Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Someone else is playing my town!

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Hi Guys, until some preventative action has been confirmed from Playrix, I'd also like to remove my signature...how do I do it please?
    Hi hbv, I just edited my signature in settings deleting what I no longer wished to share. I took a screen shot before deleting it so hopefully in the future I can just copy it off my pic to put it back. I don't know a way to just hide it. General settings only allow us to hide everyone's signature only from ourself, unless I'm missing something .

Hi Guys, until some preventative action has been confirmed from Playrix, I'd also like to remove my signature...how do I do it please?
    Tap Settings at the very top right of your screen, then look in the menu on the left under My Settings - My Profile to find the option to Edit Signature.

hbv on signature I go:

- to "Notifications" at the top, tap it
    - then tap "Inbox"
    Once there look to the left find the 3rd box labeled, "My Settings" under it it says, "My Profile". 4th one down...signature

Ok...so mine has one extra step...that is because that darn monster size facebook link is hogging the space just under the "Settings" and I always hit it first.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 08-08-2019 at 11:04 AM. Reason: My reason for using notifications ;D
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Guys, I get that this is something you're all massively concerned about, really I do - because I'm a player too. And it's not my intention to downplay how big a deal it must be to those personally affected at all.... But I can't help believing that if we really were all at such high risk all of the time, then this thread would have a whole lot more than the 2 reports of an actual problem that it does.

FWIW, I didn't read the Playrix response as 'victim-blaming', deceitful, or evasive - we demanded an explanation and we got it. There's no single 'magic bullet' solution they can offer because there's no single cause, but my iPad and it's contents are in my control - not theirs - so I appreciate being told what I can do to protect myself.

So what more can we reasonably expect here? 'Don't panic because this isn't system-wide, here's how to reduce your individual risk, but we'll try our best to help if you do need it' seems fair enough to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-09-2019 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Added link

Hello my town is hacked some one using it very badly kindly remove the hacker from my town ship game

Hey Bess, Twilight, thanks to you both...I'd love 5 mins with this/these marauding gutless #!£@? !! I just deleted as you did Bess, forgot how to screenshot...but Hey, no worries, feel slightly safer. Ruud, you're spot on...good job, keep on it ]
    Last edited by hbv; 08-08-2019 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Font size
    Tag: G3H65P Level: Township 110 Fishdom 2400

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Guys, I get that this is something you're all massively concerned about, really I do - because I'm a player too. And it's not my intention to downplay how big a deal it must be to those personally affected at all.... But I can't help believing that if we really were all at such high risk all of the time, then this thread would have a whole lot more than the 2 reports of an actual problem that it does.
    Of course you are totally entitled to your opinion Bess, but there are a lot more players effected than the the two mentioned in this thread or on the forum at all. After seeing the lack of help for those who are in this awful situation I am proceeding like I am at high risk. After all Playrix have made security for our towns solely the players responsibility. So I am doing everything possible to limit the chances of becoming another number on the list. Under these circumstances I would rather overreact than under. There has been a massive emphasis by Playrix about us sharing our info as well as passwords etc, so how are we supposed to know what is safe and what isn't?
    Last edited by Downton; 08-08-2019 at 11:34 AM. Reason: It was me who took screenshot hbv :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmadkhan View Post
    Hello my town is hacked some one using it very badly kindly remove the hacker from my town ship game
    Hi Ahmad, sorry to hear you're affected too - you're the new friend brought to us by Ruud specifically because you had this issue, right? You'll need to contact Support, obviously, and be sure to reply to all messages you get back. You're welcome to pm me your conversation ID# if you'd like me to share it with our Playrix Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmadkhan View Post
    Keep posting here Ahmadkhan, get what information you can and take screenshots (which I can't yet) I hope things work out for you...we're watching...
    Tag: G3H65P Level: Township 110 Fishdom 2400

Folks,

We also absolutely understand your concern and why things like these bother you so much. We have repeatedly checked this situation — as I said, there are no errors in the game that might lead to security issues, including watching ads. The most common reasons why players might lose access to their towns are the ones I've mentioned before.

Also, please keep in mind that you may come across such problem if you purchased your account from another player.

In case you have further questions, please contact our CS team.

Regards,
    Anna