Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone else is playing my town!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hi, boby1172,

Sorry to hear that you have come across an issue in the game.

Kindly note, that problems like these may occur if your Facebook account or your app store account gets compromised, e.g.:

• during logins into your accounts on untrusted devices;
    • in case someone else has access to your former device and no factory reset was performed;
    • if you use simple passwords for your accounts and/or use the same passwords for the various services, etc.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
    Anna
    Anna, your post is completely unhelpful and frustrating.

= I have never logged into Township on anyone else's device.
    = I still have the tablets and phone I logged in on in my immediate possession.
    = I never use simple passwords. They are a mixture of letters (upper and lower), numbers and symbols.

I believe the problem is with your coding. Possibly similar to the issue you had where people could take products from other's markets, ports and foundarys.

I have asked more than once for the account/town to be deleted. As of last night, it was still there. I have uninstalled the app.
    Level: 208
    Co-op: Green Gables #GRE4SU
    Friend code: PFSFZF
    Player Since: May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hi, boby1172,

Sorry to hear that you have come across an issue in the game.

Kindly note, that problems like these may occur if your Facebook account or your app store account gets compromised, e.g.:

• during logins into your accounts on untrusted devices;
    • in case someone else has access to your former device and no factory reset was performed;
    • if you use simple passwords for your accounts and/or use the same passwords for the various services, etc.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
    Anna
    Ms. Anna...this response was quite simply a copy-paste-robo answer and not constructive in helping a player who came on this forum seeking genuine help.

There was the time Playrix switched up player codes...this little incident resulted in multiple accounts being messed with. I was one of the lucky few.

On behalf of this player and others that have been truly hacked...
    Would you, kindly, please research the issue and provide a real life answer and hopefully a solution to this deplorable situation?

Thank-you.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Ms. Anna...this response was quite simply a copy-paste-robo answer and not constructive in helping a player who came on this forum seeking genuine help.

There was the time Playrix switched up player codes...this little incident resulted in multiple accounts being messed with. I was one of the lucky few.

On behalf of this player and others that have been truly hacked...
    Would you, kindly, please research the issue and provide a real life answer and hopefully a solution to this deplorable situation?

Thank-you.
    What level you on?

I'm shocked. 4 years of playing gone. That's so sad. I can imagine how many lifeblood went into a town of Lvl 208....and the only reaction from Playrix is an info on how it might have happened? No solutions or support on how to fix the problem and save a player's town?
    And as if that is not bad enough, the player get's told it could have only been his own fault? That is like sprinkle salt into the wound.
    Reading this story makes me feel scared and shocked and angry.
    And it makes me think about the question, if investing money in future docorations is like throwing it out of the window....what if that might happen to my town.
    Boby I wish you all the best :-* It's so unbelievably sad, that 4 years of fun end up with frustration and disappointment
    Last edited by SumSum; 08-03-2019 at 04:14 PM.

I join you in your plea for answers and possible solutions Twilight .

I agree with everything you say SumSum. To me this is much bigger than only Bobys town too, although this is horrific enough. If Playrix deal with a long term player and 2 year forum member in this manner, the future for all Township players is scary IMO.

We pour so much of our time and for some real cash into our towns. We get emotionally attached to what we have created and a community we have become a part of. I am absolutely shocked that there is NO support and NO help when someone's town is hacked/stolen. On top of this we have goodness knows how many players losing their towns due to incorrectly being banned for cheating. What doesn't help is when you do finally speak to a human from Playrix, rather than an actual conversation we are often just given scripted replies/answers as Twilight references above.

This knowledge is very unsettling to say the least. I really hope Playrix consider improving their CS and procedures as the examples I have seen recently can only be described as appalling.

I like to stay positive when possible so have took no pleasure in writing this post. However I feel the subject is to important to ignore .
    Last edited by Downton; 08-03-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I like to stay positive when possible so have took no pleasure in writing this post. However I feel the subject is to important to ignore .
    I agree Downton, this subject is to important to ignore. I'm not that often on the forum these days. Last time I visited, i read about Kasallee and was shocked. When I first came to that forum I read so many of her posts and were impressed of her decoration enthusiasm. It definitely influenced my own gameplay. And now, only short after that sad news I read about boby's stolen town. I didn't recognize the other two, that ruud mentioned, but the frequency of the reports is significant and alarming. And the info, that resetting everything to zero should be the only solution is incomprehensible, especially for what? Doning the same effort again and maybe also loose it in the end?

I know that the usage of weak passwords can cause troubles like that, but as boby said, this could not have been the problem in his case. I hope Playrix is not resting on this statement and will check if there are other unwanted backdoors.
    Last edited by SumSum; 08-03-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    I agree Downton, this subject is to important to ignore. I'm not that often on the forum these days. Last time I visited, i read about Kasallee and was shocked. When I first came to that forum I read so many of her posts and were impressed of her decoration enthusiasm. It definitely influenced my own gameplay..............
    I was gutted about Kasallee, same definitely influenced and inspired me, and yes now Boby its beyond sad.

I know you aren't on the forum as much lately, I have missed your posts (and pics of your beautiful town). Sorry it is such a depressing issue that has brought you back on, but think its great you have added your voice here .

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    ..........I know that the usage of weak passwords can cause troubles like that, but as boby said, this could not have been the problem in his case. I hope Playrix is not resting on this statement and will check if there are other unwanted backdoors.
    I hope so too SumSum, as some previous players who have reported their game being hacked, have like Boby insisted they have been very careful with their passwords and security.

I too am deeply shocked about this reaction.
    Boby explained very clearly to me that everything already has been done to prevent this stealing, this huge crime and afterwards it didn't seem to help.
    This problem is that serious because whether you play for regetta and events or to get a beautiful Town, the external risk of being robbed of your Town through no fault of yourself is simply not recognized by those who should protect you against it!
    This is not about just one player having a little bit of a problem.
    This concerns every one of us who still has fun playing this game!
    Please give this problem the attention it needs to prevent it will every happen again and find a better way to help these victims to get their towns back as they were and to care of taking away this feeling of unsafety from all of us!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I know you aren't on the forum as much lately, I have missed your posts (and pics of your beautiful town). ...
    I also miss the conversations about decorations with all of you. I will have to find more time for that in the future :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    I too am deeply shocked about this reaction.
    Boby explained very clearly to me that everything already has been done to prevent this stealing, this huge crime and afterwards it didn't seem to help.
    This problem is that serious because whether you play for regetta and events or to get a beautiful Town, the external risk of being robbed of your Town through no fault of yourself is simply not recognized by those who should protect you against it!
    This is not about just one player having a little bit of a problem.
    This concerns every one of us who still has fun playing this game!
    Please give this problem the attention it needs to prevent it will every happen again and find a better way to help these victims to get their towns back as they were and to care of taking away this feeling of unsafety from all of us!
    Your statement expresses exactly what I'm thinking and feeling Ruud.

I am shocked as well how Playrix treats players who have been taken over or have been wrongly accused of cheating.....!
    How.....?! Why.....?!

Even when people explain what they did (and had not done), it's always still: it's your own fault. Without having read, so without investigation. You have to keep asking, begging, pleading; when you are in luck they will fix your problem, otherwise... the impossible “sorry.... (but) have a nice day”..... (....)

There are so many people playing this game, and yes, of course, there are people who are cheating or are careless with taking care of the game. But what percentage are we talking about? My guess is it's less than 1. So is losing money over that SO important you will neglect loyal people who have been playing for years, day in day out, many even spend real money, just don't help them when problems are showing up?!

I have played several games like these over the years and I have never seen such an unwillingness to help people who have problems like these.

Playrix, it is NOT always the player's own fault. You can’t always blame all on them if you have not optimized the game (and all involved), so these things can't occur through outsiders. They obviously do.
    And not being able to fix some things (like resetting a town to a certain point - is not to level 1) should be build in as service to the innocent players who are facing problems.

And the first step to all is: please LISTEN to people who are crying out for help.
    I’ve seen the changes in support over the years as well. It's so annoying when we contact, describe our problem and what we have (not) done, to get automatic answers (lots of people don't know you múst reply otherwise nothing happens), and then a few responses with solutions that we explained before we had already done but didn’t work, or solutions that have nothing to do with our problem. So we keep writing. You keep answering (if we are lucky). In terms of the money-business: it would save your people lots of time (so money) and us so much more annoyance if helpers would read properly in the first place and help out straight away.
    But I am dwelling.

It's just.... This is one of the nicest games I have seen in years. But..... you'd better not have a problem, let alone a huge problem, otherwise....

I SO feel for the players who are facing this, having played for years, and then.....