Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Township's so-called Fair play rules

Township's so-called Fair play rules

This has been a long time coming, so here goes; I would like to express my concerns about Township's so-called fair play rules. I have been playing for almost a year now, and although at first the game was quite enjoyable, I have found since I became a solo player, the gaming devs pretty much try to control everything I try to do in the game, including my participation in events, regatta, etc to how far I am allowed to progress on my own steam. How exactly is that suppose to be fair play?

I joined a co-op at the start, and I was constantly feeding everything I made in my factories to them. I could barely keep up. For every 50 times I helped them, they might have helped me once or twice. I could not even order ore or picks for myself from the market guy without co-op dev members immediately demanding them. It became so uneven and unfair, not to mention all the co-op drama over Regatta tasks, and 9 out of 10 times the house of luck just gave me more stuff to feed them, so I decided to go solo. I even went so far as to fill my own trains and planes so conflicting with their demands would not be so difficult. I used gems to buff my helicoper orders as often as I could to advance ingame solo. At first things were fine and much more calm & fun, but all these in game dev friends on my list decided they did not like how fast I progressed on my own over the past few months and now I am not even allowed to participate in events unless they decide which ones I am allowed to play and how far I am allowed to progress in them.

The game is in general set up in a hierarchy system, you feed/help other players/devs fill their trains & planes, and if you are lucky they will help you. Now this is also based on you only sending one plane & one set of trains a day, if you try to do more than that (when solo, and not on a Regatta task), then the gaming devs will attempt to stand in your way in a variety of different ways. For example either demanding stuff you need to fill your own orders or withholding the video guy. They even went so far as to change the amount of incoming train carts. If I sent a second set of trains in 1 day, I would only get 3 carts instead of 4 or 5. Which brings about the question, why upgrade them to be faster when they give you less product? Now it takes twice as long for the same amount of incoming products.

Since going solo, I have tried to work with these mostly gaming devs on my friends list the best I can. I try to fill my own planes & trains, so I don't have to wait hours for them to do it, yet still try where I can to fill their planes & trains, because if I don't fill any at all, they either make my planes & trains impossible for me to do alone, withhold the video t-cash guy, or clean me out of island products, or send me a plane wanting 30+ white feathers, which I am not allowed to use the market guy to fill, and of course I am cleaned out of banana bread by now, so I cannot progress on my own. I got to a point where I did not want the clovers since most times they were not helpful, and I preferred the video t-cash guy. Which made them even harder to work with. Now I am not even allowed to rent the market guy unless I use it to feed these gaming dev friends, instead of helping myself with my harder orders. If I try to use the market guy to help myself occasionally, they jump all over me. What is the use at this point to rent the market guy if I cannot use it for myself once in a while, but to only help these devs on my friends list? The game was designed in a hierarchy system and for me trying to play solo, the gaming devs penalize me. Especially someone like myself, I am an older retired gamer, with more time on my hands. If I spend hours running goodies through my factories overnight to help them and my future orders the next day, they don't want the stuff, instead they ask for things that are hard to obtain, island goodies, white feathers, or bare minimum coin/experience items like bread. Hardly making using the market guy to help them beneficial. All attempts to slow down progress.

The biggest issue seems to be if the devs decide to be helpful occasionally, and I have to log off quickly due to real life commitments, when I come back online with full intentions of trying to return the favor, I come back to characters on the FIND friends list rudely named with direct barbs at me, such as "Bite Me" or some other rude innuendo demanding help. Now these cannot be just random players like myself, they must be gaming devs, as who else has control over the types of planes, trains, & helicopter orders I receive, how often the video t-cash guy comes around or what comes in house of luck chests?

Now my mom also plays the game solo, but she never added any in-game dev friends, since she is a senior and could not keep up with them if she tried. She has no issues with clovers, video t-cash guy, impossible to solo fill planes & trains. The video guy visits her regularly and does not penalize her, and although it may take a bit, she fills all her own orders using the market guy on tougher orders. We were helping each other out until the gaming devs made that almost impossible too.

So why is it I am being singled out and controlled through solo play? Because I have more online play time? How is that considered fair play? In life the more time you put into something of course one progresses faster. I am on a retired limited income, so I can not pay to win by buying t-cash used in regatta & mini events, I instead try to use my time to my benefit and help where ever I can as a solo player, but nothing is good enough for them. If I am not in a co-op giving the gaming devs everything I have, or using the t-cash they give me to help them through minimum menial market guy purchases, they jump all over me.

All this has led to totally unfair and extremely confusing game play!! In my opinion, bottom line is, if you are not in a co-op giving everything you have to the dev party as a whole, you are useless to them and the basic game structure, therefore penalized royally for going solo. I might add, the game gives false information to new players, they lead you to believe you can play solo or in a co-op. However, if you join a co-op to help and later decide to go solo, be prepared for complete and total control & confusion 😔

Hi DataOverload101,
    I have played Tship for approx 3 yrs, approx 2 mostly solo. Personally, I have never felt controlled or confused.
    I help who I want, give what I can. You can choose your friends, if they are one-way or seem impolite..unfriend them and make new ones. You are in control.
    It has it's challenges, but wouldn't be fun or learn any other way.
    This game is meant for fun, it is what it is, like it, or leave it.
    Maybe you could start your own co-op as I did...lead your own team?
    I wish you and your mum happy sailing...remember You have control.

After more then 5 years, I never met anyone that control my game. I have been a co-op leader, moved to another co-op and then moved to my own solo co-op. I did not see any difference in the game play.

Like hbv said, players can ask whatever they want, you are the master that decide if you want to help or not. If some of your friends never help you, just unfriend them and find better ones.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I really am trying to figure out what you mean exactly, but I just don't get how other people can control your playing.
    I do think you can change some thinking and things for the better.

Here some thoughts, hope they will help:
    - it's no obligation for you to help others! Nor is it for them to help you.
    - not all co-op’s are the same.
    - not all friends are the same.

Solutions:
    - delete the friends you don't like...!!
    - find new friends: here on the forum, there are some special threads for it. And start a FaceBook-account for the game: you find also friends through searchbutton, just enter ‘Township’ and request for friendship, and ask their friends etc. Join some Townshipclubs there, ask them to be friends etc. You can have endlessly FaceBookfriends.
    - and..... Why don't you start a co-op with your mom??? You can help each other first of all. I have a 2 persons co-op for years and we are doing great: usually we send 3 planes and 12 trains a day. We play all events, and we do regatta, golden league.
    The way we play: we tell each other what next plane wants, and prepare not only our own plane, but also a crate each order of the other. And when we are both in we let each other help with trains. We both have 50 in-game friends, both have a game-Facebookaccount with lots of friends. We always ask for help when possible, not only it's easier for us, but also to let others get a clover and earn money.
    I am now level 107, so.....

So, please change your way of thinking and start doing things in another way. It IS possible.
    Last edited by Zelda; 07-28-2019 at 01:23 PM.

I am still wondering whether "devs" here really means developpers, and the OP thinks either
    • we, the other gamers are not real, or that
    • Playrix Devs are after him.
    • Or whether it is just another way of expressing the usual conspiracy theory...

As example:

Quote Originally Posted by DataOverload101 View Post
    ...The game is in general set up in a hierarchy system, you feed/help other players/devs fill their trains & planes, and if you are lucky they will help you. Now this is also based on you only sending one plane & one set of trains a day, if you try to do more than that (when solo, and not on a Regatta task), then the gaming devs will attempt to stand in your way in a variety of different ways. For example either demanding stuff you need to fill your own orders or withholding the video guy. They even went so far as to change the amount of incoming train carts ...

Hi DD,
    I feel that DataOverload101 was overloading with some kind, but overwhelming sense of duty to provide. Of course the likelihood of being singled out is highly unlikely, time consuming and frankly pointless.
    Zelda's great suggestion does seem to be the obvious and most beneficial way to for him and his Mum to pass time together and achieve shared goals.
    The bottom line is to enjoy the game, use it for pleasure...be happy..ish
    I gave the control thing some thought, my only sense of control is that as a solo player, I can't take time out without my co-op being demoted...bit heavy mannn
    Tag: G3H65P Level: Township 110 Fishdom 2400

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Hi DD,
    I feel that DataOverload101 was overloading with some kind, but overwhelming sense of duty to provide.

Thanks for trying to explain and maybe. We have indeed seen folks post here before, who were proud of giving their last watermelon to anyone who asked for it, all the more in their Coop - and at the same time felt overwhelmed by it.
    But the combination here with the Devs and fair play rules -- a topic that cause(d) discussions before -- is bizarre and confuses me, to the point of wondering whether this is for real.

in any case, of course your and Graylady's and Zelda's advice is spot on.

..be happy..ish

I gave the control thing some thought, my only sense of control is that as a solo player, I can't take time out without my co-op being demoted...bit heavy mannn
    yeah, mannnn (I give you one more -n, just because) -
    btw, wooden league is very relaxing! I just don't manage to get back there
    Last edited by _DD_; 07-28-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Lol...yeahyeah, dancing on the ceiling...(trying to sing along badly lol)
    ... there may be some confusion with labels, you know how confused I've been/am at times with the way things work. What was real was being disheartened, would like to help change that

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Thanks for trying to explain and maybe. We have indeed seen folks post here before, who were proud of giving their last watermelon to anyone who asked for it, all the more in their Coop - and at the same time felt overwhelmed by it.
    But the combination here with the Devs and fair play rules -- a topic that cause(d) discussions before -- is bizarre and confuses me, to the point of wondering whether this is for real.
    Well, at least I find it weird (and not so nice) someone writing a long piece about a major problem and then not responding (reading??) while peple try to help....
    Last edited by Bessville; 07-28-2019 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    btw, wooden league is very relaxing! I just don't manage to get back there
    Well, well, well, just do as some in my coop, I told you about: one task a week and you‘ll find yourself in wooden league in next to no time