Thread: Re-building houses.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re-building houses.

I have read some people demolish some houses when they have enough townpeople, and rebuild them when needed.

So far I always managed to fit in new ‘old’ houses that were added in an update, but this time I don’t see how...

6514039C-C238-442B-BC4D-C6709C43D5D5.jpg

So my question:
    how does it work exactly?
    you just delete some houses you can’t use and buy and build them again when a new update is out and you have too little people? Can do it with any house? And the same over and over again?

Yes, people either suggest doing this or actually do sell and re-buy houses.

The problem with that strategy is that, on higher levels where land is at a premium, when they introduce new land expansions they often require a large population (e.g., houses). But if you have filled the land with decorations and other esthetically beautiful things, there's no room to build the previously sold houses to have enough population to buy the land expansion, a catch-22. You need more land to re-build houses to get more land.

It's not impossible but selling and re-buying houses does require a bit of planning and re-arranging your town while construction is going on.

ETA: To answer your other questions, you can do it to any house, any time, and you can do it over and over as needed. Just don't forget you only get 1/2 of what you paid for a house when you sell it but you must buy it back for full price. If you are low on coins, re-buying enough houses may take a little longer as you acquire enough coins.
    Last edited by cdosr; 07-11-2019 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Answer other question

I've not yet sold off any housing through lack of space, but have done when a coins task needed finishing fast.

Zelda, I sold house about a year ago. We weren't getting any new CB, so didn't need the population. But now with new CB coming on a regular basis, you need the maximum population! And also, you have to wait for houses to be built before you build new CB because you need the population. A vicious costly cycle now.

I was afraid of these problems, therefore my question.

I don’t know what's worse: trying to fit in the new houses or demolish some old ones and hide the new ones there....

Well, as it will take weeks before I have all the tools for the new communitybuilding, I’ll have lots to consider now.... Thanx!
    Last edited by Zelda; 07-12-2019 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling

I use the hide button and shove them in wherever I can find room, until I can clear the expansions. It's frustrating though, as we're not gaining any room at all.

We soo need upgradeable CBs!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I use the hide button and shove them in wherever I can find room, until I can clear the expansions. It's frustrating though, as we're not gaining any room at all.

We soo need upgradeable CBs!
    lol...I do this as well. Still waiting on Raja to sell large carpets so I can sweep everything under it. I think upgrading would be helpful....I was thinking of houses too.

Still would like to it where, like decorations, we can store all cbs and houses. Then when stored...we do not lose our population.

I keep an area near my town sign to put current decorations, I just store others. I like putting houses and buildings in into communities like a golf community, golden gated community, lake community, child friendly community, etc. I have my town looking like a town except for the small decoration section. Same with the zoo. I love expansions and move buildings around whenever I get extra room. I do NOT like new factories or products. The game would be more fun if we had fewer factories and fewer products, but keep adding community buildings and expanding population.