. Sorry, not a good idea anyway IMO to make something available ONLY with real money. And even less so for a group entertainment. Wouldn't have been necessary to promote envy and unhappiness for those who "can't".

And speaking of bubbles, I don't find it a good idea either, to sell special stickers for the Coop chat in the current sale. Sorry, not a good idea anyway IMO to make something available ONLY with real money. And even less so for a group entertainment. Wouldn't have been necessary to promote envy and unhappiness for those who "can't".[/QUOTE]

Ditto to pretty much everything posted so far. Boring repeat of (IMHO childish) decos. HATE that tickets are stored in the barn. Not crazy about either avatar (although I am looking forward to more otter avatars). I won't start the event for a day or two but just from the tutorial I don't like the fact that my big old hand is in the way and I can't see what I am doing. Is it easier for left-handed players? Does using a stylus help?

But I must echo what DD said about the chat stickers. I am a solo racer so have no skin in the game but I dislike the idea of special stickers that can only be purchased with real money. Does seem a bit divisive for a co-op feature.

Thanks to Playrix though for offering a new type of game. I was hoping for more of a "shoot the bubbles to clear the board" style though. Still not sure how well I will do with the current format. My hand blocks the screen.

At least it’s a different style of game, Decos repeats for some but gives newer plays a chance to purchase things they see in other towns

Quote Originally Posted by GODFER57 View Post
    At least it’s a different style of game, Decos repeats for some but gives newer plays a chance to purchase things they see in other towns������
    That's a good argument, but these are a repeat of recent events. I THINK ? the oldest is from Easter

Helicopter orders

I think have found the flaw in my strategy of not buying new factories until barn big enough to cope - every order with a ticket contains items I cannot make.
    Any one else in same boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Got to say it...pointless repeats of decorations that were available either last month with the sweet week event or the month before with the colour splash event. Only new one you have to win and it is a cartoonish bubblegum machine town sign...

Still saves me a lot of effort and T cash.

The game itself I don't mind so far, sure it will get harder though...and ...it uses Heli orders which I always like.
    I sooo ditto everything Ashdust said...

(whispers...)... but I do like the sign!

Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do and die (then spend TC to be revived)
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 08-01-2019 at 12:22 PM.

I went back and played another tutorial round. With a stylus. Discovered that I didn't need to turn the top level with the ball. DUH. If I turn a lower level my hand is no longer so much in the way.

Doesn't solve the problem of tickets in the barn though! Lol

Not a fan of the new game. Won't be playing. I agree with what has been said. Decos are recent repeats, etc. Imho, this game has been designed specifically to get you to spend money. Way too hard to get the ball through, right from the outset. Not paying to continue each time. Again, I'll echo the only positive that others have mentioned: at least I'll save t cash.