Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleting posts

Deleting posts

Hi Guys,
    Q: Is our forum level dictated by the amount of posts we've made? If so, I'm considering tidying up/deleting some of my old threads/posts, does it effect our membership levels?
    Tag: G3H65P Level: Township 110 Fishdom 2400

Hi,

Yes, the member status is affected by the number of posts made. You can find more details about rankings here.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Thanks Dread, tried to add to post and deleted..poo! 2 questions: why move this post here, I thought the info would be handy to new players...and, if we delete some of our old threads/posts, are they also subtracted from our total even though they were posted?

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Thanks Dread, tried to add to post and deleted..poo! 2 questions: why move this post here, I thought the info would be handy to new players...and, if we delete some of our old threads/posts, are they also subtracted from our total even though they were posted?
    Yes, they are subtracted, the number of posts that appears under your username is the number of posts that are currently visible to everyone.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

...I'm considering tidying up/deleting some of my old threads/posts,...
    It would also only confuse matters, when posts vanish that have been replied to, or referred to by others, sometimes w/o quoting. Don't see the need of "tidying up".
    Also, IIRC, you can't delete a first post of a thread.

Ok..yes, understood. What's happened with those that have gone ahead and used the option without asking about it...i don't suppose that's something you guys have to deal with? IIRC ? Where's that WTFIM thread lol...

.... What's happened with those that have gone ahead and used the option without asking about it...i don't suppose that's something you guys have to deal with?
    I notice it sometimes - indeed because something somewhere doesn't make sense anymore. I spoke to you from experience, so to speak
    But fortunately, rarely. It's usually when a user leaves, then they don't want to leave their wisdom for us and delete their posts. Most don't and just vanish.
    That someone wants to tidy up in a forum (don't have a home? ;p) is new to me -- except our Mods, of course. And btw, to keep some sense in some replies is therefore also a reason for quoting.

IIRC ? Where's that WTFIM thread lol...
    if I recall correctly. And the thread is here in the Lounge. Just go 'one up'. *g* (at the top of the page, below the picture and the first menu bar. Just click on the (sub)forum name shown there)
    Last edited by dreadnought; 07-25-2019 at 11:26 AM. Reason: added link to thread

Thanks for the link DD, so many of them! Yeah, I guess ' tidyng up' may seem a bit OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) just wanted to clear the stupid questions and dead ends..but no matter

Thanks for the link DD, so many of them! Yeah, I guess ' tidyng up' may seem a bit OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) just wanted to clear the stupid questions and dead ends..but no matter
    LOL, from the edit-note, it was dread who added the direct link (thanks for the edit-note, dread! ) -- I was trying not to serve you a link, but to make you use the way I described. The idea was for you to learn from it. In this case a bit more about the forum handling, I'm often a fan of "Help ppl to help themselves" rather.

Thanks for the OCD-explanation, I keep forgetting its meaning, indeed - but you are not 'stupid' either, and btw! I would recommend not to use - oops?! - words like "stupid" on one of our nice newcomers - you or we would have to report your post (Already seen the forum rules? *g*)

Re your idea again: (promise, you won't be judged eternally for not knowing everything from the beginning ) Deletion of something that was OK and answered is simply not recommended. If your questions were answered (and not moved into the big pile of repeated questions in some threads), they were fine, and THEY and their answers might help other newcomers.

Thanks DD,
    In some situations I believe that 'rite of passage' myself too so no worries. Good thread to read though, Nevada did a great job, and a few smiles to boot...Thanks Dread *g*
    I shall of course tend to my aromatic choice of expletives...Lol
    Having read many threads myself I realise the benefits...I was seeing it like clearing mail, keeping only what's in conversation or useful links for quick reference.
    Anyway...gonna have a quick swim...*bg*