Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Bubblegum Event August 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I've ignored this event entirely, after having a few tries and establishing that a) I'm terrible at it, b) I don't care for the town sign anyway, and c) events come too often thesedays for me to compete in every one. That's all fine by me, though I would've liked to opt out of it officially so my game wouldn't be impacted by its existence at all.
    Exactly! Now that there is an event every other week, with an almost total repitition of decorations, I predict I will start ignoring many of the events. A total opt out would be wonderful.

Anyone else notice an occasional platform will retract the first time you bounce on it ?

Why ? ( It's startling if it happens and there is a red nearby and I was ready to plan.)

I don't mind the the actual play, but to lie to us in the instructions about how many points we earn I do mind.
    They should tell the truth you earn __ per platform you pass PLUS ___ bonus points you get only if you finish the column.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tedium View Post
    Anyone else notice an occasional platform will retract the first time you bounce on it ?

Why ? ( It's startling if it happens and there is a red nearby and I was ready to plan.)
    I think this happens if you do really well and pass so many platforms at one time without stopping. It I believe is meant to be a bonus.

There is also another one if you do even more platforms in one go which turns your ball into like a rocket which just powers through red or white areas of the next few platforms.

Again instructions could be clearer...

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    Exactly! Now that there is an event every other week, with an almost total repitition of decorations, I predict I will start ignoring many of the events. A total opt out would be wonderful.
    The events are kind of coming fast and furious now. I can see how it would be hard to keep up with them all. The problem with the ball dropping like a rock through levels, which is supposed to be a help, is there's no control when it lands. Most of the time after I get my ball to drop, it lands right on a red spot and then it's game over.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 116
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty - International Regatta Community
    Forum Member: December 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Port Hope View Post
    I'm pretty peeved that this event requires heli orders to get tickets. It will probably seriously impact my third week of regatta.
    I have to take this comment back. At the time I had just completed all my tasks for regatta and then the next day the event started. So, of course, I was out of everything and it was difficult to complete heli orders. But now that I'm into the next week I am appreciating that I can do an Earn Coins task that also gets me the tickets I need for the event.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the final personal goal so I should finish. I remembered how difficult I found the snowboarding event at first so decided that there was a chance I would improve. Also I notice that the number of red spots tend to cycle with very few and then progressively more as you go along and then back to very few again.

I didn't read this entire thread so I hope I'm not repeating anything. I'm very frustrated with the algorithms. They seem to be getting so much worse as time goes on. The excess amounts of some tickets or materials and the extreme lack of others is ridiculous. Takes all the fun out of the game. fullsizeoutput_1bb2.jpg
    Leader of Tigger's Den Co-op/Senior forum member since Oct 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Danno820 View Post
    I didn't read this entire thread so I hope I'm not repeating anything. I'm very frustrated with the algorithms. They seem to be getting so much worse as time goes on. The excess amounts of some tickets or materials and the extreme lack of others is ridiculous. Takes all the fun out of the game. fullsizeoutput_1bb2.jpg
    Yes, it has been discussed. But another reminder to Playrix about the massive imbalance of the tickets is always good imho.
    Screenshot 2019-08-07 at 12.50.35 AM - Edited.jpg
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

This is the first time I stopped trying to get all personal rewards, it was too difficult and frustrating.
    Town: Monaco - 44BMN5
    Coop: Monaco Bagage - #MN8GZW

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    This is the first time I stopped trying to get all personal rewards, it was too difficult and frustrating.
    It's ridiculous that we get only a tiny fraction of point progression if we don't make it to the bottom. I only make it to the bottom very rarely.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 116
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty - International Regatta Community
    Forum Member: December 2015

In the Top 3 profile pic from the bubblegum event, you see an otter gnawing on *something* that's silver with a hash mark on it. What is that thing? I'd like to think it's a hub cap. Please don't tell me it's a medal.
    Town name: Crabgrass Meadows
    Co-op: Peachville co-op, #PENRV9
    Playing on Samsung S8 phone