Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wrt rewards, what is participation?

wrt rewards, what is participation?

I'm trying to find a definite answer to this question.

Do you get all the rewards that a co-op wins in a race week if you just sit there "racing" without doing anything else, or do you have to complete at least one task that week?

Everything I've looked up so far talks about "participating" without defining what "participating" means.

I'm fairly certain that only co-op members who complete at least one task are considered to have 'participated' and so get the rewards. But, like you, I'm struggling to find that information confirmed in any official source, so I'm afraid this isn't definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I'm fairly certain that only co-op members who complete at least one task are considered to have 'participated' and so get the rewards. But, like you, I'm struggling to find that information confirmed in any official source, ...
    Absolutely the same here - I remember it as a change at some point (that one has to do one task minimum to get the rewards), but can't find it in the Help files or here in an announcement. It doesn't seem to be for Interseasonal only either, as here is at least a thread where both Graylady and dreadnought mention it. (that counts IMO! )

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Absolutely the same here - I remember it as a change at some point (that one has to do one task minimum to get the rewards), but can't find it in the Help files or here in an announcement. It doesn't seem to be for Interseasonal only either, as here is at least a thread where both Graylady and dreadnought mention it. (that counts IMO! )
    Yes...I too could not find anything that specifically stated a player must complete a certain number of tasks to get the rewards during regular regatta season.

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...g-in-a-regatta

That is all I could find via Playrix and it makes no mention either. But one sounds reasonable!

This is the only other info I could find as well:

https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Regatta_Rewards

Again...no mention.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

The question arose some weeks ago in another thread. I then asked a member of my coop, who counted as racing, but didn‘t get around to finishing a task, whether he got any rewards, and he said, no, he didn‘t. So you have to finish a least one task to get the rewards.

It was discussed here.
    Last edited by Zimbelstern; 07-31-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Maybe I'll just have to go through a week without doing any tasks myself to find out. Although my fellow co-op members won't be happy, since I usually do all tasks plus the extra one! I'll let you know the results.

Note: I wrote this before I saw Zimbelstern's reply.

Conundrum. Can you count on getting an honest answer from somebody who would benefit by being allowed to do nothing? Like asking a kid if he ate the last cookie in the cookie jar.
    Last edited by douglasnorth; 07-31-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post
    Maybe I'll just have to go through a week without doing any tasks myself to find out. Although my fellow co-op members won't be happy, since I usually do all tasks plus the extra one! I'll let you know the results.

Note: I wrote this before I saw Zimbelstern's reply.

Conundrum. Can you count on getting an honest answer from somebody who would benefit by being allowed to do nothing?
    Yes, I do, he planned to race , but got entangled in his job. He was totally devastated not to finish a single task. He wouldn‘t have said so, if it hadn’t been the case. And moreover, I had a similar experience, when my first task was an island task, which took ages. When the others got the first chest, I had an automated message in chat, saying „your team members got a chest! Finish one task to be part of the rewards“. Don‘t take that literally, I‘m playing in german, but words to that effect.

If it's an interseasonal regatta if you don't participate you do not get any rewards.

Zimbelstern, You're lucky to have considerate co-op members. We had a member who took several tasks and let them expire. He/she did not go on the chat tab to explain, and didn't even reply to our questions.

Quote Originally Posted by applegrove View Post
    If it's an interseasonal regatta if you don't participate you do not get any rewards.
    Yes, you do. All 30 co-op members get rewards during Inter-seasonal - hence hopping.
    The question, answered by many and confirmed by Zimbelstern concerned normal race week