Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone else is playing my town!

Quote Originally Posted by boby1172 View Post
    [Playrix] contacted me this morning. It seems the only way to ensure single access is to reset my town! He then more or less said it was my fault - playing on someone else's device or using poor passwords etc. which I haven't done. So, I will take my chances and continue.
    Thanks for the update Boby. Does reset your town mean to basically lose everything in your existing town?! That is not a solution.

CS response is very disheartening . I understand why players such as Kasallee lose all confidence in continuing with Township if this is the level of support customers get. It doesn't sound like much is being done to make things more secure if the onus is put on us (the players) when this issue occurs. I have read of this happening to many times.

IMO Playrix need to acknowledge this problem exists with their app (more often than not when connected to FB which they recommend) and investigate and fix it in order to keep players and their towns safe. If they can't do that maybe they should be more cautious encouraging us to connect our towns to FB.

Thanks, Boby! I can hardly believe it what Playrix told you, how insensitive and wrong,
    so I would have the same question as Downton (thanks, Downton, for writing this, and so well!):

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    ... Does reset your town mean to basically lose everything in your existing town?! That is not a solution.
    How do they ensure it doesn't happen to you again, with their setup?

And I echo also this:

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    CS response is very disheartening . I understand why players such as Kasallee lose all confidence in continuing with Township if this is the level of support customers get. It doesn't sound like much is being done to make things more secure if the onus is put on us (the players) when this issue occurs. I have read of this happening to many times.

IMO Playrix need to acknowledge this problem exists with their app (more often than not when connected to FB which they recommend) and investigate and fix it in order to keep players and their towns safe. If they can't do that maybe they should be more cautious encouraging us to connect our towns to FB.

My understanding is that they reset my game, which takes it back to the beginning. Four years of hard gaming down the toilet.

Also, no mention of a guarantee on it not happening again. I wouldn't trust it anyway. If its happened once, it can obviously happen again. I have never given access to my game or devices to anyone else.

My understanding is that they reset my game, which takes it back to the beginning. Four years of hard gaming down the toilet.
    That is outrageous. Now we know also why they claim it was your fault.

And as was mentioned before, if there's a possibility to "enter through FB" or whatever the backdoor is, of course it can happen again.

Words fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    That is outrageous. Now we know also why they claim it was your fault.

Totally agree DD it's utterly outrageous. I really am quite shocked that this response and lack of support is considered remotely acceptable. It is not nice to know if something awful like this happens you are pretty much told it's your own fault and you're on your own.

Just wow!
    Last edited by Downton; 07-30-2019 at 07:22 PM.

UPDATE. I decided yesterday to call it quits. I had reinstated my co-op and finished the tasks allowed in the wooden league. I went back in later and he/she/it had reset my co-op again and chosen a plane task. They also planted up my fields with varying crops.

So, I literally sold everything I could - houses, decorations, barn content, ore etc. Then I used up my gems buying boosters that I would immediately cancel. I finally used up the last of my $6k to buy decorations and then sold them until I was down to $1.

It took several hours, but was quite cathartic. Four years of playing gone, but I needed to step away from the game anyway, as it was taking up too much time. You could say they have done me a favour

I have contacted CS and asked them to delete the account, so it should be gone soon, if not already.

Have fun on the bubble gum event. I will be outside in the sunshine...

So very sorry to hear that boby.
    With all the emphasis on one device=one town, this is something that just should not happen. Feel for you

...Four years of playing gone, ...

This is so sad.
    Thanks, boby, enjoy your time outside

UPDATE. I decided yesterday to call it quits. I had reinstated my co-op and finished the tasks allowed in the wooden league. I went back in later and he/she/it had reset my co-op again and chosen a plane task. They also planted up my fields with varying crops.

So, I literally sold everything I could - houses, decorations, barn content, ore etc. Then I used up my gems buying boosters that I would immediately cancel. I finally used up the last of my $6k to buy decorations and then sold them until I was down to $1.

It took several hours, but was quite cathartic. Four years of playing gone, but I needed to step away from the game anyway, as it was taking up too much time. You could say they have done me a favour

I have contacted CS and asked them to delete the account, so it should be gone soon, if not already.

Just catching up on all this...so sorry to hear that happened to you!

I think it is terrible that this has happened to you and Playrix could not do the honorable thing and at the very least allow you to set up a new account and then restore your level and all the items you had built up over the years or credit your account with enough coins and tcash to get the items you needed to reclaim.

I think part of the problem is when Playrix reissued our codes. I started off with one code (plastered that all over to add friends) and logged in several months later and found I had a completely different one!

Of course I was blamed for that problem...umm...no...don't think so.

Again...so sorry to hear that and wish you fun in the sun. (don't forget sunscreen! )

Very sad news boby . Enjoy your extra time from not playing Township outside in the sun .