Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowboarding event July 2019

I really enjoy the snowboarding event. I don't care about my placement and don't spend tcash to buy my way back onto the run. I crash a lot but still really like playing it. I wish there was a stand alone app like this event.

I do have problems when my device can't distinguish a swipe up or down to change lanes from the tap for jumping over an object. I often try to move up or down (usually up) and the snowboarder just leaps up into the air -- not helpful when trying to avoid a tree. I guess this is mostly a technique flaw on my part.

I am not impressed with the decorations though, as they are too cartoony and overpriced, apart from the really pretty fountain (which I already have).
    Last edited by Mayfield; 07-20-2019 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

The controls on this event are really annoying, even on Android. Would prefer to have a jump button as I find myself jumping when trying to change two lanes quickly.

Why cheat people of hard earned cash, greed puzles me, because me and my wife are discussing either quitting the game, or maybe just quitting the events in the future, and that certainly does’nt earn them more money......just to make sure everyone know what i’m talking about, when you go up or down with the snowboard it glitches 50% of the time, and the event is in general buggy.... shame on you playrix
    Last edited by Bessville; 07-20-2019 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Forum rules

First of all, it's a seasonal event. It's just a minigame, temporary. The devs work on it for a couple weeks and release, it's not perfect.
    Secondly, the "bugs" are not even bad. Bugs in quotes because I believe you are referring to the controls which I admit are a bit clunky. But it's manageable, you just need to know what you're doing.
    Third, no one is forcing you to spend your "hard earned cash." Play it or don't. But many players like myself love these seasonal events. Obviously you're just having trouble winning and therefor you feel like you are being cheated. But i'm having no problem getting thousands of feet on the slope without dying. My advice: get good.
    Last edited by Bessville; 07-20-2019 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Removed defunct quote

I don't think "temporary event" is much of an excuse for this event. This is at least the third time I've played it and I haven't been playing that long. Still, I don't think I would like arrow buttons any better.

I don't like the events that use the cumulative run scoring rather than letting us accumulate points from playing lots. It such an obvious ploy for getting people to waste tcash trying to place in the competition.

Fortunately, the rewards are not so wonderful as to make it very tempting, really. People could easily blow a lot more than the 50 tcash prize that only first place gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Not a fan of these longest run games so I thought ok just do personal rewards, not an issue, I'm ok at this one, but every time I go to change lanes to avoid an obstacle or I go to jump an obstacle the screen sort of judders delays me by about a second so I fall. Lovely.

And sorry but what is wrong with the decorations? Only one new one? I know new players want a chance to get old decorations, but what about the old players who would like some new ones? Maybe the designers were too busy designing new buttons and a new design of the academy of industry upgrade page and forgot about the decorations for this?
    I just posted a new thread "less animal packets please" if you want to read, about lousy prizes with everything.
    Member since July 2015
    Android user
    On level 108
    City name Daffodil City
    Friend code B7EXR6

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Probably, yes, and no need for YOUR sorry, IMO.
    But we must have gotten the decorations another way, when they came out first, than with buying with tcash. I was thinking, when I now looked at them, no way would I spend all that tc on them!
    Except for meltdown these "new" decorations have been in older snowboarding events and were given as prizes for completing each level of the game
    Member since July 2015
    Android user
    On level 108
    City name Daffodil City
    Friend code B7EXR6

Quote Originally Posted by AmityvilleUK View Post
    The controls on this event are really annoying, even on Android. Would prefer to have a jump button as I find myself jumping when trying to change two lanes quickly.
    Agree 100%!!! Love the challenges BUT this one just did for personal rewards that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bluedaffodils View Post
    Except for meltdown these "new" decorations have been in older snowboarding events and were given as prizes for completing each level of the game
    ah yes, wasn't sure - and of course, that was an enjoyable thing at that time.
    Too bad - for one, much new stuff is only available via regatta anymore (Yacht Club).
    And in the events it has become a new habit of letting us earn only one of the (new) decos.
    Lately, they made an error and it were two, woah!
    And I hate that cumulative scoring, too.

Very disappointing, Playrix.
    Last edited by _DD_; 07-20-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bluedaffodils View Post
    I just posted a new thread "less animal packets please" if you want to read, about lousy prizes with everything.
    I did see that, posted something similar myself a few months back, unfortunately the developers aren't listening. I assume because they hope people will get impatient and buy materials for enclosures to house all the animals they keep winning in the events.

Sadly it's having the opposite effect on me, it is just making me want to bother with the events less and ignore my zoo.