Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 17.07 The New Update is OUT

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    It's already been a week since update rolled out for android! We've missed the snow ride event. New regatta season starts tomorrow & we won't be able to see the new board because that's part of the update. We have no official word from Playrix except shortly. Amazon says they will release it as soon as they get it. Obviously there has been a major breakdown in communication between them & we're not being kept in the loop!
    Didn't realize it had been a week already, I also play on my phone when I can't get on kindle. *sigh*

Also, there will presumably be event tasks too, as well as perhaps peanuts items, which Kindle players will not be able to do or dump. The clubhouse will not be updated either. I cant take the risk of racing,

Hey, everyone!

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for this situation. We work hard to release game updates for different platforms at the same time, but, as I've mentioned, the app store can delay the release for some time and unfortunately, there is no possibility to influence that.

We'll definitely extend the Snow Ride event for our Amazon players. As for participating in the Regatta Season, you will be able to race as usual, but please keep in mind that some tasks (like event tasks or those that require new products) won't be available on the Amazon platform till the update is out.

We appreciate your understanding.

Regards,
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hey, everyone!

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for this situation. We work hard to release game updates for different platforms at the same time, but, as I've mentioned, the app store can delay the release for some time and unfortunately, there is no possibility to influence that.

We'll definitely extend the Snow Ride event for our Amazon players. As for participating in the Regatta Season, you will be able to race as usual, but please keep in mind that some tasks (like event tasks or those that require new products) won't be available on the Amazon platform till the update is out.

Regards,
    Anna
    Thank you Anna. I have already decided to sit the regatta out until I have the update to access everything, minimising the chances for any glitches.. This is good news for those who want to go ahead and race, and as I mentioned particularly solo racers.

TBH I have no interest in the Snow Ride event. Not even the personal goals or the very few decs I thought I wanted. I am now just hoping to be updated in time for the upcoming new bubble gum event.

As you have not mentioned any time frame for the update, I guess it is solely in the hands of Amazon (with no communication to Playrix). Unfortunately there seems to be minimal info being given to customers from them, so it seems we will know nothing, and it is a case of waiting blindly for it to be released.
    Last edited by Downton; 07-22-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    As you have not mentioned any time frame for the update, I guess it is in the hands of Amazon (with no communication to Playrix). Unfortunately there seems to be minimal info being given to customers from them, so it seems we will know nothing, and it is a case of waiting blindly for it to be released.
    I understand your frustration, but just a thought, or another assumption from what I have read here:
    It could very well be, that the testing department at Amazon sees that it is the second time they found a bug in the new version delivered by Playrix. This time it's possibly the friends list thing - don't remember what it was the last time. But my memory says, they held it back and delivered only the corrected version to their users, while IOS and Android simply "handed over" what was given by Playrix. I wondered at that time already, whether no one else tests the new versions (at Apple and Google). IIRC, we all had an update then, like now.

If that now happened again - and they had to read only this forum to hear about the friends list bug and ppl not being able to help their friends, or they found out by -oha- testing! - then they would of course hold it back, and NOT give it out, before repaired. It's how QA usually works - not deliver and then withdraw or deliver in patches.

Maybe they even work with Playrix' Devs together, to find out how to repair it on a *Kindle* device?
    And maybe Amazon even has a better caring here for their customers than others...?

Their missing communication... well. No excuse for that; I find almost all companies involved here - and their professionals and representatives - sit in the same boat.
    Apart from NO SW company writing about their bugs in public, of course. That they don't tell us a "when", might be due to their working on it - and also simply not knowing.
    Last edited by _DD_; 07-22-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hey, everyone!

Regards,
    Anna
    Anna, thank you for your response BUT the question is, how much time, if any, is the playrix development team spending on correcting the update issues posed by Amazon? It appears that Amazon found some issues and are waiting to hear back from Playrix.

The issue doesn't appear to be when it is released, but how quickly playrix responds to questions that a platform has concerning the new update!

This is really a true mess!!
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 173
    Castaway Co op
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I understand your frustration, but just a thought, or another assumption from what I have read here:
    It could very well be, that the testing department at Amazon sees that it is the second time they found a bug in the new version delivered by Playrix. This time it's possibly the friends list thing - don't remember what it was the last time. But my memory says, they held it back and delivered only the corrected version to their users, while IOS and Android simply "handed over" what was given by Playrix. I wondered at that time already, whether no one else tests the new versions (at Apple and Google). IIRC, we all had an update then, like now.

If that now happened again - and they had to read only this forum to hear about the friends list bug and ppl not being able to help their friends, or they found out by -oha- testing! - then they would of course hold it back, and NOT give it out, before repaired. It's how QA usually works - not deliver and then withdraw or deliver in patches.

Maybe they even work with Playrix' Devs together, to find out how to repair it on a *Kindle* device?
    And maybe Amazon even has a better caring here for their customers than others...?

Their missing communication... well. No excuse for that; I find almost all companies involved here - and their professionals and representatives - sit in the same boat.
    Apart from NO SW company writing about their bugs in public, of course. That they don't tell us a "when", might be due to their working on it - and also simply not knowing.
    What you say makes a lot of sense DD, and it's good to see another perspective. Especially Amazon's care for customers (maybe I won't abandon my kindle after all ). I'm afraid my frustration had got the better of me, fuelled by their lack of communication.

Thanks for the possible explanations of what could be going on .

I have played TS from the beginning on mobile and been a member of this Forum almost as long, over 5 years. I remember a long ago Forum post where the Admin of the day told us that each OS had a specific development team - iOS, Android and Kindle. There was no windows version back then.

Maybe, if Graylady reads this, she can concur or disagree with my rusty memory. Anyway, my point is that if there are indeed different teams focused on each OS there would be no need for Playrix to have an “all hands on deck” call to resolve a Kindle issue.

Additionally, for many months now with each update release there is always the subtle caveat made by Anna that a certain App Store might delay release later than the others. Now, we all know that store is the Amazon store. And its release for Kindles is almost always later than the other providers.

I wonder if there is some bad “ju-ju” between the two companies that causes this to happen time after time?
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

When I spoke to Amazon last night they were very helpful. The person I talked to checked with several levels of their game team and what was reported back to me was that Amazon has not even received the update yet at all. So I don't know how the assertion that the update is released to all game stores at the same time but it is the store holding up the works can fly.
    Amazon sent me an email after our conversation saying they are working to get the release out ASAP.
    But that still doesn't satisfy me as to why it has taken so long to get the update to Amazon.
    I appreciate having the update checked for bugs but they have to GET the update first to do that.
    At least thanks for clarifying that this will not affect the regatta play....I hope.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    I have played TS from the beginning on mobile and been a member of this Forum almost as long, over 5 years. I remember a long ago Forum post where the Admin of the day told us that each OS had a specific development team - iOS, Android and Kindle. There was no windows version back then.

Maybe, if Graylady reads this, she can concur or disagree with my rusty memory. Anyway, my point is that if there are indeed different teams focused on each OS there would be no need for Playrix to have an “all hands on deck” call to resolve a Kindle issue.

Additionally, for many months now with each update release there is always the subtle caveat made by Anna that a certain App Store might delay release later than the others. Now, we all know that store is the Amazon store. And its release for Kindles is almost always later than the other providers.

I wonder if there is some bad “ju-ju” between the two companies that causes this to happen time after time?
    Hi Nana,

I remember the same thing. Each team take care of a platform and I doubt they can all work on the same as they would not be familiar with the different subtleties. And I agree with you about something going on between the 2 companies. I remember another update with a long delay where both companies where blaming the other. This one look like a repeat...
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix