Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2019 Update [Android/iOS/Kindle]

I'm really starting to consider getting a Samsung tablet. The only issue I have is whether my game will transfer from kindle without facebook.
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I'm really starting to consider getting a Samsung tablet. The only issue I have is whether my game will transfer from kindle without facebook.
    I don’t actively use facebook....but i have a facebook account that i started a few years ago for the purpose of moving my games from an old android tablet to my new ipad. I know people who use their middle name or first and middle names so they don’t show up on searches or friend suggestions. My sister tried to “friend” me and i turned down her request because i knew it would trigger other people to add me to their friends list and i really didn’t want it to turn into a normal facebook account....i’m stubborn that way

From what I know you need to be connected to Facebook to transfer your game to another device. You could always get a Facebook account and then transfer the game and then delete Facebook.
    I do not want to go to another device because I don't want to pay for the extra memory to play on a tablet. Playing on Kindle is essentially free.
    This isn't the first time we have had to wait for an update. They always get it out sooner or later.
    When I first started playing I think we waited about 10 days or more for the Halloween update.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    I don’t actively use facebook....but i have a facebook account that i started a few years ago for the purpose of moving my games from an old android tablet to my new ipad. I know people who use their middle name or first and middle names so they don’t show up on searches or friend suggestions. My sister tried to “friend” me and i turned down her request because i knew it would trigger other people to add me to their friends list and i really didn’t want it to turn into a normal facebook account....i’m stubborn that way
    Lol Magnolia . I was just posting in the other update thread, but moved here when I saw your post . I have just done the unthinkable and created a FB account for my township. I have no idea how any of it works so I doubt I will end up with many friends for the game, but hopefully it will allow me to swap tablets. That's good thinking not friending family on it and keeping it just township . I was a bit disappointed that the avatar I use on here which I have put on the FB page isn't showing up in game to use. The Facebook profile pic in the town Hall is just showing a silhouette .
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Lol Magnolia . I was just posting in the other update thread, but moved here when I saw your post . I have just done the unthinkable and created a FB account for my township. I have no idea how any of it works so I doubt I will end up with many friends for the game, but hopefully it will allow me to swap tablets. That's good thinking not friending family on it and keeping it just township . I was a bit disappointed that the avatar I use on here which I have put on the FB page isn't showing up in game to use. The Facebook profile pic in the town Hall is just showing a silhouette .
    You’ve crossed over to the dark side lol!....just kidding
    The facebook picture seems to take awhile to show up...or to update if you change. I still don’t add friends in the game through facebook. I use it strictly as a way to save and transfer.

I think it is possible to move a game to a new device without Facebook as long as it is the same operating system. I have been able to move games (including this one) from iPad to iPad for example.

I think Facebook is the only solution, though, for moving to a device with a different operating system, like iOS to android.

I just remembered that when i first tried to use my facebook pic as my avatar (on ipad) it didn’t show up but it was there when i went into my town on android. I see your regular one on both android and ios now—do you have it set to your facebook pic?

I’ve also had friends show up with two different facebook pics, one for ipad and a different one on android. Eventually, they synced up.

I am tired of waiting (3+ year player on kindle) and took the shot at getting from Google. I have the Play Store loaded on my kindle. Had to go through the tutorial, but was able to link via Facebook and all is good. Did have to delete the Amazon version of the game, but I did that after I was sure the Play Store version worked. Hope this helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    I just remembered that when i first tried to use my facebook pic as my avatar (on ipad) it didn’t show up but it was there when i went into my town on android. I see your regular one on both android and ios now—do you have it set to your facebook pic?

I’ve also had friends show up with two different facebook pics, one for ipad and a different one on android. Eventually, they synced up.
    Well, I made the mistake I guess of trying to add a couple of FB friends from the posts on the forum. My FB account got flagged as suspicious and requested a photo. I sent a pic of the avatar and don't expect it to be successfully reviewed anytime soon, lol. I have now created a new account and linked it to the game, but am scared to even add that pic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Newman Turza View Post
    I am tired of waiting (3+ year player on kindle) and took the shot at getting from Google. I have the Play Store loaded on my kindle. Had to go through the tutorial, but was able to link via Facebook and all is good. Did have to delete the Amazon version of the game, but I did that after I was sure the Play Store version worked. Hope this helps!!
    Thanks Kathy, I wasn't aware it was possible to have Google Play on a kindle???