Thread: Less animals card packets please

Less animals card packets please

For me, since the new zoo update with the animal cards it's become too much for me. I have so many cards and can't build all the enclosure, I don't even have room in the zoo to place them! The thing I get the most of are slabs and very few glass and bricks. I've been waiting so long for glass to complete a zoo enclosure, I could have built 5 or 6 enclosures by now if I only needed slabs. Of course to expand the zoo I need saws, which are few and far between plus needing them to do expansions in the town as well, if all I need was shovels for both types of expansions I could have done 7 or 8 of those. I have sold so many slabs and shovels. Then of course even in th plane ,this last time got 3 animal packs. The Special events have even been taken over by them,this snowboarding event only has one decoration at the end and the prizes for placement in the tournament aren't very good either, so this event is how many since zoo update? After getting the initial cash for completing the 1st one, I have not really been playing the events and the regatta prizes are a lot of animals. For all of these, espe silly the plane, you have to make a lot of products some time consuming and using some things that cost a lot to make, or in the case of the zoo itself some with larger amounts, we really aren't getting enough of other prizes or decorations. So I really don't play the special events, don't care whether I advance to a higher league or try keeping myself in a higher league in the regattas. having to wait, what I think, is so much longer to get the materials to build or expand, I'm not enjoying playing Township like I used to. I'm disabled so I would play for hours every day, now I'm maybe playing an hour every couple of days. I have found another time management game I like very much and spending more time in that game as well as my word and card games. If others are feeling this way, please respond so maybe they'll change it and the game becomes more interesting and enjoyable again. Thanks for letting me blow off steam here
    Last edited by 2bluedaffodils; 07-20-2019 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Yes, building zoo enclosures is pretty pointless. Even though it takes a lot fewer coins now, the quantities of building materials are excessive and eat up way too much barn space.

And for what? More enclosures don't let us make more money off the zoo, they don't produce items we need for anything, they don't generate more zoo orders or reduce the time for orders to generate. Apart from the little bonus for finishing a zoo family, there is no practical game benefit for enclosures at all. They are just something to do.

Have to agree, said this a while back the zoo is totally unbalanced, it is far too easy to get zoo cards and animals and far too hard to complete the enclosures.

Basically this means I've set my zoo out how I like it and then forgot about it enclosure wise.

I'm still doing zoo orders, but only until I complete all my animals so I can start getting decent rewards again, once I complete my animals my zoo will basically be shut.

It's a shame but there really is very little point to the zoo now.

I agree with all what was said above. It would be good if Playrix' Devs rethink what they wanted to achieve and how (with the changes), assuming they meant to better the zoo game play. As it didn't work out like that, pls DO something.

Seriously, I have so many animals waiting for enclosures to be built. Which they won't be cuz of the ridic # of bldg supplies req. If this was real life I'd be arrested for animal abuse. Either make the # of req supplies reasonable or keep the zoo cards out of our prizes.

It would help a lot if they changed the building material needs for enclosures to use the new tool exchange system they added for community buildings so we needed 60 or 70 of one material plus 40 or so tools.

They also need to add some way that the zoo animals return some game benefit. Right now, they are just colossally expensive decorations. Don't get me wrong, I think decorating in the zoo is fun, but actually, the fewer enclosures we have, the more space we have for getting creative with water and other decorations.

There are lots of ways they could make the zoo enclosures pay and provide some motivation for us to build them. We could simply get a small pile of coins every day on each enclosure. I play a couple other games that do that. One even gives gems sometimes (same as tcash in Township). They could link new order generation time to the number of enclosures we have. Above some minimum number, the 3 hour order wait could shorten a little for each additional enclosure we have.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 07-26-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    It would help a lot if they changed the building material needs for enclosures to use the new tool exchange system they added for community buildings so we needed 60 or 70 of one material plus 40 or so tools.
    I've suggested this in a few threads... maybe some day they'll listen?

There are lots of ways they could make the zoo enclosures pay and provide some motivation for us to build them. We could simply get a small pile of coins every day on each enclosure. I play a couple other games that do that. One even gives gems sometimes (same as tcash in Township). They could link new order generation time to the number of enclosures we have. Above some minimum number, the 3 hour order wait could shorten a little for each additional enclosure we have.
    Right now I have almost 50 animals living in the book. I think I'd be more inclined to play there if it cost less and gave more. Right now I only fill zoo orders for regatta tasks, but ignore it the rest of the time. Won't really think about the zoo until I've expanded all of my town plots, so it's going to be a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMB View Post
    ...Won't really think about the zoo until I've expanded all of my town plots, so it's going to be a very long time.
    I am there, have also expanded the zoo land, and still don't think about the zoo anymore, cos of the crazy amounts of materials for the enclosures.
    But it seems too many have adapted to this "change" (omitting a more explicit word), so Playrix doesn't see the need to change anything.

I'm not sure how many people have adapted to this new system...if you read Facebook the majority of complaints are linked to the number of building materials needed for enclosures, needing the same materials for community buildings and the number of homeless animals.

The complaints about building materials were always there, but as I have pointed out before since the changes to the zoo they have got worse, before the change you unlocked a new enclosure every few levels, saved up, built it, then bought the animals, it all followed on and made sense, now you have all these homeless animals making you feel guilty until you build the enclosures.

My theory Playrix are aware a lot of people are unhappy with this but don't want to resolve it as they hope the frustration will cause people to spend money to finish buildings.

It's not working on me, I have 12 enclosures to build, got my last animal card yesterday and haven't visited my zoo since. I'm looking forward to finally getting some useful rewards in regattas and events and conveniently forgetting my 48 homeless animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    I'm not sure how many people have adapted to this new system...if you read Facebook the majority of complaints are linked to the number of building materials needed for enclosures, needing the same materials for community buildings and the number of homeless animals.

The complaints about building materials were always there, but as I have pointed out before since the changes to the zoo they have got worse, before the change you unlocked a new enclosure every few levels, saved up, built it, then bought the animals, it all followed on and made sense, now you have all these homeless animals making you feel guilty until you build the enclosures.

My theory Playrix are aware a lot of people are unhappy with this but don't want to resolve it as they hope the frustration will cause people to spend money to finish buildings.

It's not working on me, I have 12 enclosures to build, got my last animal card yesterday and haven't visited my zoo since. I'm looking forward to finally getting some useful rewards in regattas and events and conveniently forgetting my 48 homeless animals.
    It doesn’t work for me either, got 78 animals in the book and counting. I‘ve not begun 12 families yet, so will be getting animal cards for quite a while, sigh... I only built enclosures, when I‘ve got a surplus of building materials and when the barn‘s bursting, which isn’t very often. If the finished animal families were good for anything, it would probably be different, but as it is, the zoo will be the last thing I do. When everything else is in town is finished ... presumably never ...