Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regatta "coins to earn" task removed but not by Coop

Hi all. There was at least one dangling question in this thread concerning the value shown for the "Earn Coins" seasonal task. With the help of Ashdust (we are in the same co-op), we performed an experiment.

At my level (139) I see a 135 point "Earn Coins" task at 83,500 coins (apparently the maximum).

At Ashdust's level (97) she sees it at 80,600 (iirc, didn't write it down).

She reserved the task and, in fact, when I look at the task again I see her amount (80,600) instead of what I originally saw (83,500).

If someone else took the reserved task, it would show up in the team "tasks in progress" portion and would show their amount, for example we have a level 87 player with a coin task at 65,900.

So the view that any player has of a coin task depends on if it's open / available (shown at their level) or reserved / taken (shown at the other player's level).

The variable nature of that task's amount can make it hard to track a particular task from the board, especially if you are trying to see "who took (or dumped) the reserved task".

Thank you Ashdust for your selfless actions of reserving then unreserving then taking the task in support of this experiment

And thank you all for your kind attention.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    ...And thank you all for your kind attention.
    lol
    I hope you have comfortable chairs for your audience.

Thanks for the confirmation, you two!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysKimmie View Post
    When I do coin task I get it done fast here is a tip.

All your decorations sell them! Earn the coins goes fast, then turn around buy them again task is done in about 10 min depends on your lvl
    Thanks I did not know about selling decorations.

As far as starting new Coop I thought of that , but, not all active members speak English. Still it is a possibility.

The coin task I was still finishing in less than an hour. It really was someone saying it can be done extremely fast. Now I know how. But my fellow Coop member would not have finished it faster than me. Yet that was the task that he must have finished, and I never saw him do it. Even though I had been monitoring the task every couple minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Hi all. There was at least one dangling question in this thread concerning the value shown for the "Earn Coins" seasonal task. With the help of Ashdust (we are in the same co-op), we performed an experiment.

At my level (139) I see a 135 point "Earn Coins" task at 83,500 coins (apparently the maximum).

At Ashdust's level (97) she sees it at 80,600 (iirc, didn't write it down).

She reserved the task and, in fact, when I look at the task again I see her amount (80,600) instead of what I originally saw (83,500).

If someone else took the reserved task, it would show up in the team "tasks in progress" portion and would show their amount, for example we have a level 87 player with a coin task at 65,900.

So the view that any player has of a coin task depends on if it's open / available (shown at their level) or reserved / taken (shown at the other player's level).

The variable nature of that task's amount can make it hard to track a particular task from the board, especially if you are trying to see "who took (or dumped) the reserved task".

Thank you Ashdust for your selfless actions of reserving then unreserving then taking the task in support of this experiment

And thank you all for your kind attention.
    Thanks for this info.

Originally Posted by AlwaysKimmie View Post
    When I do coin task I get it done fast here is a tip.
    All your decorations sell them! Earn the coins goes fast, then turn around buy them again task is done in about 10 min depends on your lvl

Quote Originally Posted by Willow-WaldoMag View Post
    Thanks I did not know about selling decorations.
    As far as starting new Coop I thought of that , but, not all active members speak English. Still it is a possibility.
    The coin task I was still finishing in less than an hour. It really was someone saying it can be done extremely fast. Now I know how.
    AlwaysKimmie's suggestion is a very good one, we use this strategy a lot.

Another suggestion with regards to decorations: if you are just needing to get the coin task out of the way quickly and if you can afford it, buy and then sell the "Gates of Glory" and/or the "Golden Fence" in addition.
    Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 12.37.02 PM - Edited.jpg

(And of course heli boosters are great too! )
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

I never do a coin task without taking the 2x coin booster first. Even with that, the coin task takes many more orders than the regular copter task. If copters aren't piling up coins fast enough, I sometimes take a break in the middle and do some mining. Those treasure rooms and assorted chests will sometimes gain me several thousand coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    AlwaysKimmie's suggestion is a very good one, we use this strategy a lot.

Another suggestion with regards to decorations: if you are just needing to get the coin task out of the way quickly and if you can afford it, buy and then sell the "Gates of Glory" and/or the "Golden Fence" in addition.
    Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 12.37.02 PM - Edited.jpg

(And of course heli boosters are great too! )
    Yes, I have actually halted population growth at about 5800 for the purpose of getting coin. I am currently above 700k so yes I can afford the high costing decorations. I will be doing as suggested. Still might use clovers, since other members are now doing the house of luck tasks.

And the heli boaster did help with my recent attempt. I only got from 140 clovers 8k coins. That was my lowest clover turn in getting coins. Wish I would have checked here though to find out about selling decorations, would have had it done fast. But, with the heli booster it was still only about an hour for me to raise 27k coin.

Again thanks all for info.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
    Coin tasks can be completed before another person's screen refreshes. Love then for the quickness.
    Hi guys, I have always dumped the coin tasks, 83,500 seems unreachable! I thought we had to earn that amount...so thanks for your tips. Boosters seem to be necessary..coins or helis, or buying/selling...are there any other tips you guys can share pls?

The coin Task is based on your level. Higher levels which I "assume" you are get the 83500 task. I have a level 60 town on Kindle who gets 25300 on the same task.

But even the 83500 is easy if you double helicopter or buy high end decorations to sell...
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Hi guys, I have always dumped the coin tasks, 83,500 seems unreachable! I thought we had to earn that amount...so thanks for your tips. Boosters seem to be necessary..coins or helis, or buying/selling...are there any other tips you guys can share pls?
    Coins and helis are my favourite tasks. If I'm racing solo I try to do as many as I can. I use the double heli booster, the refresh the market in half the time, and the 30% reduction in factory production time ones. I buy everything except the crops from the market every time it refreshes, and I keep my factories going all the time, especially with things like sugar, paper, cream, cheese etc.

Every coin you get in the game counts towards the total, so as well as the mine and HoL, you get coins from plane crates and from helping others. If you know you're going to do a coin task don't fill any plane crates till you've started it, don't open the chest you get in the islands just in case it's coins, and save gift balloons from friends (unless they're giving event items). Also, coins from the video guy, if you get him, count too. If you just need a few extra, you can also plant and sell a quick growing crop.

I suppose because I buy everything in the market I don't make as much money as I could, but I always have a nice profit, and an added bonus is that by the end of the week I usually have several hundred spaces in my barn