Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubblegum Event August 2019

Is anyone else being driven nuts by the constant clicking of the token machines? It's like Chinese water torture. It never goes away no matter where I go in my town. Even in the zoo, I still hear it. Usually the background sounds change as we navigate from one area to another, but that clicking goes on everywhere. It's pretty well drowned out at the harbor, but everywhere else it is there, clickety, clickety, clickety...

I'm going to have to stop making tokens, I think. Maybe that will make it stop.

UPDATE -

A few hour after posting, I noticed the sound was gone altogether, even when at the token machine. This morning, they seem to have fixed it so we hear the sound at the machine but not everywhere else. Thank you, devs.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 08-03-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Just one more thing to annoy me, if you don't pay to continue you lose all the bonus points you earned by dropping more than one level at a time. So the system tells you how much you have earned but then takes it away if you don't pay to continue.
    I‘m with you there, Ash! I noticed this also and felt deceived ... in other events, the bonus points where added only after you completed the round

This event is worst in terms of trying suck out your tcash. Seriously Playrix, cease with this back to back events designed to tcash expenditure.

Only have to look at global leaderboard to see a cheats paradise or people with limitless cash to spend on these events.

As for bubblegum sign, as soon as I get it, I will sell if I can.

What a trashy reward.

Am a little confused
    Is it supposed to be possible to go from top to bottom without hitting any platforms??
    If so we need to be able to move the platforms independently of one another, not just twist the central column.
    So far, even following the advice here to stay on a safe spot while lining up a route am really struggling.
    Am not paying to stay alive when landing on an unavoidable red bit.
    The only thing I might spend a little on would be a parachute booster to make the ball fall extremely slowly. And only if, once purchased, it lasted for the entire level.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Am a little confused
    Is it supposed to be possible to go from top to bottom without hitting any platforms??
    If so we need to be able to move the platforms independently of one another, not just twist the central column.
    So far, even following the advice here to stay on a safe spot while lining up a route am really struggling.
    Sorry to hear your having issues JayS. Unfortunately...that is just part of the challenge. Sometimes you can drop past a few platforms if you can twist/time the bar just right, other times...it is one platform at a time.

Patience is key...gotta set the bouncing ball just right to avoid the red parts.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 08-03-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Originally Posted by Ashdust
    Just one more thing to annoy me, if you don't pay to continue you lose all the bonus points you earned by dropping more than one level at a time. So the system tells you how much you have earned but then takes it away if you don't pay to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    I‘m with you there, Ash! I noticed this also and felt deceived ... in other events, the bonus points where added only after you completed the round

Unfortunately, that is the way the last several events have been when it comes to losing bonus points. Forgot which update it was when they changed all of that...think it was about 3 updates ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Unfortunately, that is the way the last several events have been when it comes to losing bonus points. Forgot which update it was when they changed all of that...think it was about 3 updates ago.
    Maybe, but not a counterargument IMO. Just because a (bad) change is present a while already, doesn't mean it is or should be accepted and not mentioned anymore.

Esp. as Playrix often changes things and doesn't mention or explain them anywhere, so one has to believe they hope we don't notice...

If it's a change for the better, it can also be praised later, of course. Now, when did that happen the last time....

I usually am ok with events, manage to achieve personal goals and often end top 3. This event however is a disaster.
    - only half of the helis give tickets and of course you always lack one color
    - You need 4 ticket where other events need 3 but the production is like other events
    - You lose the majority of your points when you dont complete a round instead of just the end bonus
    - The further you get without failing the more red parts you get to far over half red so you have to fail to reset it.
    All these factors together made me quit the event and by the looks of it Im not the only one as Im still in 1st place If this is the way future events will be I wont bother with any of them anymore.

I agree with you. Ive been playing a number of years and this is the first event I wont be able to complete. My goal is to get to the first reward and quit. Far too fiddly, takes a lot of tokens and sick of seeing the "Do you want to spend TCash to continue" sign

I don’t mind the actual game but it is unfair to lose points you have gained along the way. If points are dependent on completing the round, they should be added then. Also, twice, while reaching across the LARGE continue button to tap the SMALL exit button, i’ve accidentally spent tcash to continue.