Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone else is playing my town!

Really sad to hear this!
    Four advanced players whose town is being hijacked in a very short time.
    Beautiful towns destroyed by their owner just because that seems to be the only way to take away the fun from the intruder.
    And when that is done the guilty party looses his interest and continues his path on the way to the next victim.
    And how many non-forum members have already experienced this ..?

I don't think it would be wise to openly discuss how an uninvited guest might have invaded these town (someone would have the idea of ​​doing the same).
    Discussing the weak spots of your home in public is a No go if you want to keep burglars out, isn't it?
    Still, I want to dwell on that for a moment, because it seems that the connection between the Town and Facebook has something to do with this.
    CS already mentions it in its comments and also in the coop chat a message appears regularly not to share personal data.
    I would like to emphasize that it is not about designating the town owners as a culprit. No one benefits from that!

It may be that the weakness is on the FB account and therefore actually with Facebook.
    If this intruder gets both username and password, then not only the Township Town but also personal email and FB page are at risk!
    Don't know if that is the case with these four victims. Fingers crossed it isn't.
    If our Towns can be penetrated in another way without this data, then I am afraid none of us is safe anymore.
    Let me keep it as positive as possible in this dark and sad situation.
    So let's start from the first case because then we could still have some influence on it and everyone without FB could breathe with relief.
    The firstthing I can imagine to do is change your password from time to time.
    Filling in your password automatically could also give some risk, so stop that possibility if you choose to do that.

I really hope no further Town owners will become a victim of these people who don't respect other people's property and hard work for years.
    But when it happens to you please try first to stop their possibilitie to acces by resetting your password.
    Maybe it is the solution and you can still keep your town for years!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

The four players I mean:
    Pantel Kand
    Kasallee
    Boby1172
    Luis Montes Soriano(posted in Spanish: I had problems, 2 days ago, anything I did, when I came back to help someone, I miss everything, I wasn't there I uninstalled it, installed it, joined it to Facebook, and I don't know what the mistake was that a new city gave me, I lost my city of 5 years, be careful, if you do, something is not going well)

But not the first time ever so there wil be more I am sure.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 08-01-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

So jealous you made it to 212... and wow 15 million gold

And there is of course that other huge thread - ninety-seven pages, i.e. 97 - with heartbreaking stories like from 1234 or here, by a trustworthy source, directly several.
    And Playrix does nothing helpful, it seems.

oh yes, there was a patch, last year.
    hm, and this time?
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-01-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Just to confirm that my Facebook account, which is under a false name, is only for playing games. I have changed my password quite a few times since setting it up 4 years ago, and all of my settings were on private. I have never posted anything on it.
    Level: 208
    Co-op: Green Gables #GRE4SU
    Friend code: PFSFZF
    Player Since: May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by boby1172 View Post
    Just to confirm that my Facebook account, which is under a false name, is only for playing games. I have changed my password quite a few times since setting it up 4 years ago, and all of my settings were on private. I have never posted anything on it.
    Thank you for this clear answer. So the entrance is NOT through Facebook connection (at least not your case).
    I was hoping to help you but this problem is too technical for me sighh
    Still feel very sorry for you!

Hi, boby1172,

Sorry to hear that you have come across an issue in the game.

Kindly note, that problems like these may occur if your Facebook account or your app store account gets compromised, e.g.:

• during logins into your accounts on untrusted devices;
    • in case someone else has access to your former device and no factory reset was performed;
    • if you use simple passwords for your accounts and/or use the same passwords for the various services, etc.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
    Anna

Why Playtrix dont take some responsibility atleast?? Another thing why does it take days for customer service to respond?

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hi, boby1172,

Kindly note, that problems like these may occur if your Facebook account or your app store account gets compromised, e.g.:

• in case someone else has access to your former device and no factory reset was performed;
    • if you use simple passwords for your accounts and/or use the same passwords for the various services, etc.

Regards,
    Anna
    Sorry, Anna, but I‘ve never seen a less helpful post, especially in view of what Boby already told us. Here is a player, who was in the game for years and destroyed everything out of sheer frustration. I don‘t think that „sorry to hear you have come across an issue“ even begins to cover said issue. I really can‘t believe Playrix is not capable (or worse doesn‘t want to) helping in such cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hi, boby1172,

Regards,
    Anna
    I don't understand this post Anna. Info on why this might of occurred (all the players fault, I note). Not very helpful I'm afraid .

Is there no relevant help and advice on how to fix this after it has happened?