Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone else is playing my town!

Someone else is playing my town!

I've logged on today, for the first time in 3 weeks, and someone else appears to be playing my town. I managed to take some screenshots and notified customer services. I logged out and when I tried to go back in, I received a message box - you can't play on two devices at the same time, etc.

Have there been any similar problems whilst I've been away?
    Screenshot_20190726_192129_com.playrix.township.jpg
    Level: 208
    Co-op: Green Gables #GRE4SU
    Friend code: PFSFZF
    Player Since: May 2015

Yo tube , problemas 2 dias atrás, cualquier cosa que hacía , cuando volvía de ayudar a alguien , todo lo echo , no estaba
    Lo desinstale , lo instale , lo uní a Facebook, y no se cual es el error que me dio una ciudad nueva , perdí mi ciudad de 5 años , ten cuidado , si lo haces , algo no va bien

Quote Originally Posted by boby1172 View Post
    I've logged on today, for the first time in 3 weeks, and someone else appears to be playing my town.
    Have there been any similar problems whilst I've been away? ...
    very sorry to hear that, boby
    I don't know about others, but it seems we might have lost Kasallee (also see her next=last post).

Did you hear anything back yet from Playrix?

Boby I hope you got your town back. Please let us know if Playrix has managed to fix it for you .

I found it very sad about Kasallee DD. I fear she has given up after having her town overtaken/hacked .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post

I found it very sad about Kasallee DD. I fear she has given up after having her town overtaken/hacked .
    Me too, Downton She was always so excited to visit other towns (and comment nicely on them), but now I didn't find her Coop anymore. The hacker or she herself must have disbanded it.

She also wrote that she feared it could be repeated. Scaring. But more, as so often, the silence by Playrix which one has to fight through. It's the last we heard.
    I hate to notice that someone we know from here has obviously stopped playing. But this is the worst.

so, crossing fingers now we get boby back!
    Last edited by _DD_; 07-29-2019 at 08:13 AM. Reason: added link to K's other post

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Me too, Downton She was always so excited to visit other towns (and comment nicely on them), but now I didn't find her Coop anymore. The hacker or she herself must have disbanded it.

She also wrote that she feared it could be repeated. Scaring. But more, as so often, the silence by Playrix which one has to fight through. It's the last we heard.
    I hate to notice that someone we know from here has obviously stopped playing. But this is the worst.

I was in touch with Kasallee at the time to assist with her support ticket, but she said she was so upset by having a stranger in her town that she didn't intend to keep playing even if/when it was resolved. Very sad

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I was in touch with Kasallee at the time to assist with her support ticket, but she said she was so upset by having a stranger in her town that she didn't intend to keep playing even if/when it was resolved. Very sad
    yes indeed. I saw that coming from her last post (link added above), where I also saw your post and hoped you could help her to get a reaction by Playrix
    On this occasion, a long overdue Thank you, Bess, for not working always and only silently in the background!

And speaking of hope, I do hope Playrix took it NOT as excuse - that she left anyway - NOT to work more and better on preventing such invasions. From earlier posts re this topic, I would have thought they learned about the "entry ways", these at least. So, hopefully boby gets a safe way back in!
    Last edited by _DD_; 07-29-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

I checked for Kasallee' co-op shortly after she posted the thread you linked to and it wasn't there. Unfortunately I think the hacker ruined her co-op as well as town. Reading her post again and Bess' comment above it does look like we have lost her as a player due to this awful experience .

Yes crossing fingers Boby get support from Playrix and gets their town back
    Last edited by Downton; 07-29-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I checked for Kasallee' co-op shortly after she posted the thread you linked to and it wasn't there. ...
    yes, I had hoped it might be back.
    I find her reaction understandable. I also called it scaring for a reason.

After a while, IMO it's mainly the people we "meet" in the game, that make us come back. K had family in her Coop, so, wasn't dependant on the game for that.
    And so, and with Playrix' slow reactions, got the full wave of disappointment about her hacked game.

I was so shocked when I realised what was going on. I could get into my town, but was locked out each time the hacker entered. I put a note on my town name board to the effect that 'you have stolen this town'. When I went back in, they had changed the town name back to theirs. I made sure I took lots of screenshots and contacted support.

They had joined another coop, so I then contacted their coop friends to ask how long the hacker had been with them. They confirmed it was just over 2 weeks. I explained that my town had been hacked.

I started playing my town again on Saturday morning, knowing that I wouldn't hear anything from Playrix until Monday. I have so far been lucky that the hacker has not made any changes to my town other than the coop and my flags. They also ran down my barn playing the magnet game, but it could have been so much worse.

[Playrix] contacted me this morning. It seems the only way to ensure single access is to reset my town! He then more or less said it was my fault - playing on someone else's device or using poor passwords etc. which I haven't done. So, I will take my chances and continue.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 07-29-2019 at 09:21 PM. Reason: removed name
    Level: 208
    Co-op: Green Gables #GRE4SU
    Friend code: PFSFZF
    Player Since: May 2015