Thread: Automatic Translation

Automatic Translation

Hi, i have really enjoyed the game so far and love the idea where we could assist our friends along the game. Though I wonder.. because people all over the world are playing this game and we might not all speak in the same language..I thought that it would be great idea if an automated translator could be incorporated into the chat system, hence it would allow us to communicate better with members of our co-op who speak a different language this came up to me because i had a member of co-op who send some chat and i couldn't understand what he/she needed and no one replied probably because no one understood..hopefully this small change could make everyone enjoy the game even more

I think is a great idea. We had 2 people join and unable to translate (I have an app) but couldn’t figure out the language. I am sure they were frustrated and left. We are even marked as English speaking but will accept all

It would be great if the game allowed us to copy the language from the chat screen so we could translate it using another app. I understand that adding translation into the game is a complexity but if we could copy and paste it into google translator we could at least communicate with other co-op members

I think this is a brilliant idea.
    The problem would be identifying the language you want to translate, and would apply to any translator.
    The copy and paste I can't see being an option due to privacy issues

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    I think this is a brilliant idea.
    The problem would be identifying the language you want to translate, and would apply to any translator.
    The copy and paste I can't see being an option due to privacy issues
    I would love to see some way of translating in the the game because there are so many (major) languages that aren't available to players. I understand that a translation tool would use a lot of data, so I'm very much in favour of a copy and paste option. Not sure why you think it would be a privacy issue??? In Google translate (and maybe other translation tools) if you paste text into the search feature it will detect which language is being used automatically, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Chat is set at the moment to keep anything that's said private and not to be shared outside of the coop.
    A copy and paste tool woukd allow anything said to be taken out of there.
    It may seem harmless at the time, but some people could take offence.
    It is a forum rule that what's in your coop should stay in your coop.

Chat is set at the moment to keep anything that's said private and not to be shared outside of the coop.
    A copy and paste tool woukd allow anything said to be taken out of there.
    It may seem harmless at the time, but some people could take offence.
    It is a forum rule that what's in your coop should stay in your coop.
    I once got nosey enough to screenshot what was being said (about me) in Greek to type into an outside translation tool. (Working out how to add a Greek keyboard was a technical challenge to me then). It took a looong time.
    As we can easily screenshot, I suspect the inability to copy from chat may be intended to protect us from dodgy website links.
    I can still paste into chat (android) though believe others cannot.

ETA. My reply was Eff Haristo.

As with anything JayS, there is always a workaround, but I suspect Playrix have their rules in place to protect themselves.
    If we as players choose to break their rules and anything manifests from our actions, Playrix cannot then be held responsible.

As with anything JayS, there is always a workaround, but I suspect Playrix have their rules in place to protect themselves.
    If we as players choose to break their rules and anything manifests from our actions, Playrix cannot then be held responsible.
    Egggsactly.
    The mods here do a fab job keeping this forum free of Landschmied/Lunch meat/Spam. Doubt they'd volunteer to police co-op chats too

I once spent two weeks in a Portuguese-speaking co-op (and yes, I knew they spoke Portuguese when I don't, but I went to visit a friend) I had to copy messages by hand into a notebook, then type them into a translation tool, write my answer, translate it and then type it into chat. It was a pain (though I definitely speak more Portuguese now than I ever did before )

I'm not exactly sure what rules are being broken, but if you are a member of any Township groups on social media, you will quite often see screenshots of both posts from this forum, and from various co-op chats there.

I would find copy and paste really helpful (as far as I know on Kindle it doesn't work)