Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoarding? How do you organize your barn?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa MH View Post
    I may have read that tip somewhere else - I'm always hunting for tips. My zoo is at level 10 so, obviously it's not a priority for me. I will say this though, getting an enclosure full of animals does reward you nicely in TCash. I like renaming the animals and the zoo has nice pathways that I wish I could use in my town. I don't know if you've noticed but township people like to sit on the benches there and kiss which I have never noticed in my town. The zoo is definitely something I will develop further, I'm just too lazy right now.

Happy Townshipping!
    Re: Zoo (off topic but worthy)
    Search "seul sur la mer" in the co-op search screen of your game. You'll find that co-op has one member. (Ralph0989) if you click and visit his zoo you will be amazed and maybe invigorated to work on your zoo in earnest. Apparently this fellow researched all the great zoos of the world and patterned his based on his research.

I didn't know this man but his story is in the forums if you're interested. I'm sorry if you are already familiar with him and his zoo. Just thought it was worth bringing since you mentioned working on your zoo.

I'd like to see your town if you mention your co-op. I don't know how to find anyone's towns any other way.

I try to keep a few of everything then worry about larger numbers if the issue arises

Quote Originally Posted by barnesville View Post
    Re: Zoo (off topic but worthy)
    Search "seul sur la mer" in the co-op search screen of your game. You'll find that co-op has one member. (Ralph0989) if you click and visit his zoo you will be amazed and maybe invigorated to work on your zoo in earnest. Apparently this fellow researched all the great zoos of the world and patterned his based on his research.

I didn't know this man but his story is in the forums if you're interested. I'm sorry if you are already familiar with him and his zoo. Just thought it was worth bringing since you mentioned working on your zoo.

I'd like to see your town if you mention your co-op. I don't know how to find anyone's towns any other way.

Thank you so much for sharing that zoo. It has to be THE nicest township zoo I've ever seen.

It has inspired me to put more effort into my own zoo as well as my town. Just need time and coins.

I'm in the Join, Share, Grow co-op. Green shield with dove. Town name is Island View but I change it from time to time.

I can't remember if you posted your co-op & town name, if you haven't I would love to visit yours as well.

I think that the tools and ingots should be in the box with the clay so there can be more space in the barn for our products. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia Bell View Post
    I think that the tools and ingots should be in the box with the clay so there can be more space in the barn for our products.
    Hi there. Only mining tools and ore are stored separately. I tend to keep the ore and make the ingots as I use them. This saves me a lot of space in my barn. Unfortunately Playrix have made it clear in the first link of my signature that no extra storage will be created for building tools and materials.

Quote Originally Posted by barnesville View Post
    Have any of you figured out what the sweet spot is for keeping products in your barn?

Today I've set out on a quest to organize my barn. Crops vs. Products. Items that take the longest to make? I was thinking those things that take the longest should be kept in the greatest numbers. But as I was producing things I began to realize some things just are not in that great a demand i.e. books, peach yogurt, etc. so maybe keeping too many of those is a bad idea (until a train wants large numbers).

I was wondering if any of you Township players have found a method that works well for using the barn to your best advantage.

Any and all ideas would be great to see.

Thanks,
    co-op Sibbys 2.0
    level 75
    zoo 9
    Oh the barn and how it's always near full capacity. In my strategy storage is in servitude to supply. Meaning supply comes first. Also consequential: farm fields are always being worked, harvested as soon as possible. So my barn is always near full, no matter what. If it's half full I'm failing hard.

With this strategy, it's unavoidable I need to siphon off stuff to make room. There are some rules I follow here to optimize my production chain:
    - building mats get sold as soon as they reach the max for the community building I'm building.
    - barn upgrade mats get sold as soon as they reach the max for the barn level.
    - animal feed is NEVER stored in the barn, but in the feeding mills instead, yes I've got 24 plank for sacks of feed.
    - factory planks are used wherever possible, always optimizing number stored against number of items in queue.

Before selling off directly from the barn I:
    - check if I can dump hot items in the zoo;
    - check if I can fulfil help requests;
    - check if I can fulfil helicopter requests.

When I still inevitably need to sell directly from the barn I:
    - sell crops first, if any in number of 10 or above, and the fastest growing crop goes first.
    - sell peaches - maybe I should send less boats yonder and more to the other three islands
    - rarely sell products, but some do have a habit of being able to get piled up because they're independent from the sugar mill/dairy for that factory and don't end up in crates that often either. For me that's milkshakes and burrito's. I tend to get those in overflow while keeping my factories working at all times.

As for the zoo, I've found it supplies a decent flow of barn upgrade items. My guessing is that this balances out the extra storage you need for planks, hinges, screwdrivers and the likes. Not to mention it's a great extra siphon for overflow products. Don't not play the zoo just because of "storage", that's what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa MH View Post
    I may have read that tip somewhere else - I'm always hunting for tips. My zoo is at level 10 so, obviously it's not a priority for me. I will say this though, getting an enclosure full of animals does reward you nicely in TCash. I like renaming the animals and the zoo has nice pathways that I wish I could use in my town. I don't know if you've noticed but township people like to sit on the benches there and kiss which I have never noticed in my town. The zoo is definitely something I will develop further, I'm just too lazy right now.

Happy Townshipping!
    Sorry I waited so long to reply. I wanted to make sure I didn't lead my own topic too far off the rails. It looks like it's come to the end.
    So you may have a look at my town and zoo, in much need to fine tuning!
    Sibbys 2.0
    Barnesville
    zoo level 9
    township level 75
    I took a sight seeing tour through your township and zoo also. Very nice. Very. I enjoy being inspired. I'm also feverishly working on barn suggestions from this thread. Thanks so much.

I like that "rule of 6" idea. I'm going to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy77 View Post

I have never read that clue about the building supplies. ( I have all of my factories and community buildings, however, as I mentioned barn space hasn't been a problem since around barn size 400. The reason for this was I didn't start collecting the slabs and bricks until I reached about 75-80% of the glass required. I read that tip here I think. Once I read that I never had a problem again. If I did, it was very short-lived. )
    What I have read (and followed) is to only buy one community building at a time and, if the trains are bringing too many of one type, to make sure it stays one less than required until you only need one or two more of the other types of building supplies. Which I have also followed, selling off the excess to keep it one below.
    I have been reading the above quotes from posts.
    As a newcomer, I don't understand how can you know what building materials you will need for each building so you can only keep what you need?
    Some help would be very much appreciated!😊