Thread: Plane asking for otters item, seaweed, but I haven't built otter pond yet?

Question Plane asking for otters item, seaweed, but I haven't built otter pond yet?

I was trying to delay a bit on building my first otter pond.

My latest plane is asking for seaweed when I haven't built the otter pond.

With regard to factory items (not animal products), planes will start asking once you have the population to build the factory. But I don't know how it works for animal products. Is it that if you are at the level to build the pond, the planes expect you to have the animal product?

I was trying to put the otters off as I don't want to open Fisherman's Island yet.

Thanks in advance.

I believe I found the answer to my question.

I discovered that otters are available starting at level 58. So I imagine that starting at level 58, one can get plane requests for otter products just as one might get requests for milk, eggs, bacon, or feathers.

I suppose this was a good thing, as it kick-started me into building my otter farm

You can always just feed your otters eggs and bacon instead of fish, if you want.

Bessville, thank you. I will try this. Hopefully I can still collect enough otter goodies.

They do look cute, so I am looking forward to welcoming them to my town.

Quote Originally Posted by missy. View Post
    Bessville, thank you. I will try this. Hopefully I can still collect enough otter goodies.

They do look cute, so I am looking forward to welcoming them to my town.
    Hi missy,

I didn‘t try eggs, but bacon‘s not so bad, in my opinion. No reason to open fisherman’s island just because of the otters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Hi missy,

I didn‘t try eggs, but bacon‘s not so bad, in my opinion. No reason to open fisherman’s island just because of the otters.
    Yes, bacon still gets you pearls, so all three goods are obtainable without needing fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Hi missy,

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Yes, bacon still gets you pearls, so all three goods are obtainable without needing fish.
    Thank you Zimbelstern and Bessville I have been using bacon, and thankfully it has been working well for my current needs. I don't do the Regatta pearl task, so cannot speak to that, and I don't use recipes yet with pearls, so at some point I may need more pearls, but for now, I am doing fine with bacon.