Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Blossoming Boulevards Event July 2019 [General Discussion]

Quote Originally Posted by Arya's Ghost View Post
    I like this event. There is one issue, however, and I'm not sure if it's only on my device or all of them. When you get a X2 boost or a binocular boost, the square that displays those boosts are in the way of the "arc" you're creating for the next jump. So you can't see where your arc is pointing. I could try to get a screenshot, but it might be too difficult.
    You‘re right there. The last roof jumping event, the booster went transparent, when the arch got in the way ...

This game is hard enough for me but it is so annoying when you hit the 2x and you the timer in the middle. It blocks the end of your projectionary path so it's impossible to accurately figure out where your going to land. If it's a smaller building I just have to wait for it to time out.

Agree totally with the comments about boosters getting in the way. Counterproductive .
    I fell off a LOT during this event, the moving balloons make my eyes lose focus. I can handle a moving target, but not something moving nearby.

Thanks to other posters in this thread had prepped 200 rockets and carried on producing while playing. It took me 80 attempts to reach 5 personal goals, but also cost me 114 TC (onehundredandfourteen). So would suggest saving up 300 rockets would be prudent.
    Now just have to hope that no-one in my grouping is supercompetitive or it would have been much cheaper to buy the Dec and booster.

I quit playing this event about halfway to my first personal goal. The arc on screen is not right. The sheep always lands short of where it shows. And it only gives you a short time to aim before the rocket flames out and you have to start again. And if your tablet's touchscreen is a little glitchy (which is actually pretty common, in my experience), it can release without you telling it to. Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if it let you play on an emulator, but that is a discussion for another thread.

I like this event and after some practice usually make it to the end without falling off. I'm not spending t-cash when I fall and not opening the chests on the roofs. I like most of the decorations and have managed to fit them all into my town.
    Love the flower house that was offered in the sale but disappointed that the video guy has now gone back into hiding since I bought it.
    The event rewards are pretty bad, I guess because the devs took away the massive rewards for hoppers this now affects all of us with quality of event and regatta rewards. So enjoying what I can and getting over the rest.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

At first I didn't like the event either, but having now played it a few times...I do.

For me personally:

I set my goal to obtain only the personal event rewards. If I place anywhere in the leaderboard...just icing on the cake.

First thing I did was make a ton of rockets. Then, I blasted off to each rooftop...or the ground (sometimes I don't even make the first rooftop)...lol.

I found that if I aim for the rooftops only and not for the balloons or boosters I did better in the event. I shot up from being at the bottom of the leaderboard to being first. (I was shocked! )

Take your time to set up the guide/arrow/arch/"eyebrow" on the roof you're shooting for. If you need to undo the guide...just go back to the sheep until it is back to start and then redo it.

If you do get a double points booster...don't rush...keep your focus on getting to the next rooftop...not the points.

Just making it to the very end gives the 50 bonus points, so I aim for that and any points earned in-between is great.

Fall. Yes...you read correctly...fall. Don't use tcash to keep going...just fall. In doing so I discovered I avoid those awful skinny rooftops. (ok...so I stink...but it is still a good strategy! )
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 07-06-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Seahaven View Post
    I don't like these roof jumping events so I'm not playing. I bought the decorations, rather than waste time playing the event. My time is worth more than the amount of t-cash I spent and I don't want to spend my time frustrated and bored watching a sheep jump in the air. Please no more roof jumping events!

I LOVE the florists house. Wow so pretty! I like the other event decorations too. I could never have enough decorations with flowers and gardening. Why not have an event where we make bouquets? Seems like that would fit better with the theme..
    In the end, it’s probably not much more tcash than you would have spent buying your way back onto roofs for do-overs. We only win one decoration at the fifth goal, so we need tcash for the others anyway.

Which decoration is the florist house? I have the florist community building (which is very pretty), but not any event decoration called that.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 07-06-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    In the end, it’s probably not much more tcash than you would have spent buying your way back onto roofs for do-overs. We only win one decoration at the fifth goal, so we need tcash for the others anyway.

Which decoration is the florist house? I have the florist community building (which is very pretty), but not any event decoration called that.
    The florist house is the special TC purchase decoration. Pink with a white pergola- pic on way
    Link to DDs post showing house: https://forum.playrix.com/attachment...5&d=1562352135
    Last edited by JayS; 07-06-2019 at 04:26 PM.

I didn't start the competition until I had 340 rockets made and have kept the shop constantly running making more. I am quite good at this event, my score is just over 800 and am sitting in first place. It's early days but will be quite happy if I stay in top three. I haven't spent any tcash, when I fall I end the run and start again, also have no interest in buying the chests. I could still do with the Tcash from tops placements though as I have spent a lot on decorations!

Have to say I started enjoying playing the event much more once all my personal goals were reached.
    Last edited by Downton; 07-06-2019 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Typo
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    The florist house is the special TC purchase decoration. Pink with a white pergola- pic on way
    Link to DDs post showing house: https://forum.playrix.com/attachment...5&d=1562352135
    Thanks. I found it. I hadn’t noticed the special tcash bundle offers earlier.