Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two questions about events

Two questions about events

1. Start late or early ?
      Is it true we find easier opponents if we wait to start ?
    2. Is it possible to be in competition with a coop friend ?
      by trying to start at the same moment ? Did some of you try this ?

thanks

You might be grouped with a friend if you synchronise your start, I suppose, but we're sorted by level too. My current group has players spanning about 5 levels above and below me.

In general, it is better to wait and start later to avoid all the players that want to get on the global event leaderboard, those start right when the event starts.

After that there is no real formula as to when to start to reap the most benefits. Some swear by starting on the last day and some that did that also got grouped with people already played for days so there was no way to catch up.

It’s really just luck but in general, start later is the rule of thumb

Quote Originally Posted by Robin_1 View Post
    1. Start late or early ?

thanks
    Like Bess said we are grouped by level as well, my group are up to 10 above or below me. I often start 2 or 3 days after event starts, I spend those first days building up my rockets or tools etc. I still face stiff competition off at least a few players, so it is by no means a guarantee of placing in top 3.For me starting straight away is worse as I would probably have even more serious competition and I would have no supplies ready either.
    Last edited by Downton; 07-08-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin_1 View Post
    1. Start late or early ?

thanks
    Ive tried different approaches, you will be grouped with players of similar levels. I've started first day, second day & 3 days to go, it's just luck of who you get grouped with. Although the higher your level the more competitive the competition is. I 've never tried to start with a friend so I don't know if it's possible, but it seems likely.

I'm at the same level as my husband in the game, with a couple of events we have tried starting at the same time and never been in the same group, it must be possible, but we haven't hit it yet.

As for the time to start I find just over halfway through the event is generally best for me, gives you time to avoid the hardcore start straight off, keep going all week types and also you avoid the ones who save rockets, paint etc all week and make a stealth attack on the last day.

Of course though, this as everyone else has said is never guaranteed. It is really pretty random.

Thank you for all your answers. I’m like you, i think it’s above all a question of luck. I hoped found a way to find only lazy persons

Previous event i was we a friend of similar level. We were too happy. We tried to start together the last one but we failed to be in the same group

I think it has been really random for me, I've tried different start times (including saving rockets for a few days before beginning, for example). I've found there are just a lot of variables that can't be accounted for. This past event, I finished 2nd with 2,134 points. I started a couple days later, and got grouped with players mostly around my level, except for one extreme outlier. I'm level 133, but the 1st place winner was level 242! They smoked the competition, finishing with 3,189.

A friend of mine started 3 days before it ended and finished 3rd in her bracket with a score that was 1/10th what took 3rd in mine.

Because I've had so much variation, I tend to just start according to whether I feel like keeping up with the event for the entire time it's happening, or only a few days.

I've never had the pleasure of being put in competition with my friends, but think that would be fun!

Since I reached levels higher than 110, competitions haven´t sounded fair for me.. I produce tickets first to start and my group change for all the first day.. sometimes I start in 2nd and people just come out (with 100x points or more) and I get lower than 20th place..

Is that happening to someone here?

AlwaysKimmie
    I think in that case people are building up moves for the games or challenges so they can play it all at once. There was a time I was in first place and I got knocked down to 10th place in like minutes but I built back up. Like a transport I was going back and forth with another player so instead I waited for plain and all trains and sent them all out at once.