Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14 juillet.

14 juillet.

Je suis déçue. Très déçue.
    À l'occasion du nouvel an chinois, le jeu nous a offert un petit cadeau pour marquer l'événement, pourvu qu'on ait choisi de jouer en chinois.
    Comme je suis dans une coopérative anglophone je joue en anglais pour éviter des erreurs de traduction.
    On est aujourd'hui le 14 juillet, Fête Nationale. Je change mes paramètres et .... rien. Bien-sûr j'aurais aimé du TC, mais aurais été satisfait avec des pièces ou même une décoration, disons feu d'artifice, à prix réduit.
    Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité.

Dear Mods
    Didn't know what thread to attach this to so apologies if starting a new thread not correct thing to do.

Translation:
    I am disappointed, severely disappointed.
    The game gave chinese-speaking players a small gift to mark Chinese New Year.
    As am in an anglophone co-op, I play in English to avoid mistranslation misunderstandings.
    Today is Bastille Day. I changed my settings and ... nothing.
    Of course I would have liked tc, but would have been satisfied with coins, or a reduced price fireworks decoration.
    Liberty, EQUALITY, Fraternity

Don't feel too bad. There was nothing for the 4th of July, Cinco de Mayo, May Day, Star Wars Day (May the fourth), Pi Day (3/14) or any such significant date in various countries and cultures.

Ne te sens pas trop mal. Il n'y avait rien pour le 4 juillet, Cinco de Mayo, le 1er mai, le Jour de Star Wars (le 4 mai), le Jour de Pi (3/14) ou une date aussi significative dans divers pays et cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Don't feel too bad. There was nothing for the 4th of July, Cinco de Mayo, May Day, Star Wars Day (May the fourth), Pi Day (3/14) or any such significant date in various countries and cultures.

Ne te sens pas trop mal. Il n'y avait rien pour le 4 juillet, Cinco de Mayo, le 1er mai, le Jour de Star Wars (le 4 mai), le Jour de Pi (3/14) ou une date aussi significative dans divers pays et cultures.
    Thanks et merci cdosr,
    There's still hope for Pi Day - 8 days until 22/7.
    Was mainly hoping for an explanation of why not all languages treated equally, though choosing a date for English would be a conundrum.

Ive often thought it strange Township does this. It is an international and diverse game so why acknowledge certain festivals and not others? I even have had players opt out playing at certain times of year as they do not celebrate certain events in the game and it conflicts in their realife beliefs. I think it would be much better if playrix set their own calendar of events as not to make any players feel excluded

Quote Originally Posted by burpydurpy View Post
    Ive often thought it strange Township does this. It is an international and diverse game so why acknowledge certain festivals and not others? I even have had players opt out playing at certain times of year as they do not celebrate certain events in the game and it conflicts in their realife beliefs. I think it would be much better if playrix set their own calendar of events as not to make any players feel excluded
    I agree, if your gonna do for some do for all. And if your not gonna respect all then don't do any at all.

albeit a nice idea, I don't think this (their own calendar, and only this) is possible - every creation would always remind someone on something they know from RL. And the rest would complain "their" special days are missing suddenly.
    Also, Playrix folks are also human and have an environment or experiences, from/with which they work. They might have thought they offered quite many already. Whether their claim is really to cover all, and all over the world, is doubtful.

And I think they choose (from what they know and) what can be well "translated" into pretty and recognizable deco.

Yes but they already have a friendship week installed emphasis should be more on this and a united world than as i mentioned previous celebrating a few existing festivals.

Yes but they already have a friendship week installed emphasis should be more on this and a united world than as i mentioned previous celebrating a few existing festivals.
    Sorry, but without any punctuation I have difficulties to understand you. Guessing:
    "Yes but they already have a friendship week installed
    emphasis should be more on this and a united world than
    as i mentioned previous
    celebrating a few existing festivals."

If that's right, I would now have to ask Why is this an argument in your opinion, what does "installing a friendship week" have to do with allowing (for lack of better word) or not other events? I doubt, btw, that anything "friendship" related is Playrix' creation.

And I like hearing/meeting also other festivities here, those i know and those I don't.
    As long as it is possible to opt out etc, it would be OK IMO and the better way. That possibility could be indeed enhanced.
    Last edited by _DD_; 07-17-2019 at 05:23 AM.

Lunar New Year (not really Chinese) is celebrated in many cultures all over the world including the U.S. I don’t know what gift you mean, there was an event and decorations I believe.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 100 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9

Quote Originally Posted by Veganville View Post
    Lunar New Year (not really Chinese) is celebrated in many cultures all over the world including the U.S. I don’t know what gift you mean, there was an event and decorations I believe.
    When - around chinese new year - you changed the language in settings to traditional chinese, you got a message with some t-cash at the end. I suppose that‘s what JayS meant.